User Tag List

First 12

Set standards and goals. Once you've attained those goals using internal standards, you're there.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Set standards and goals. Once you've attained those goals using internal standards, you're there.
    thats just a waypoint where you start to look for new goals . if you set your standards and goals when you are a total newbie in something, those standards and goals wont do it when playing with the big boys
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    thats just a waypoint where you start to look for new goals . if you set your standards and goals when you are a total newbie in something, those standards and goals wont do it when playing with the big boys
    Nothing wrong with forwarding goal posts when the first goal has been attained. It doesn't mean you aren't good at something as an amateur.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    Nothing wrong with forwarding goal posts when the first goal has been attained. It doesn't mean you aren't good at something as an amateur.
    but you arent actually good at something if you are still an amateur
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    but you arent actually good at something if you are still an amateur
    Only if you're reliant on external comparisons and standards to confirm "good" or not.

E - To add to this by shifting perspective, there's an original assumption that internal standards and goals can't exceed external comparisons which isn't always true.

MBTI
    ESFJ

The difference for be being good at something depends on if i am doing it alone or with someone else.

If i am working with a client, i get them to fill out a comment card at the end of the session and ask for honesty & constructive criticism so i am able to perform the next session with more accuracy. All but one card has been positive and it feels good especially when they write a comment about the service they received.

If i am working alone then i just go with what i think. For example i recently started a computerised accounts course, i've completed 4 sessions (2 practice papers) and i'm ready for the exam .. It's too easy even though i have never used sage 2011 previously and last did basic bookkeeping 7 years ago.

I know i'm great at interacting with strangers .. How? they walk away smiling, telling me to have a good day.

I have strengths and weaknesses and appreciate both. If i require assistance at work, i'll ask for it. At home is a different matter though, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe