• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP vs ENTP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I usually look at the thread, then squint my eyes so only a small gap is left open and then I tell the thread on the computer monitor to read itself to me. If he hasnt after the third time, I usually just pick 3 to 5 keywords from the thread and form a comment from it. Sometimes it works and you actually answer in the thread, appearing normal to the other people. Most times tho nearly all people think you're weird and write weird stuff.

The good thing is, it has no downside. Noone picks on you because they think you are weird and dangerous. You dont need to invest too much of your time to answer threads. And you'll have groupies of weird people following you everywhere and being totally exilarated by your weirdness getting orgasms when you twitter: "I just ate chicken !"

You have to give it a try, its awesome ! :)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTP= sociopath
INTP= brainiac

no need to overcomplicate things.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
How can you be a 6w4?

Classic intp

An entp would be more likely to point out (for this isfj audience)how it s a simplistic notion and you can't judge people based on cliches that are poorly correlated with the subject.
Then start talking about the brain physiology of sociopaths. Talk about the success of sociopath in climbing the hierarchical ladder and getting in positions of power and how entps are the second type with the lowest income based on that study. And so the correlation between entps and sociopathy seems unlikely
Etc.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
To use historicophilosophical archetypes i d say that intps on the whole are socratic absolutist while entp, on the whole, are relativists

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Classic intp

An entp would be more likely to point out (for this isfj audience)how it s a simplistic notion and you can't judge people based on cliches that are poorly correlated with the subject.
Then start talking about the brain physiology of sociopaths. Talk about the success of sociopath in climbing the hierarchical ladder and getting in positions of power and how entps are the second type with the lowest income based on that study. And so the correlation between entps and sociopathy seems unlikely
Etc.

So basically ENTPs are more likely to try and prove they're not sociopathic? That's probably more correlated with the idea that many ENTPs are sociopaths than with the ENTP themself.

It's also a really randomly specific example. You sure you'e not just venting about people's misconceptionof your type?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
that's one of those things where you either are or aren't. to aspire to it, and even worse, say so for others to know, shows you're more likely to just end up sad.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
that's one of those things where you either are or aren't. to aspire to it, and even worse, say so for others to know, shows you're more likely to just end up sad.
picard-facepalm.jpg

Lets just say my goals are against the moral standards of society.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So basically ENTPs are more likely to try and prove they're not sociopathic? That's probably more correlated with the idea that many ENTPs are sociopaths than with the ENTP themself.

It's also a really randomly specific example. You sure you'e not just venting about people's misconceptionof your type?

See, you're totally missing the point.
It's about playing with the conversation and turning it into something that interests/entertains you.

And there's 'nothing' random about it. It was just my take on what yenom said.
Are you sure you're not an infp assuming emotional states as my prime motivators?

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
picard-facepalm.jpg

Lets just say my goals are against the moral standards of society.

that's different than being a sociopath. meaning, one doesn't have to be one to be what you've described. and, on a side note, a sociopath wouldn't have cared enough to bother to reply, much less look up a pic.

buuuut, whatever makes you happy. good luck with that.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
See, you're totally missing the point.
It's about playing with the conversation and turning it into something that interests/entertains you.

And there's 'nothing' random about it. It was just my take on what yenom said.
Are you sure you're not an infp assuming emotional states as my prime motivators?

Pretty sure, but sorry. I just misunderstood what you were saying.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That's okey, we'reI'm just playing. :laugh:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ps about your quote : "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
I'd say it's rather "Given enough repetitions, when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, displays a stronger than average correlation with empirical data"

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think we can all agree that ENTPs are the least sociopathic type.
The most sociopathic type should go to some other type , like ISFJs.
Fucking ISFJ sociopaths.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
no. i'd say that it doesn't matter what type a person is. anyone can be sociopathic.