First 1234 Last

Thread: INTP vs ENTP

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Back to the original point the 800 lb monkey in the room seems to be the extrovert/introvert distinction between ENTPs and INTPs

It appears safe to generalize that ENTPs gain energy through interactions with people or objects in the outside world. They tend to enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances. ENTPs are more verbally quick, enthusiastic, outgoing. ENTPs tend to be more motivated by a desire to understand and improve the world they live in.

2ndary to the extrovert introvert division seems to be the Si tertiary/inferior distinction.

With Si inferior ENTP grip on reality seems more tenuous. The Si tertiary combined with the Ti dom seems to make INTPs more pragmatic in totality if not downright skeptical in comparison.
    Mostly true, but ENTPs do not necessarily enjoy people's company, and INTPs don't necessarily get tired by it.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Assuming (rather liberally) that this creative strategy can be arranged into MBTI types like the communication styles, here is what I think.

R=Realist
    D=Dreamer
    C=Critic

Dominant Realists
    ISFP: R>D>C
    ESFP: R>D>C
    ESTP: R>C>D
    ESTJ: R>C>D

Dominant Dreamers
    ENTP: D>R>C
    ENFP: D>R>C
    INFJ: D>C>R
    ENFJ: D>C>R

Dominant Critics
    INTP: C>D>R
    INFP: C>D>R
    ISTJ: C>R>D
    ISTP: C>R>D

Even all over
    ISFJ
    ESFJ
    INTJ
    ENTJ
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

I actually disagree with your RDC ordering. I would imagine that a Realist would have a strong Te, supported by either an S-type or J-type. Some of your realists have a Ti preference.

I would also imagine a critic to have a strong Ni.

For example, using the INTJ, I would think something like C>R>D

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Ingenue View Post
    I actually disagree with your RDC ordering. I would imagine that a Realist would have a strong Te, supported by either an S-type or J-type. Some of your realists have a Ti preference.

I would also imagine a critic to have a strong Ni.

For example, using the INTJ, I would think something like C>R>D
    Critics are mainly the Ji people, particularly Ti, and having a supporting Ne helps with looking deeper. I can see Ni as a critic though. Yes, Te users are probably realists, but so are Se users. I think both Ne and Ni would be good for dreamers, as they are either coming up with tons of great ideas (Ne) or are coming upwith ways to achieve their definite vision (Ni). I thought Si was also a bit of a dreamer function, though a more nostalgic dreamer, but also critiquing to see if it fits. That's why SFJs have everything equal. Si-Ne dreaming, Si-ti critiquing and Fe realism. NTJs have Ni-Fi critiquing, Ni dreaming and Te-Se realism.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

interesting system

i can't speak for the others but i agree with the ENFP order.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You forgot to say that entps have the bigger p-ness .

No, good op I even read it for once !!! General picture it creates sounds about right. I agree with the rdc - pictures aswell and the comment made later on that intps and entps could be more realist at times.

See, I am totally proud of myself, I read a whole thread, only downside is, while approaching the thread with a serious intent, I hadnt the time to plant the bomb somewhere and to play devils advocate now at that point.... But the coffee I just brew is very delicious !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No, good op I even read it for once !!! General picture it creates sounds about right. I agree with the rdc - pictures aswell and the comment made later on that intps and entps could be more realist at times.
    Yeah, the idea that INTPs have no desire whatsoever to see their plans brought to action never made much sense to me. I mean if you spend 20 years designing a teleporter, you're going to want it made.

See, I am totally proud of myself, I read a whole thread, only downside is, while approaching the thread with a serious intent, I hadnt the time to plant the bomb somewhere and to play devils advocate now at that point.... But the coffee I just brew is very delicious !
    You normally don't read full threads? Even short ones?
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTP

It is not that simple.
    First look at the individual declension of the function order.

1.The declension can be low. We cannot determine the MBTI type.
    2.The declension can proximate the mean average. The MBTI type is not found. The nearest MBTI type is found.
    3.The declension can be high. The MBTI type is found. Si is the complementary party of Ne: One continuum. If Ne is the second function, Si is not the third function. Vice versa.
    Declension is directly respective of dichotomy. A continuum does not turn over its own axis.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is not that simple.
    First look at the individual declension of the function order.

1.The declension can be low. We cannot determine the MBTI type.
    2.The declension can proximate the mean average. The MBTI type is not found. The nearest MBTI type is found.
    3.The declension can be high. The MBTI type is found. Si is the complementary party of Ne: One continuum. If Ne is the second function, Si is not the third function. Vice versa.
    Declension is directly respective of dichotomy. A continuum does not turn over its own axis.
    Yeah what?
    JiNe

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    You normally don't read full threads? Even short ones?
    you read threads in their entirety?