123 Last

Thread: FJ villains

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default FJ villains

Probably all types are capable of being villains to some degree, but I'm sure most will agree it is VERY hard to be truly villainous if you are an Fe user, simply because Fe users like to adhere to shared values and keep people happy. But I think I have found a possible example of FJ villains in fiction.

It seems the most likely way an Fe user can be a villain is if they THINK they are helping. Therefore they have to have the delusion that what they are doing will make people happy.

One possible example is Angela Petrelli from Heroes. I am unsure about her, but I think she might be ISFJ. She always tries to 'protect' her family from the world and discreetly manipulates people while hopefully retaining their trust and love into keeping order and happiness in her families life. However, she is obsessive about this and has caused a lot of trouble because of it.

Another is Esme Squalor in A Series of Unfortunate Events, who is probably ESFJ. She is often actually quite cruel to some people, namely the Baudelaires, but she is under a delusion that she is making her particular societal influences (Olaf and troupe) happy with her presence and work in his schemes. She thinks her behaviour (including her need to be 'in' all the time) is beneficial to those who are important to her and she is rather conscious of her social standing.

So, any other FJ villains you can think of?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Banned

Kadaj, from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Okay, okay, I don't really have any idea whether or not Paula Deen is an FJ villain but just seeing her picture tells me that an FJ villain is possible . . .
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISFJ

Oh, no, I do not agree at all it is difficult to be a villain if you are a FJ. Quite the contrary. The darkside of EFJs can be the very definition of ego-hunger.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oh, and I would like to offer my grandmother as another example of an ESFJ villain.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Real Live (Your mileage may vary on some of these):

Hitler (INFJ)
    Goebbels (ENFJ)
    Pol Pot (INFJ)
    Charles Manson (ENFJ)
    Jim Jones (ENFJ)
    David Koresh (ENFJ)
    Leon Trotsky (ENFJ)
    Rasputin (INFJ)
    Bill O'Reilly (ESFJ)
    Bloody Mary of Scotland (ISFJ)
    Pope Innocent III (ESFJ)

Depending on your POV, hick ESFJ pastors from Arkansas who demand niggers to be strung up from lampposts

Fictional:

The Operative (Serenity, INFJ)
    Paladin Alexander Anderson (Hellsing, epic ESFJ is E P I C)
    Silas (The Da Vinci Code, ISFJ)
    Manuel Aringarosa (The Da Vinci Code, ESFJ)
    Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca (Angels & Demons, INFJ)
    Nicolae Carpathia (Left Behind series, ENFJ)
    Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, novel version, INFJ)
    Light Yagami (in the live-action movies he's an evil ESFJ, as opposed to the Manga's walking INTJ stereotype)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Light Yagami (in the live-action movies he's an evil ESFJ, as opposed to the Manga's walking INTJ stereotype)
    I haven'tseen the movie, but I would be surprised at that. I can't imagine an ESFJ being like an INTJ at all, and it seems like a rather rapid departure. Speaking of which, is the movie any good? I heard it's much less intelligent than the anime/manga.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

In the movies, his sense of right and wrong is derived from having read his dad's copy of the Bushido code, which is indicative of Fe and Si. In the anime/manga it's based on his grand (and very utilitarian) vision of a future rid of criminal scum -- Ni and Fi.

The movies are kinda crappy, but they're worth watching. They're campy fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Bloody Mary of Scotland (ISFJ)
    Bloody Mary (Mary I of England) or Mary Queen of Scots? I can definitely see Mary I as some kind of SJ since tradition (especially when it came to religion) was very important to her. She was a bit too fiery/fanatical for an ISFJ though - I think ESFJ wuld be a better fit.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Why would it be particularly hard for an FJ? Fe isn't all about "making people happy" it can be about aligning the feeling environment to yourself, as in you're unhappy so you'll drag everyone else down with you, so the group is "harmoniously" unhappy. When an FJ has a temper tantrum they want everyone else to feel it too. Ingroups and out groups are also important, FJs are keenly aware of who's in and who's out.

I think the 'queen bee' highschool cheerleader 'mean girl' stereotype could be FJ.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations