• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FJ villains

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I presume, the people whom the Fe user feels closest to and most trusting of -- family, friends, community...

It is -- you are correct that true objectivity doesn't exist; but the extroverted feeler is defined by needing such objectivity, and adopting beliefs and views that are, to their best belief, concordant to those of their role models. They feel most comfortable doing so.

Well, you're being objective in such sense as Jung defines objectivity, if the root of your beliefs is what you have been taught is correct. If you simply feel, of your own volition and in your own terms, that society is wrong to adhere to the values it presently adheres to, you are being subjective.
I feel the values society says it holds dear and preaches are not the values it practices.
Lying is the perfect example.
Everybody hates lying until they tell one. Then it's justified.
Some people will even say they never lie. I guess it's not a lie if it's denial??

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm..
OK.. So who sets the tradition or standards?
The standards of someone who has grown up in poverty will not be the same as those who grew up on snob hill.
The standards of an atheist will not be the same as someone who is religious.
I still cannot see how it's not subjective.
My standards and values that I share with people aren't common. But this is the group I share values with.
I reject the common values because they contradict the preached values.
Now what??
What happens to my Fe when all I can see is people not holding true to the shared values I was taught and adhere to?
What happens when Independence becomes so prevalent that "community" becomes a catch phrase to describe strangers living in the same area as opposed to group of people co-existing for the greater good of everybody?
My country is turning into the USA. My people are becoming "independent"
My society is being over run by special interest. My values are archaic or too progressive, no one is even sure anymore.
But don't tell me the contradictions don't exist.
We need laws and police to impose these shared values . Everything else is "cliquey"
You said it. "you are either with us or against us."
This is what has changed around here.
When I become one of the gang. I can't help becoming parody of it, because it's so hypocritical of the actual values that are supposed to exists between humanity based on humanity.

AM I objective or subjective?

I have become one of the gang and no one likes it. :laugh:
That's the wonder of parody.. It's get's noticed , it offends , but who is it really offending?

you sound like a dictator

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hrmm... what was Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates) in Misery? IxFJ possibly?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel the values society says it holds dear and preaches are not the values it practices.
Lying is the perfect example.
Everybody hates lying until they tell one. Then it's justified.
Some people will even say they never lie. I guess it's not a lie if it's denial??
Sounds like Fi.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ace Attorney fanboys, take note...

Fi villain:
170px-Dahlia_Hawthorne_OA.jpg

("People are things to be used in the fulfillment of my personal desires and vendettas")

Fe villain:
300px-Morgan_Fey_OA.jpg

("People are things to be used in my quest for vicarious social ascension born of my petty pride issues")

As you can see, Fi villains have butterflies surrounding them, while Fe villains have hair that's big enough to hide small children in. Pay attention, this will be on the test! :nono:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Sounds like Fi.

Mine or theirs??? .. I personally feel lying is justified lots of the time. My argument is not that people lie, only that they cannot make the connection between their justification and the justification of someone else.
I lie because it keeps the peace and harmony of people around me.
I say you hair looks great when really it looks like shit. I say I am feeling great because to say otherwise would be a downer for those around me.
I admit it.. I also lie to protect all sorts of feelings , including my own.
Everybody does this, but still judges others .

Fe is lying to protect others and yourself.
Now what?
This what we practice personally, But reject socially in others. The idea is to ignore the big white elephant in the room .
Even though it's supposed to be the other way around

In other words.. "do as I say not as I do."

I am not sure why this confuses people.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good thing I don't have my finger on the button then eh?

Although I am curious as to how you ascertain this from what you quoted.

just the overall vibe of it, and this little bit
We need laws and police to impose these shared values . Everything else is "cliquey"
You said it. "you are either with us or against us."

I can't ascertain if you're kidding or not, nor do I pretend to completely understand what you said. I need to look it over again

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
OH I think you misunderstand me.. I am protesting those things.

I am saying we talk about societal values as being "shared" and yet they are so NOT shared. We need police and 10000 laws to force people to adhere to these so called "shared" values.

I am never talking about these "shared" values. I reject these shared values as fraudulent. I follow them because they work enough to keep me and those a care about relatively safe and alive.
But please don't tell me they are "shared". They are taught and enforced.

Real shared values exist on a much more personal level and much smaller scale. That's why so many groups exists who oppose each other.

Every religion essentially preaches the same message. Respect each other and treat people well.
Forgive your enemy.
Treat people the way you would like to be treated. If you hate something, don't you do it too.
Judge not lest ye be judged. Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone.

These are the shared values I try my darnedest to adhere to and wish for others to adhere too as well.
They exist beyond the selfish Me first mentality of the post WWII Western world.

I admit the hypocrisy enrages me. I put great effort into looking out for others. I get shit in return.
42 years of it now and people are surprised I am angry?
I am ready to doorslam the world.. now does it make sense?? :laugh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Ra's al-Ghul from Batman Begins.
Seymour from Final Fantasy X
Lotso Huggin Bear from Toy Story 3

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass. although he does not have a villainous personality at all

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
More:
Villefort from The Count of Monte Cristo (ENFJ)
Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (INFJ)
Mustapha Mond from Brave New World (ENFJ)
Voldemort from the Harry Potter series (INFJ) (can't wait for the reaction here)

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Ursula from The Little Mermaid (Disney version)? ESFJ?

Poor unfortunate souls
In pain
In need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed!

(...)

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes, I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate souls!

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would it be particularly hard for an FJ? Fe isn't all about "making people happy" it can be about aligning the feeling environment to yourself, as in you're unhappy so you'll drag everyone else down with you, so the group is "harmoniously" unhappy. When an FJ has a temper tantrum they want everyone else to feel it too.

Oops...I am actually guilty of this. :shock:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ursula from The Little Mermaid (Disney version)? ESFJ?

Poor unfortunate souls
In pain
In need
This one longing to be thinner
That one wants to get the girl
And do I help them?
Yes, indeed!

(...)

Now it's happened once or twice
Someone couldn't pay the price
And I'm afraid I had to rake 'em 'cross the coals
Yes, I've had the odd complaint
But on the whole I've been a saint
To those poor unfortunate souls!
This sounds like an unhealthy 2 fix, but it isn't necessarily Fe... there's no indication here that her values are dependent on anyone else.