User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hmm....people I've lived with and their pets, let's see if there are any correlations:

Me - INTP - prefer cats, dogs are OK, can get along fine without a pet.
    Dad - ISTP - likes dogs & cats equally. Loves animals, has also kept birds, fish and rodents as pets.
    Mom - xSFJ - Strongly prefers dogs, will tolerate cats but doesn't like them to be in the house, ever.
    Sister - ISTJ - Definite dog preference but not as strong as mom's. Pet-crazy. Her pets are her kids. Strong into animal rights causes.

Ex #1 - ISTP - prefers cats but also likes dogs. Animal lover. Works in veterinary medicine and loves it. Last I heard she had 5 cats, a dog, and a fishtank.
    Ex #2 - ISFJ - Dog preference but likes cats. Almost, but not quite, parent-child type relationship with her dog. Must own a dog at all times.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Felines make me happy.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ and proudly owned by three beautiful cats!

I love dogs and other animals too, but I have always been a cat person first and foremost.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

INFP and while i love animals in general. I grew up on an orchard and vineyard, had dogs, cats, chickens, geese, a goat and a horse who i ADORED. But keeping horses in a city isn't always practical =)

In a non rural setting i like having a large tropical fish tank (i can pretend i'm god and it's super relaxing watching them) and i prefer cats.

I like dogs, but they always make me feel guilty, like i can never give them enough love and attention no matter how much i dole out to them, they exhaust me.

My cats (i have two), i know they love me; as much as an animal can do, but they aren't demanding. They come and go as they please during the day maintaining independence and space, but always snuggle up with me at night and stay in bed with me if I'm sick.

Totally a cat person.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Likes BluRoses, e.lee.sa liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Cats, dogs, rabbits, any animal for that matter, I love just about every type of animal imaginable. Granted if I had things my way I'd love to have a pet tiger, or elephant, or bonobo chimp, or monitor lizard, or giraffe, you name it.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Cats, dogs, rabbits, any animal for that matter, I love just about every type of animal imaginable. Granted if I had things my way I'd love to have a pet tiger, or elephant, or bonobo chimp, or monitor lizard, or giraffe, you name it.

Naked Mole Rat?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Biaxident
    Naked Mole Rat?
    Wll I suppose a naked mole rat could make a nice pet, I mean it's not as cuddly and cute like a dog or as exotic and dangerous as a tiger, but I guess it could possess some rather interesting characteristics.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I prefer dogs, but don't mind cats sometimes. It depends on the cat, really.

Of people I know:
    INFJ - strong dog preference
    ISFP x2 - strong cat preference
    INFP - dogs
    ESFJ - dogs
    IxTJ - dogs
    INTx - dogs
    ISTJ - strong cat preference
    ESTP - cats
    ESFP - dogs
    ISTP - dogs

But it may have something to do with the fact that my Mum's side of the family is practically all pro-dog, and my Dad's side is the opposite.

MBTI
    Ixxx

I always thought I would love dogs more than cats. I played with other ppl's dogs more (than cats). But then I got a small dog breed & didn't like it.
    Actually my ESFJ friend loved him more.
    I guess I still love large dog breeds like doberman and German, but I don't want to own one. I don't want to own cats either, but I guess they are more independent & I don't like child-like, needy or clingy animals like dogs.

I also had rodents (guinea pigs, rabbits, rats) & birds (parrot, finches, ducks) & loved them.

Although I love most animals, I realized that I mostly like to keep cage animals &/or independent animals & animals that can be kept in a group.

Solitary but dependent animals like dogs are not my type of animals.
    When I get home after a busy day, I'd rather sit, relax & do one of my fave hobbies.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I love all animals. No, seriously, all of them. Even the creepy ones. I would love to have a tarantula or some giant African millipedes someday. I also love snakes, but I don't really like the idea of feeding them live rodents (as I also love rodents).

I am a definite dog person, though. I just have this weird connection with them. Even the most skittish dogs come right up to me and let me pet them.

I love cats, but I don't think I'll ever own one again. It's always a gamble when you get a cat. Dogs are usually trainable, but with cats, you never know if you're going to get a good one or a totally awful one. I have this theory that cats aren't actually domesticated. They're just mostly wild animals that we allow to live in our homes for some reason. But that's just me.

Plus if a cat pees or sprays in your house, you are screwed.