• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CARL JUNG, NEO-GNOSTICISM, & THE MBTI

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
I have some books about Jung and Gnosticism. Its an interesting subject. I like Jung and I like Gnosticism.

The reason I posted this link is because it made me smile. It was funny because I could hear this person preaching from the pulpit about how Jung has been misleading God's true believers, but he does it in such a circumspect way without coming out and saying it. Maybe he was afraid of offending people if he spoke to righteously. Then, he ends with this:

"In conclusion, to endorse the MBTI is to endorse Jung’s book Psychological Types, since the MBTI proponents consistently say that the MBTI "was developed specifically to carry Carl Jung’s theory of types (1921, 1971) into practical application."(105) Let us seek the Lord in unity as he reveals his heart for us in this matter."

(Edited because message got cut off for some reason)

Yes, let us seek the Lord. LOL

heart

heart on fire
I don't think it is because he fears offending but rather that he wants to use good propaganda.

All good propaganda will use subtle persuasion so that the reader will come to their own conclusions, this way it hooks into the ego and the reader will cling harder to this opinion than if the writer suggested it outright.

heart

heart on fire
Jung being rather gnostic about death:

[YOUTUBE="LOxlZm2AU4o"]Jung on Death[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="FfNKdI6iPJE"]Jung on Predicting Future with Alchemy[/YOUTUBE]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is kind of off topic but by chance is [MENTION=122]marm[/MENTION]atoni formerly known as Marmie Dearest the same person as the OP?

Anyway Gnosticism has something to do with secret knowledge and I suppose MBTI is related since it delves deep into the psyche, unlocking and unleashing the full potential of our mind power.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After reading what some of the other members have written, I'm not going to bother reading the article. I've read enough Southern Christian articles in my life time.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
This is kind of off topic but by chance is [MENTION=122]marm[/MENTION]atoni formerly known as Marmie Dearest the same person as the OP?

Nope. I have no idea who is marmatoni or Marmie Dearest. I often go by Marmalade. I used to be on Global Chatter back in the day.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"the validity of the MBTI is at zero because the test is based on a Jungian understanding of the soul which cannot be measured for good or bad."

wtf