User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I think using the term "metal" is wayyyy too broad for what this thread is trying to accomplish.

<> Metal in the days of Metallica and Iron Maiden could definitely appeal to a wider variety of people than modern death metal/all the other crazy sub-genres.
    <> What we call "hair metal" today, was basically at the same level of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry electro-pop today.

I'm an F. I love metallica (all of their songs and phases). I do not like "modern" metal with all of its crazy sub-genres. I think Metallica is definitely a very "thoughtful", "passionate" and "inquisitive" style and band. If this means F or T? Who knows.

I actually think metal probably correlates to something like being Limbic over Calm. Metal is often about being against the establishment, people being against you, not fitting in, and it all sounds somewhat neurotic when you compare it to some of the happy-go-lucky pop.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Dunno why, but if I think of any type listening to metal, it's ISTP.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I listen to some metal'ish music sometimes, in my early teens I listened to some metal and genres related to that but around 93-94 I started getting interested in electronic music/techno, which has been a constant musically until this very day. I do listen to other stuff though. I dont like the screamo/growling stuff, I need more contained music, I simply dont understand the need for changing your voice, even if I can see the technical skill in it.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Personally, I'm no big metal fan. I don't know what counts as metal these days (it seems very vague) but about the closest thing I like to it is AC-DC or maybe a bit of Linkin-Park style stuff. Does that count?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm into Punk

MBTI
    INTP

I mostly can't stand metal, but there do seem to be a lot of NTs who are into it. Lots of NTs are into metal and electronica. They seem to like it from a technical standpoint.

I don't like being yelled at, and I like my music to have a little more soul. There's a lot of metal that just seems too cold and too technical for my taste. I appreciate that it takes talent to perform certain aspects of it, but I don't enjoy listening to it. I do like hard rock and early "metal," but death metal and the screaming stuff leaves me cold. And a lot of it just seems silly.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

No, Linkin Park doesn't count, Rage Against the Machine as well. It's a matter of the metal subgenre that different personality type would like. And everyone finds something they adore in music, so it could be any type, but yes, I've seen much NT's into such stuff.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I mostly can't stand metal, but there do seem to be a lot of NTs who are into it. Lots of NTs are into metal and electronica. They seem to like it from a technical standpoint.

I don't like being yelled at, and I like my music to have a little more soul. There's a lot of metal that just seems too cold and too technical for my taste. I appreciate that it takes talent to perform certain aspects of it, but I don't enjoy listening to it. I do like hard rock and early "metal," but death metal and the screaming stuff leaves me cold. And a lot of it just seems silly.
    if you mean melody in metal v/s "death metal and the screaming stuff", I totally agree.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

My housemate is an ENXP and loves grindcore. At 3am. It makes me want to kill soft furry things. BUT, that is besides the point, he loves it from a technical point of view, in fact I think we became friends because I managed to drunkenly spew forth some retarded pearl of wisdom in that "good hardcore/music is all about the maths". Hm my story stopped having a point, sorry! =\

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read