• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Understanding Je, Ji, Pe, Pi

TacEight

MBTI Type
INTP
I've seen these "functions" (Je, Ji, Pe, Pi) referenced several time in various ways now, but only on TypeC. Is the purpose strictly to define the order in which the primary functions vs. shadow functions exist, or does it have additional meaning?

On that topic, how important is understanding the system of ordering past the assistance in defining exactly what MBTI type someone is? When I order my functions, I find that mine are developed in this order: Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Se then the rest are almost so underdeveloped it's irrelevant to mention.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you mean the specific denotations you have there (J/P + e/i), J and P are just collectives for "judgment" and "perception" functions. So instead of having to write "Ne or Se, and Te or Fe", we can just say "Pe and Je".

They do seem to be unofficial, and I think I too have pretty much only seen them here.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
It is at least partially convenience, but I'd say that the terms have a utility beyond that. To be honest, I'd say sod Keirsey's temperaments - I'd say that Pe, Pi, Je and Ji represent the four more natural groups. Each of these four groups define two functions with similar properties.