User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Is your avatar supposed to symbolize your cascading mastery over your intuitive powers, or is it just a geeky D&D fetish, or are you a KKK Arch-Magician?
    Yes.
    INTP - Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fi > Se > Fe > Si

I am not a Strange Loop, for I will always grow and mature.

Society is a Strange Loop, preventing us from growing and maturing.

MBTI
    INFP

Stacie on real housewives of dc is the best example of Ne I've ever seen. She withholds her own opinions while saying what is observably true. She is the quintessential mediator. I love watching her speak.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Stacie on real housewives of dc is the best example of Ne I've ever seen. She withholds her own opinions while saying what is observably true. She is the quintessential mediator. I love watching her speak.
    Don't own or watch a TV, do you have a youtube link of an example/instance you can share?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think for someone who prefers Ne + Ti, it's about the process or the journey. For someone who prefers Ni + Te, it's about the result or outcome.
    I agree.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Oh so the magical understanding thing is mutual huh? I never saw it as a description in Ne, I always thought I was expressing Ni. Nice read.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

What do you have to say on the idea of Ne wanting to experiment and test it's ideas and Ni "perspective shifting" (and how that is different to Ne)?
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    What do you have to say on the idea of Ne wanting to experiment and test it's ideas and Ni "perspective shifting" (and how that is different to Ne)?
    Well as I mentioned, my original quest was to correlate all of the functions together--not just Ne and Ni. So really, the question from my perspective would be:

"...Ne with Ti or Te wanting to experiment and test it's ideas and Ni with Ti or Te "perspective shifting"..."

Of course this can be applied to Fi and Fe as well, and probably maintains some level of influence form the Tertiary/Auxiliary Se or Si.

The intuitive functions are very ineffable, being a the most theoretical of the functions. I really don't think they can be separated from the others, but in doing the research I still found some tendencies one or the other had, so wrote the article to compare them. Still, someone with Ne Ti (E/INTPs) may think/act very similar to someone with Ne Fi (E/INFPs) due to the more "broadly natural intuitiveness" of the Fi coupled with the Ti.

Further, your question can be broken down a little differently, looking objectively: "What do you have to say on the idea of Ne wanting to [process information] versus Ni's [seeing information]? These two processes really are separate; the first, processing information, being focused on the objectivity and subjectivity (T vs. F) of the person and the second on the sensory (N vs S). So again without coupling the two with the various other functions, I would be hard pressed to answer you.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by TacEight View Post
    Well as I mentioned, my original quest was to correlate all of the functions together--not just Ne and Ni. So really, the question from my perspective would be:

"...Ne with Ti or Te wanting to experiment and test it's ideas and Ni with Ti or Te "perspective shifting"..."

Of course this can be applied to Fi and Fe as well, and probably maintains some level of influence form the Tertiary/Auxiliary Se or Si.

The intuitive functions are very ineffable, being a the most theoretical of the functions. I really don't think they can be separated from the others, but in doing the research I still found some tendencies one or the other had, so wrote the article to compare them. Still, someone with Ne Ti (E/INTPs) may think/act very similar to someone with Ne Fi (E/INFPs) due to the more "broadly natural intuitiveness" of the Fi coupled with the Ti.

Further, your question can be broken down a little differently, looking objectively: "What do you have to say on the idea of Ne wanting to [process information] versus Ni's [seeing information]? These two processes really are separate; the first, processing information, being focused on the objectivity and subjectivity (T vs. F) of the person and the second on the sensory (N vs S). So again without coupling the two with the various other functions, I would be hard pressed to answer you.
    I see. So those aspects of Ne and Ni are not the function in it's purest form but rather combinations of it interacting with other functions? This is why it was so difficult to write a test on them.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I see. So those aspects of Ne and Ni are not the function in it's purest form but rather combinations of it interacting with other functions? This is why it was so difficult to write a test on them.
    Yes. If that's what you are trying to do, I was also--which spurred the research. I can give you the data/information I found, if you're interested. Still it seems everyone wants to know the clear cut difference between the two, but never take into account that an Ni Te will use Ni completely differently than a Ni Ti/Fe/Fi might. Or not that they'd use it differently, it would just appear different. Again, hard to define the logic here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I really don't understand why people divide their definitions and why they explain functions in this format.

You divided your definitions into 5, why? You only need one. The function itself is not a thing with many tools. It's not a random "jack of all trades", it's a whole "one" thing. There is division of 8 functions because it is a necessary division but there's no necessary 5 divisions in one function.

Also, many of the sub-definitions here are indirect causes of the functions, and not necessarily linked to the function itself. Things like "enjoying brainstorming" and "prediction" are relative.

I just think it could be more organized and definitively labeled.