• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could test drive a different type for one day...

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i've probably commented here before, but lately i've been curious to be an INTP.

edit - just noticed post above me - lol! let's switch :)

Yes, we should find a way to switch, but do not take the decision lightly. It takes some of us our whole life to be able to handle being INTP. Expect to find yourself wandering through libraries that day, or hiding under blankets to hide from the confusing new world....

So yeah, those thinking of casually test driving types: beware ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trust me, being an ENFP is equally as weird in it's own special way. You can't even begin to imagine the FEELINGS that will over take you, as well as finding yourself gleefully expressing your opinions only to find that the people on the receiving end of your speech may find you rude, embarrassing, and possibly even retarded.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
But don't I at some point in my life in various situations, test drive every type anyway?

If I use all 8 functions to some degree, then I am all 16 types to some degree. Mathematically the odds that I have been every type at least at one point in my life, are 100% certain.

I would think anyway.

Sunny Ghost

Wow, if that's true, than every other type must be having heart attacks from their stress! :eek:

I'd like to try being some sort of xxFP...because one of those four types or whatever seems to have the most exciting adventures and they might not even know it!
xSxP all the way!!

42 posts! YEAH! Answer to life, the universe, and everything!
My favorite number! <3 hitchhiker's guide.

I was gonna say ESTJ at first because it would pretty much be the opposite of me to be so tough-minded and practical, but then I decided I'd rather be ISFP for a day to see how much different it is from being me.
awe. ISFP love. :wubbie:

Trust me, being an ENFP is equally as weird in it's own special way. You can't even begin to imagine the FEELINGS that will over take you, as well as finding yourself gleefully expressing your opinions only to find that the people on the receiving end of your speech may find you rude, embarrassing, and possibly even retarded.
oh man, being an ISFP or INFP, i imagine would only intensify this. however, being more I, you're more likely to filter yourself... or imagine all the horrible scenarios of how someone may react were you to say aloud how you feel... therefore would be too embarassed to share.

I personally would like to test drive an INFJ, INTJ, INTP or ENFP. I'm fascinated by Ni-dom's, and would love to experience a world from that point of view. However, INTP's Ti/Ne would be rather interesting also. So much smarts, laziness and low emotionality would be interesting. ;) Also, ENFP's are pretty interesting creatures. On first appearances, will often seem similar to myself, but are far removed at the same time.

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
estp, to see if they're as awesome on the inside looking out as they are on the outside looking in.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
intp. depth + analytical skills are sexy. so is freedom from rampant emotions.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to test drive an Fi. Both a P and a J to see the differences. Think I will start with a P first though.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, we should find a way to switch, but do not take the decision lightly. It takes some of us our whole life to be able to handle being INTP. Expect to find yourself wandering through libraries that day, or hiding under blankets to hide from the confusing new world....

... all day surfing the internet....

xisnotx

Permabanned
ENTJ
What does it feel like to genuinely feel like you know what you're doing.

Nicodemus

ESFP, but without the consequences. I cannot have 20 people calling me the next day.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
ISTP. Because it would be nice to actually know what's going on.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ. Though I don't know if I'd be able to take it back to the lot after a day. :wubbie: I'd run the risk of falling in love with myself though, which could either be because I had a recollection of being an INTJ-loving ENFP, or because I am now an INTJ. I may never know. :biggrin:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Thzis a difficult question for me. I have since I am dealing with type theory closely searched for understanding of every type and nowadays I have a somewhat clear imagination of the differences and strength and weaknesses. I can at least imagine the basic idea.

I'ld probably want to test drive an infp just for the pure egoistical reasons to see how it is for my girlfriend. She must have a keen mind when it comes to combining behavioural patterns of humans and with those instruments to profile the person standing in front of her. I imagine it's like if I am asked to solve a technical problem and then combine different systems and structures with each other to create a new system or to fix a system.

Other than the infp, I would basically be intrested in ip types to test - drive. J types dont really intrest me, since they most often appear to be stuck in some sort of field of expertise and appear to be less flexible. This sounds rather boring. istp's would be very intresting for me aswell, especially one who is actually very practical and has some technical forte. I'ld like to see how he does solve problems practically seemingly easily, while still denieing to do any math at first, yet producing a perfect result :)