User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I see my posted type code is a shorthand, a way of saying that, for the most part, I have the preferences, tendencies, and outlook of this type. Absent type codes, I might include some of these details as caveats in various messages, to help the reader better understand the perspective I am trying to describe. Eventually people will get a sense of my personality just from how I write, but new or irregular members won't have that yet.

On the flip side, I am not very good at relating others' type codes to who they are and how they express themselves, especially online. I use them mainly to cross-check when the discussion becomes type focused. In other words, if someone is posting about how Ti-doms operate, I might check to see if they are one.

I haven't read all responses so my apologies if this is redundant.

I wish people would list their types because so often they reply to a thread that asks about how different types experience something, and they say, for instance, "I always do X...." but I have no idea what type they are so their response isn't helpful.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I think it contributes to outgrouping and posturing, prejudice and judgmentalism.
    Yes. When the types weren't visible, I found myself giving "negative" types to people I didn't agree with. I also realized that I couldn't stereotype them or attribute a negative quality about them to a "negative" type I knew I didn't usually get along with.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I think it contributes to outgrouping and posturing, prejudice and judgmentalism.
    Is that so terrible?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Why do we have it? Because this is a personality theory site? Does anyone really need more reasons beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by psyche View Post
    I wish people would list their types because so often they reply to a thread that asks about how different types experience something, and they say, for instance, "I always do X...." but I have no idea what type they are so their response isn't helpful.
    That really annoys me too! It actually annoys me anytime. It's a personality site, yes I do want to know your personality site, I wouldn't be on here if I didn't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like seeing people's types. I think it can break down stereotypes when you see posters of a certain type expressing outside of what's expected for their type. Concerning posters who do not list a type, I do find that it's not very hard to make a decent guess at it over time and then you have their type in your head anyway when you read their posts.

The only time I don't like the types being listed is when it makes people disregard someone's opinion (which I see happen to Fs & Ss), or assume their viewpoint or the tone of their post based on their type.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    The only time I don't like the types being listed is when it makes people disregard someone's opinion (which I see happen to Fs & Ss), or assume their viewpoint or the tone of their post based on their type.
    Ooh there you go again, you silly Fs.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I like it because it adds context to posts that do not make sense if you do not know the type, though I realise it can occasionally lead to stereotyping or disregarding of an opinion based solely on type.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Yes. When the types weren't visible, I found myself giving "negative" types to people I didn't agree with. I also realized that I couldn't stereotype them or attribute a negative quality about them to a "negative" type I knew I didn't usually get along with.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I like seeing people's types. I think it can break down stereotypes when you see posters of a certain type expressing outside of what's expected for their type.
    So, it can go either way, depending on the person. That means that revealing the type is not the problem, but people react to it according to their personalities. Which is fine, that would happen anyways no matter what the information was.