User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd say type is just another step, or different step towards a humans need for self-actualization. It isn't necessary, but very comforting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

eh. i'm sure we are biased because of it. but then, if it weren't type letters, it'd be username, or avatar, or how we divide our paragraphs, or something else. it's probably all of those things.

plus, once someone knows your type, they can make the same assumptions. and your type is pretty darn likely to come to light in a typology forum, anyway.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

It does effect the way I see the message. Without the info I'd be misinterpreting NT jokes all the time.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It's simple, When I was testing as an INFP and had that posted , people treated me differently to how they do now that I know I am an ENFJ ..
    If I put ISFP there tomorrow, people would change yet again.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've always digged people like Jaguar or Slant who didn't have anything under their name - so people treated them how they post. The coolest thing about it is that, especially at this most members that have posted in this thread who are immersed in the community, you can treat people how you see is fit. So, it's more genuine...It seems too systematic when people are reacting to your type and not your person.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    It's simple, When I was testing as an INFP and had that posted , people treated me differently to how they do now that I know I am an ENFJ ..
    If I put ISFP there tomorrow, people would change yet again.
    I actually see you more xNTJish... I don't know why. Maybe it's the globe avatar?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I actually see you more xNTJish... I don't know why. Maybe it's the globe avatar?
    The avatar is symbolic with emerging from a dark place. I go into T as a shadow function .. Sometimes my subjective emotional reasoning gets on my nerves and I defy it. But if you look closely , I don't think I am really fooling anybody.

I have always been intellectual and well spoken. This is actually quite contrived and a cover for an extremely sensitive, reactive and easily confused person.

I am not a T .. I assure you

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I am not a T .. I assure you
    Ha! Ok, let's say you're not, but I still get the vibe. Which kinda relates to the topic: With most of the people here (the people I don't remember) I definitely take advantage of the type description, but with the rest (all the power users, and then some) it's more about the vibe. Like in your case.

(Maybe there are some power users I put in the "type description" category because they just seem so stereotypical representatives of their type)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    It helps one understand people of different types better. By participating and showing ones type they contribute to this experiment. By not disclosing type or misrepresenting type it does not assist in the process of understanding MBTI types.

I don't come here to listen to amatures opinions as to MBTI (why when I could easily look up an expert). What I do appreciate is seeing the different MBTI types disclosing their type and acting naturally.
    yeah me too...i've learned more by watching how different types communicate than i have reading about them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's a guideline, as much as is knowing someone else's religious/cultural background or any other tidbit of information.

It's supposed to enhance communication -- enabling connection, avoiding pitfalls.

If someone purposefully misrepresents their type to cause issues, that's bad faith.
    If someone uses someone else's type as a way to dominate or control them, that's bad faith.

And...
    ...in the end, you're still dealing with a person, not a type.
    All communication should be ultimately focused on the person, not the type.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft