• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free Thinkers: Heart v. Head

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Never happen. I don't plan on becoming a tinman anytime soon.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Never happen. I don't plan on becoming a tinman anytime soon.

To bring things back to your OP , and to in part deal with your searching.

Which of these answers your OP, and why.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
Henry David Thoreau

If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.
Robert Fritz

And which is the free thinker to you?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Possibly him. But I am far happier, so me?

Don't corner me with logic. It will not work. I am very stubborn and will not acquiese.

lol, is this a menace?

both NTs and NFs suck at thinking, STs are the best thinkers because their premises are always based in reality.

MerkW

Hm. Some of those responses to the questions are quite indicative of ISFP, but since I don't really know enough about you, I will not object to your recent self-typing. However, be weary, some people receive very sporadic results on such tests (I, however, maintain very consistent results).

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
To bring things back to your OP , and to in part deal with your searching.

Which of these answers your OP, and why.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
Henry David Thoreau

If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.
Robert Fritz

And which is the free thinker to you?

Although Thoreau and Emerson were both awesome. And, I loved Walden Pond, especially the bit about the red ants fighting the black ants Fritz's quote better fits what IMO is a free thinker.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hm. Some of those responses to the questions are quite indicative of ISFP, but since I don't really know enough about you, I will not object to your recent self-typing. However, be weary, some people receive very sporadic results on such tests (I, however, maintain very consistent results).

I disagree becuase the one thing I am certain of is I have a preference for Intuition and Judging. However, whether my preference is for Ni or Ne, I do not know.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I disagree becuase the one thing I am certain of is I have a preference for Intuition and Judging. However, whether my preference is for Ni or Ne, I do not know.

xNxJ = Ni

xNxP = Ne

All NJ's have Ni as dominant or auxiliary, all NP's have Ne as dominant or auxiliary. So if you've decided those two letters are correct (which I'm not sure of), you have to use Ni because of the way it's set up.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
xNxJ = Ni

xNxP = Ne

All NJ's have Ni as dominant or auxiliary, all NP's have Ne as dominant or auxiliary. So if you've decided those two letters are correct (which I'm not sure of), you have to use Ni because of the way it's set up.

Given that fact that I have never lived in the present day and I am always thinking of the future, consequences, concepts and intangible things it's fair to conclude that I have a preference for Intuition.

Also I have strong judging tendencies which I comfortable with. I do not know if they are natural tendencies but I couldn't imagine living any other way.

Finally after meeting some of the NT on this forum I am certain I'm not an NT as my first reaction to another's notion is to explore and nurture it, not eviscerate as quickly as possible. I guess you could say that I'm a booster.

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
In response to original post:

Will you please let me freethink? The classifications don't help! ;)

MerkW

Given that fact that I have never lived in the present day and I am always thinking of the future, consequences, concepts and intangible things it's fair to conclude that I have a preference for Intuition.

Also I have strong judging tendencies which I comfortable with. I do not know if they are natural tendencies but I couldn't imagine living any other way.

If you are so sure that you favor Ni, then how did you mistake yourself for an ESFP?

Also, what are these "strong judging tendencies" of which you speak?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

:rofl1: A few days ago you were sure that INxJ was a shadow function, you were depressed when you had tested out as such, and when you're completely un-depressed you're ESxP!!! Your posting behaviors thus far really don't seem INFJ at all to me.

And something you posted in one of your other threads: 'See, when I joined this forum i was wondering whether or not i was an INTJ or INFJ. But after interacting with real intuitives it quickly became clear that i was neither and introvert nor an intuitive' Ni and Fe were also both in your bottom three cognitive functions, which rules out xNFJ. Also, enneagram type 8 is in almost complete opposition to INFJ.

But xNFJ seems to be your most recent self-typing....I dunno. I'm not gonna buy it at this point since in another few days you'll probably have changed your mind again. :smile:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
If you are so sure that you favor Ni, then how did you mistake yourself for an ESFP?

Also, what are these "strong judging tendencies" of which you speak?

Daily routine, long lists of tasks that I actually complete, a need for closure, very punctual, efficient, etc.

Although, to be fair I do procrastinate on occassion ...

MerkW

Daily routine, long lists of tasks that I actually complete, a need for closure, very punctual, efficient, etc.

Although, to be fair I do procrastinate on occassion ...

Hm. But you didn't answer my first question.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hm. But you didn't answer my first question.

Oh, to answer your question, because I was confused. See, the main problem I have discerning my type is I can relate to all the types in some aspect or another.

MerkW

Oh, to answer your question, because I was confused. See, the main problem I have discerning my type is I can relate to all the types in some aspect or another.

Yes, but it is rather odd to confuse near-polar opposites. An ESFP has Se as the dominant function, with Ni as the inferior function. INFJ has this completely reversed. If you relate to two opposite types at the same time it either means one of two things: (1) You are EXTREMELY stressed, and thus are resorting to your inferior function out of internal pressure. (2) You are neither of the types, and instead, are somewhere precisely in between the two

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
That is someone's definition of a free thinker. An although accurate is not absolute. In a roudabout way you just proved my point.
Making points is antithetical to your point. You realize this do you not? Quite a paradox you've got going.
Instead of sidestepping logic for a second and conjuring up a creative answer what did you do? You quoted some lame dictinary definiton of free thinker that you probably pulled from an asine Google search.
And instead of considering that words have set definitions for a reason, you stuck to your emotional guns believing that 'it's possible' for an idealist to think more freely than a rational.

Idealists are just as bound as rationals. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we think it's not a possibility -- sometimes we think the other person hasn't thought it through.

Consider this two types.

Step 1

ENTP - thinks of an idea, but quickly decides it's not going to work, so decides against furthering it.

At the same time;

ENFP - thinks of an idea but quickly decides that it's going to hurt someone's feelings and decides against furthering it. They both come up with a possibility, they just have different reasons for 'eliminating them' as possible.

Step 2

ENTP - thinks of a new way to get the original idea to work (it's still a possibility)

ENFP - doesn't bother to come up with a way to make the original idea work, because the end is morally wrong.

Now who's freest?

MerkW

Making points is antithetical to your point. You realize this do you not? Quite a paradox you've got going.

And instead of considering that words have set definitions for a reason, you stuck to your emotional guns believing that 'it's possible' for an idealist to think more freely than a rational.

Idealists are just as bound as rationals. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we think it's not a possibility -- sometimes we think the other person hasn't thought it through.

Consider this two types.

Step 1

ENTP - thinks of an idea, but quickly decides it's not going to work, so decides against furthering it.

At the same time;

ENFP - thinks of an idea but quickly decides that it's going to hurt someone's feelings and decides against furthering it. They both come up with a possibility, they just have different reasons for 'eliminating them' as possible.

Step 2

ENTP - thinks of a new way to get the original idea to work (it's still a possibility)

ENFP - doesn't bother to come up with a way to make the original idea work, because the end is morally wrong.

Now who's freest?

+ √3 (i.e. 1.732050807568877...)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Consider this two types.

Step 1

At the same time;

Step 2

Now who's freest?

Hmm ... me because I don't care?

Please keep in mind that I am not nor have I ever claimed to be playing with a full deck. Now, where's that devil emoticon. Ahh :devil: