• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Free Thinkers: Heart v. Head

MerkW

@ JustDave: I am relatively sure that I know what your type is. Shall I reveal my hypothesis publicly now, or in a PM?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Sounds INTJ. Could still be any other xxTJ, or even an INFJ for that matter.

He could be an ISTJ although he probably is not an INFJ. Unless it is normal for an INFJs to call their friends bleeding heart SOBs on a regular basis???

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
@ JustDave: I am relatively sure that I know what your type is. Shall I reveal my hypothesis publicly now, or in a PM?

Reveal it publicly, please. If you do so, and it's reasonable, I promise to acknowledge it is in fact my true type.

MerkW

Reveal it publicly, please. If you do so, and it's reasonable, I promise to acknowledge it is in fact my true type.

I think either ISFP or ENFP. It is sort of a purely intuitive thing, so I don't have any clear reasons to support this. It is more of a hunch. But basically, it would only seem reasonable to me for an ISFP or ENFP to relate to both an ESFP and INFJ at the same time. You are definitely an xxFP, though. That is quite clear.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has the cat received the proper funeral ceremony?

09-678-3638-1927-6zquk68-121.p/-636

The figs are hidden in the cabinet.

I suggest you avoid all chipmunks from now until April 32, 2015.

Bombast twas brillig in the morgrund fleebles.

I hate rice cakes... splat the peanut butter.

Horzundheit.

Chipmunks are crunchy underfoot.

MerkW

I think either ISFP or ENFP. It is sort of a purely intuitive thing, so I don't have any clear reasons to support this. It is more of a hunch. But basically, it would only seem reasonable to me for an ISFP or ENFP to relate to both an ESFP and INFJ at the same time. You are definitely an xxFP, though. That is quite clear.

Oh! And, to further distinguish, I have two questions for JustDave:

(1) Which is more important to you, lack of constraint or self-realization? (i.e. would you rather have your freedom restrained, yet have an enormous amount of self-insight, or vice-versa?)

(2) You mentioned an officially certified ENTP in your life. How is the interpersonal chemistry? Do you get along with him really well, really horribly, somewhere in between?

heart

heart on fire
I say self realization is most important, being true to one's own inner vision.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

FP.

A T would never agree to this.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP

Definitelty ENFP. Rational or irrational, here are my reason why I agree:

- I love people and get my energy from external sources, not from within.

- Flighty, moody, slightly vindictive. Check!

- The ability to make connections betweem seemingly desparate entities.

- Overall (I swear I am much better in-person) can put people at ease.

- Assertative as a battleship, even if illogical at times.

Good job!

MerkW

So I presumed. I can usually narrow a person's type down to 2 types, often taking a guess at the one I believe to be slightly more probable. Externally, ENFPs are quite much like ESFPs, yet internally like INFJs.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Oh! And, to further distinguish, I have two questions for JustDave:

(1) Which is more important to you, lack of constraint or self-realization? (i.e. would you rather have your freedom restrained, yet have an enormous amount of self-insight, or vice-versa?)

(2) You mentioned an officially certified ENTP in your life. How is the interpersonal chemistry? Do you get along with him really well, really horribly, somewhere in between?

1 - self realization as I feel if I know myself I could probably do anything.

2 - We get along very well. He is very rude and hostile to almost everyone. Yet from the beginning I felt bad for him and let his insults roll of my back. In time he began more candid and cordial leading to us becaming friends.

Lack of constraint would be an awesome thing to posses, alas it would ultimately leave me feeling hollow inside.

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Possibly him. But I am far happier, so me?

Don't corner me with logic. It will not work. I am very stubborn and will not acquiese.

Okay. But still, doesn't the fact that you're only considering possibilities that involve finding the solution imply a more constrained way of thinking than someone who's distracted from it by considering so many other unrelated ideas in addition to it? And doesn't it seem to you like this is possibly what prevents them from finding the solution as quickly, the fact that they're considering the picture of the entire reality at once as the basis for their actions, while you're considering the localized situation?

I would say that you're more adroit in dealing with problems, but that that doesn't necessarily make you a freer thinker.

MerkW

2 - We get along very well. He is very rude and hostile to almost everyone. Yet from the beginning I felt bad for him and let his insults roll of my back. In time he began more candid and cordial leading to us becaming friends.

Do you like him in the sense that you can somehow relate to him, or that you have a bizarre inexplicable attraction to him? Also, do you feel that your family values, attitudes, etc. are similar or somewhat different?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Do you like him in the sense that you can somehow relate to him, or that you have a bizarre inexplicable attraction to him? Also, do you feel that your family values, attitudes, etc. are similar or somewhat different?

Definitely bizzare inexplicable attraction. Beside the fact that we are non-believers (actually I am somewhat of a Buddhist) we have very little in common.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

Lack of constraint would be an awesome thing to posses, alas it would ultimately leave me feeling hollow inside.

* I'm not certain an ENTP is rude and hostile to everyone. That's a little strange.

** You're definitely not NT - you were taking Merkw's statements very personally. *chuckles*. NTs are marked by a detachment. They could be needling you, but there's always an emotional distance and clarity they'd maintain.

*** NTs would prefer lack of constraints, my guess is. Self-realisation but being confined is likely death to most NTs. They'd come from the angle that you will never understand yourself unless you are free to live as you want to. Good question there, Merkw.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
* I'm not certain an ENTP is rude and hostile to everyone. That's a little strange.

** You're definitely not NT - you were taking Merkw's statements very personally. *chuckles*. NTs are marked by a detachment. They could be needling you, but there's always an emotional distance and clarity they'd maintain.

*** NTs would prefer lack of constraints, my guess is. Self-realisation but being confined is likely death to most NTs. They'd come from the angle that you will never understand yourself unless you are free to live as you want to. Good question there, Merkw.

He is a very complex person and almost three times my age. He might have resented me when I first started as I started at almost the same level as him.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
He is a very complex person and almost three times my age. He might have resented me when I first started as I started at almost the same level as him.

LOL. Dave - taking it personally again?! ;)

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I just took the hummanmetrics test.

Your Type is
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Strength of the preferences %
1 38 88 33

No quite ENFP, but close.

Nevertheless, this business of finding my type is gotten far beyond ridiculous. :D

For now I am going to accept ENFJ and be done with it.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Possibly. But having a heart is seen be many as an endearing quality.

Hearts in the right place, at the right time, yes.

Too much heart could become an easy way out, plus would open you to sadists who'd only see a big, squishy, walking pin-cushion.

Balance in all things. *ohmmm*

Edit: ENFJ? *ponders*