User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 148

  1. #71
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Given that fact that I have never lived in the present day and I am always thinking of the future, consequences, concepts and intangible things it's fair to conclude that I have a preference for Intuition.

    Also I have strong judging tendencies which I comfortable with. I do not know if they are natural tendencies but I couldn't imagine living any other way.
    If you are so sure that you favor Ni, then how did you mistake yourself for an ESFP?

    Also, what are these "strong judging tendencies" of which you speak?
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  2. #72
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I disagree becuase the one thing I am certain of is I have a preference for Intuition and Judging. However, whether my preference is for Ni or Ne, I do not know.
    A few days ago you were sure that INxJ was a shadow function, you were depressed when you had tested out as such, and when you're completely un-depressed you're ESxP!!! Your posting behaviors thus far really don't seem INFJ at all to me.

    And something you posted in one of your other threads: 'See, when I joined this forum i was wondering whether or not i was an INTJ or INFJ. But after interacting with real intuitives it quickly became clear that i was neither and introvert nor an intuitive' Ni and Fe were also both in your bottom three cognitive functions, which rules out xNFJ. Also, enneagram type 8 is in almost complete opposition to INFJ.

    But xNFJ seems to be your most recent self-typing....I dunno. I'm not gonna buy it at this point since in another few days you'll probably have changed your mind again.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  3. #73
    Senior Member alcea rosea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    I believe it is the Idealists not the Rationals, which are the freest thinkers.
    Might be if the NF will take time to use their Thinking.
    I'm at least very lazy on any T.

  4. #74
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    If you are so sure that you favor Ni, then how did you mistake yourself for an ESFP?

    Also, what are these "strong judging tendencies" of which you speak?
    Daily routine, long lists of tasks that I actually complete, a need for closure, very punctual, efficient, etc.

    Although, to be fair I do procrastinate on occassion ...

  5. #75
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Daily routine, long lists of tasks that I actually complete, a need for closure, very punctual, efficient, etc.

    Although, to be fair I do procrastinate on occassion ...
    Hm. But you didn't answer my first question.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  6. #76
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Hm. But you didn't answer my first question.
    Oh, to answer your question, because I was confused. See, the main problem I have discerning my type is I can relate to all the types in some aspect or another.

  7. #77
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Oh, to answer your question, because I was confused. See, the main problem I have discerning my type is I can relate to all the types in some aspect or another.
    Yes, but it is rather odd to confuse near-polar opposites. An ESFP has Se as the dominant function, with Ni as the inferior function. INFJ has this completely reversed. If you relate to two opposite types at the same time it either means one of two things: (1) You are EXTREMELY stressed, and thus are resorting to your inferior function out of internal pressure. (2) You are neither of the types, and instead, are somewhere precisely in between the two
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  8. #78
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    That is someone's definition of a free thinker. An although accurate is not absolute. In a roudabout way you just proved my point.
    Making points is antithetical to your point. You realize this do you not? Quite a paradox you've got going.
    Instead of sidestepping logic for a second and conjuring up a creative answer what did you do? You quoted some lame dictinary definiton of free thinker that you probably pulled from an asine Google search.
    And instead of considering that words have set definitions for a reason, you stuck to your emotional guns believing that 'it's possible' for an idealist to think more freely than a rational.

    Idealists are just as bound as rationals. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we think it's not a possibility -- sometimes we think the other person hasn't thought it through.

    Consider this two types.

    Step 1

    ENTP - thinks of an idea, but quickly decides it's not going to work, so decides against furthering it.

    At the same time;

    ENFP - thinks of an idea but quickly decides that it's going to hurt someone's feelings and decides against furthering it. They both come up with a possibility, they just have different reasons for 'eliminating them' as possible.

    Step 2

    ENTP - thinks of a new way to get the original idea to work (it's still a possibility)

    ENFP - doesn't bother to come up with a way to make the original idea work, because the end is morally wrong.

    Now who's freest?
    we fukin won boys

  9. #79
    Senior Member MerkW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Making points is antithetical to your point. You realize this do you not? Quite a paradox you've got going.

    And instead of considering that words have set definitions for a reason, you stuck to your emotional guns believing that 'it's possible' for an idealist to think more freely than a rational.

    Idealists are just as bound as rationals. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we think it's not a possibility -- sometimes we think the other person hasn't thought it through.

    Consider this two types.

    Step 1

    ENTP - thinks of an idea, but quickly decides it's not going to work, so decides against furthering it.

    At the same time;

    ENFP - thinks of an idea but quickly decides that it's going to hurt someone's feelings and decides against furthering it. They both come up with a possibility, they just have different reasons for 'eliminating them' as possible.

    Step 2

    ENTP - thinks of a new way to get the original idea to work (it's still a possibility)

    ENFP - doesn't bother to come up with a way to make the original idea work, because the end is morally wrong.

    Now who's freest?
    + √3 (i.e. 1.732050807568877...)
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

    "Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

    INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

  10. #80
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Making points is antithetical to your point. You realize this do you not? Quite a paradox you've got going.

    And instead of considering that words have set definitions for a reason, you stuck to your emotional guns believing that 'it's possible' for an idealist to think more freely than a rational.

    Idealists are just as bound as rationals. Just because we criticize doesn't mean we think it's not a possibility -- sometimes we think the other person hasn't thought it through.

    Consider this two types.

    Step 1

    ENTP - thinks of an idea, but quickly decides it's not going to work, so decides against furthering it.

    At the same time;

    ENFP - thinks of an idea but quickly decides that it's going to hurt someone's feelings and decides against furthering it. They both come up with a possibility, they just have different reasons for 'eliminating them' as possible.

    Step 2

    ENTP - thinks of a new way to get the original idea to work (it's still a possibility)

    ENFP - doesn't bother to come up with a way to make the original idea work, because the end is morally wrong.

    Now who's freest?
    Hmm ... me because I don't care?

    Please keep in mind that I am not nor have I ever claimed to be playing with a full deck. Now, where's that devil emoticon. Ahh

Similar Threads

  1. Ennagram what do you see your heart, gut and head fixes as personification.
    By Cat Brainz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2017, 06:07 PM
  2. Vivisect Vasilisa: My head, heart, and gut
    By Vasilisa in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 08:29 PM
  3. What's the difference between an INTP with a heart and an INFP with a head?
    By zelo1954 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 09-22-2012, 03:25 AM
  4. Cold-Hearted Feelers and Unintelligent Thinkers
    By heart in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO