User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I can accept that my theory isn't true. I don't read Jung, I only learn about this stuff on here.
    OK then, lesson learned, right? If you want to really learn stuff, read some real material.

MBTI
    INFP

Ah.. but now you are making generalisations and condescending to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ah.. but now you are making generalisations and condescending to me.
    I'm sorry I was so blunt about it. However, I do think it is important that people better inform themselves on this subject.

MBTI
    TiSe

Nothing circular about my reasoning. You falsely interpreted your own quote of Jung, and I cleared it up for you.
    The statement came from the Chapter verbatim. However how would you know that since you admit that you have never read his theory? You cleared up nothing, but that you finally admit that you shell out your opinions as though they're facts.

MBTI
    INFP

Dude, you've got some chip on your shoulder and I'm just gonna let you blow your hot air.

Many of these threads you actually have to know something about to comment on, which is my problem really, but I would say no human being (even a perfectly balanced F/T one) could ever be a completely free-thinker. Humans just aren't, and never can be. Thinking restricts free thinking in many ways, but so then does feeling. As a feeler though I can say that I do not think it restricts you hugely as you make your own morals and such based on thinking. But I don't know. I see it from only one perspective. =/
    Introverted: 100%
    INtuition: 95%
    Feeling: 58%
    Perceiving: 89%

5w4 sp/sx

INFP.gc

MBTI
    TiSe

Dude, you've got some chip on your shoulder and I'm just gonna let you blow your hot air.
    No you simply started an argument with no facts, then instead of manning up in saying "your bad", you exaserbate it by claiming that I was falsifying information. Know what the hell you are talking about especially before you start making accusations DUDE!

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by EsoteriEccentri View Post
    Many of these threads you actually have to know something about to comment on, which is my problem really, but I would say no human being (even a perfectly balanced F/T one) could ever be a completely free-thinker. Humans just aren't, and never can be. Thinking restricts free thinking in many ways, but so then does feeling. As a feeler though I can say that I do not think it restricts you hugely as you make your own morals and such based on thinking. But I don't know. I see it from only one perspective. =/
    If I understand you correctly then you believe that thoughts are always effected by innate biases to some extent. That seems like a fair conclusion to me.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    If I understand you correctly then you believe that thoughts are always effected by innate biases to some extent. That seems like a fair conclusion to me.
    Hehe. I think it's amusing how ruffled some thinking types got about your original idea. But i should mention, I think both types are equally 'free' thinkers.
    Why did you start this thread in the first place?

Hey, for Feeling you can think of St. Augustine/Goethe.
    for thinking you can think of Voltaire/Locke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I feel as though I am a free thinker, I and I think you're right about rationals not being able to "understand" the illogic...rationals are more in the head, idealists are more in the heart..well, at least I am, I am heart over head, forever and always..because there is nothing higher then your heart
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?