User Tag List

12311 Last

Banned

Talking Dumb Typology Stereotypes

In memory of my 250th post I decided that it is time we discussed moronic typology stereotypes (for science).

Truth or fiction. You decide!

Thinkers don't have emotions
    Rationals are smart
    Feelers are dumb
    Sensors are dumb
    Sensors only live for the now
    Intuitives only exist in their heads
    X cognitive function is objective!
    X cognitive function is subjective!
    FPs are unreliable
    TJs are unpleasant
    Fi is stronger than Fe
    Introverts are geeks
    Extroverts can't shut up
    Ps can't control themselves
    Js should loosen up

Any more for the bonfire?

Discuss.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

SJs are all hide bound traditionalist.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    X cognitive function is objective!
    X cognitive function is subjective!
    these are true, but it doesent mean that people who use subjective J function would be incapable of objective thinking, since people use other functions than just their two main functions and a single thought might come up from using multiple functions
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ENTPs are all clowns
    ENTPs have a small p-ness

wait i should put that in 2 separate posts
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    these are true, but it doesent mean that people who use subjective J function would be incapable of objective thinking, since people use other functions than just their two main functions and a single thought might come up from using multiple functions
    You fell hook line and sinker into exactly why I made this post. Congratulations on failing to comprehend the nature of objectivity and subjectivity when an individuals perception is always limited. I award you one pat on the head for failing to see the whole picture and using absolute definitions.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

You fell hook line and sinker into exactly why I made this post. Congratulations on failing to comprehend the nature of objectivity and subjectivity when an individuals perception is always limited. I award you one pat on the head for failing to see the whole picture and using absolute definitions.
    i dont know what hook line and sinker mean.

are you saying that you dont understand that thinking can be objective, even tho the objective thinking is working in the frames of what is perceived? if so, i think where you are failing with this kind of thinking is that you combine the perception and the thinking process into one thing, when they actually are two different things that form a single thought together. when you combine these two functions and view them as one, then of course it wont be objective since it is formed from objective thinking that is working in subjective frame. im looking at the perception and the thinking process separately because they are separated in mbti as well(J and P function) and we are talking about mbti here.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont know what hook line and sinker mean.

are you saying that you dont understand that thinking can be objective, even tho the objective thinking is working in the frames of what is perceived? if so, i think where you are failing with this kind of thinking is that you combine the perception and the thinking process into one thing, when they actually are two different things that form a single thought together. when you combine these two functions and view them as one, then of course it wont be objective since it is formed from objective thinking that is working in subjective frame. im looking at the perception and the thinking process separately because they are separated in mbti as well(J and P function) and we are talking about mbti here.
    Nothing is objective because cognitive function is merely an element of personal Id and is subservient to personal choice and flavour. Also to be properly objective anything would require immaculate perspective, impossible surely.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

If I only had that objectivity bait, I'd be a master fisherman.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Nothing is objective because cognitive function is merely an element of personal Id and is subservient to personal choice and flavour. Also to be properly objective anything would require immaculate perspective, impossible surely.
    okay, so you also fail to see that some things can be thought on purely objective grounds. two is two times one, so when you add another one to that two, it becomes three since there is not three of these number ones. how is that subjective thinking?

objective thinking works like that and it can be applied to about everything else than just maths(if you know how to do it), it doesent matter if the numbers change to subjective perceptions since the line of thought remains objective, therefore there can be purely objective thinking.

owned?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Wow, a pissing match between two NTs over rational coherency broke out in a thread about MBTI stereotypes.

Does that support the cliche, or was it merely just an exercise in irony?

(Btw, sounds to me like Jim is describing the truth that to be 100% objective would demand the ability to see everything from all sides at once... i.e., omniscience, which none of us have. And that INTP is describing more "practical objectivity" -- a collection of data such as math that many people can examine individually and still always come up with the same result... unless of course they suck at math, like my poor daughter, who would love to burn all of her geometry papers, but that is besides the point...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft