• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dumb Typology Stereotypes

R

ReflecTcelfeR

But... but... We're such people-pleasers (when we want to be). How can a type that works THAT hard to please others be bad in bed? HOW?

I can't make any assessments without proof, I'm sorry. :(

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That all ENFJs give a flip about what happens to you.

Even though I did just spend time with a sad stranger trying to bring a little light back to his eyes after he learned his marriage was over.

Enfj stereotype epic fail.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
if i had a quarter for every time a Fe dom in my life dumped whatever they had planned to do with me to help someone else through their personal issues :dont:

though it kind of makes my heart melt lol

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interestingly, the bolded is a proper example of a Feeling judgment. I personally don't know that it's the best way, but I know that it's the way which I prefer.
It's also the way I prefer, but for me the feeling part of it comes later... At least, I only know of understand it later on. If you didn't get the feeling side to agree, later on it will bite back.
That honestly sounds more like an I/E issue. Maybe also an issue of one culture over-valuing popularity and materialism. It's common. Feelers can also take the brunt of it. Many Feelers (like ENFPs) are gifted at math, so I don't think that it's a deciding factor for T or F.
I didn't mean it as a deciding factor. Of course not! But how many good-at-math Feelers are there in popular culture? That's my point. Those smart(*) sidekicks are always cliché NTPs - the cooped up nerd I or the mad inventor E.

(*) And of course, being "smart" is represented by "good at math", which is indeed not the same.

Noon

It's also the way I prefer, but for me the feeling part of it comes later... At least, I only know of understand it later on. If you didn't get the feeling side to agree, later on it will bite back.

Absolutely.

My Feeling side drives me nuts sometimes. If the impact on others is more negative than on myself, or if I simply feel like (a) is the right thing to do even if (b) makes more sense, I do things I might not want to do + don't do things I really want to. My conscience would never let me rest if I ignored it, but many times I wish I could do just that. I have a love/hate relationship with it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Something that occurs to me is that being working class or poor, less educated, or outright less intelligent is automatically associated with S, while being middle class/upper middle class, higher education, and more intelligent is associated with N.

O

Oberon

Thinkers
Unable to understand ethics/morality.

Oh, we understand it all right. We just don't necessarily subscribe to it... especially if it's based on somebody else's value system. :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Something that occurs to me is that being working class or poor, less educated, or outright less intelligent is automatically associated with S, while being middle class/upper middle class, higher education, and more intelligent is associated with N.

and it's ironically in part because Ss are usually smart enough to realize that getting 6 postgrad degrees isn't going to do much for you.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^^^
no, I don't think that's it...there are S doctors, S lawyers, S people in grad school...I think it's just a lame stereotype

and the word in any case would be "practical enough" not "smart enough"...a person can have 6 useless post-grad degrees and be pretty damn smart...and probably would also be INTP

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
and it's ironically in part because Ss are usually smart enough to realize that getting 6 postgrad degrees isn't going to do much for you.

The vast majority of people that I've met in grad school have been SJs, even in the philosophy department. And it makes sense, since grad school (or business/law/medical school) is nothing other than an exercize in time management and discipline. Those with the best work ethics do the best at this level.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
@ last two posts - it was a joke... oh well. poorly conveyed i guess.

mostly i was just thinking about the people i know and have worked with who are "professional students." most of them seem like stereotypical NPs - at least, the ones who tend to bounce around disciplines and just keep getting more degrees because they want to. that's not to say that they do very well at it, or even know why they're doing it besides "it looks interesting and i don't want a real job".

so... higher education stereotypes:

INFP - eventually majors in literature, takes 5 years to graduate. protests on weekends.
ENFP - has a total of 6 different majors declared, ends up in the humanities and still angsts about it
ISFP - majors in art or music. known for their sense of style. occasionally protests with INFP
ESFP - eventually majors in advertising; better known for partying and having awesome sex
ISTP - majors in engineering, occasionally disappears for days doing some extreme sport
ESTP - majors in marketing. joins frat and takes 5 years to graduate because parties on the weekend (thurs - sun)
INTP - takes a long time to decide major, ends up in physics. blows stuff up on the weekends
ENTP - takes a long time to decide major, ends up in physics. blows stuff up nightly
INTJ - majors in physics from the get-go. plots world domination on the weekends
ENTJ - majors in law from the get-go. plots world domination daily
ISTJ - majors in accounting. sweet, but hates ESFP sorority chick roommate who comes back every night at 4 am
ESTJ - majors in business. is in 10 student organizations and shines his shoes
ISFJ - majors in social work, works in the school library and paints
ESFJ - majors in education, also joins sorority. talkative and well-known on campus
INFJ - majors in philosophy, but later decides to become a counselor. writes
ENFJ - majors in psychology, joins and leads several social student organizations

hope i didn't miss anyone :thinking: feel welcome to fine-tune, they are all tongue-in-cheek...

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
How come there are so few people majoring in physics then? Where are all those ENTPs, INTPs and INTJs? That's 3/8 or the types!
This ENTP did choose physics right away and never blew something up (yet) :D No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
ISTJ - majors in accounting. sweet, but hates ESFP sorority chick roommate who comes back every night at 4 am.

Bahaha. The accounting part is wrong, but I have hated every 'typical college female' roommate I have ever had. I had a sorority girl roommate once. I wanted to choke her on a daily basis.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ :laugh:!

No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.

huh really? my INTP brother and ENTP cousin blow stuff up all the time, and my INTP dad set his chem lab on fire once. maybe it's just our family...

rav3n

No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.
Not an S but mentos and coke are fun. So are Bunsen burners and assorted chemicals.

skylights, not just your family and not only men. :tongue:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm majoring in Chemistry... I think, a physical science none-the-less.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP - majors in marketing. joins frat and takes 5 years to graduate because parties on the weekend (thurs - sun)

:rolli: everyone knows that the weekend starts on WEDNESDAY!

not to mention that I have 3 degrees in Liberal Arts and enjoy blowing things up as a female :unsure:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

you dirty, dirty man!!!
person-smiley-1253.gif