User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    (Btw, sounds to me like Jim is describing the truth that to be 100% objective would demand the ability to see everything from all sides at once... i.e., omniscience, which none of us have. And that INTP is describing more "practical objectivity" -- a collection of data such as math that many people can examine individually and still always come up with the same result... unless of course they suck at math, like my poor daughter, who would love to burn all of her geometry papers, but that is besides the point...)
    Yes. Jim has a theory that can encompass INTPs theory, but INTPs theory can't encompass Jims. Which is interesting from the point of view of relativity and understanding.

Banned

Jennifer's got it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Wow, a pissing match between two NTs over rational coherency broke out in a thread about MBTI stereotypes.

Does that support the cliche, or was it merely just an exercise in irony?

(Btw, sounds to me like Jim is describing the truth that to be 100% objective would demand the ability to see everything from all sides at once... i.e., omniscience, which none of us have. And that INTP is describing more "practical objectivity" -- a collection of data such as math that many people can examine individually and still always come up with the same result... unless of course they suck at math, like my poor daughter, who would love to burn all of her geometry papers, but that is besides the point...)
    we are talking about objective thinking, not objective truth. since he stated that there cant be objective thinking, im debunking that false belief. i do understand that he is looking at objective truths, but thats totally different thing than objective thinking and im trying to explain it to him. he is failing if he cant tell these two things apart and even if he can tell these two things apart, he is still failing since he is saying that my point of view is false when he just doesent understand my point of view to this. either way, he fails and i win
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Thinking objectively would require a flawless mind. (I believe you can think objectively at times, but not all the time, and you don't know when you think objectively, so, practically it's impossible. Though, it is a nice ideal to go for.)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    we are talking about objective thinking, not objective truth. since he stated that there cant be objective thinking, im debunking that false belief. i do understand that he is looking at objective truths, but thats totally different thing than objective thinking and im trying to explain it to him. he is failing if he cant tell these two things apart and even if he can tell these two things apart, he is still failing since he is saying that my point of view is false when he just doesent understand my point of view to this. either way, he fails and i win
    Are you sure you're not an ENTP?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Are you sure you're not an ENTP?
    im pretty sure that im an intp, i do have almost as strong Ne than my Ti is, but i can see the difference pretty clearly when it comes to Si vs Fe and how i use Te. I got entp friend with low E(Ti nearly as strong as his Ne) and i can see the difference between us pretty clearly. why?
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    im pretty sure that im an intp, i do have almost as strong Ne than my Ti is, but i can see the difference pretty clearly when it comes to Si vs Fe and how i use Te. I got entp friend with low E(Ti nearly as strong as his Ne) and i can see the difference between us pretty clearly. why?
    Missed the joke there (about the ENTP stereotype).
    Don't worry about it.

.. sorry for the derail, Jim. I actually would like to contribute more stereotypes, but you nailed the obvious ones in the OP and none are coming to mind yet.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't know if you guys have ever seen this meme going around, but people are taking images of animals (Like a dog up a telephone pole) and writing things like "Silly dog, get down from there. You're a dog not a telephone technician. You don't even have tools."

For some reason, yesterday when we were bickering about stereotypes in that thread, I thought it would be great to make MBTI versions of those. Some INFP wrote something really intelligent/logical and I immediately thought of this:

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I must question the bizarre notion that INTJs have no sense of humour. Our humour precedes all other forms humour and is funny beyond the greatest expectation.