First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    and it's ironically in part because Ss are usually smart enough to realize that getting 6 postgrad degrees isn't going to do much for you.

The vast majority of people that I've met in grad school have been SJs, even in the philosophy department. And it makes sense, since grad school (or business/law/medical school) is nothing other than an exercize in time management and discipline. Those with the best work ethics do the best at this level.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@ last two posts - it was a joke... oh well. poorly conveyed i guess.

mostly i was just thinking about the people i know and have worked with who are "professional students." most of them seem like stereotypical NPs - at least, the ones who tend to bounce around disciplines and just keep getting more degrees because they want to. that's not to say that they do very well at it, or even know why they're doing it besides "it looks interesting and i don't want a real job".

so... higher education stereotypes:

INFP - eventually majors in literature, takes 5 years to graduate. protests on weekends.
    ENFP - has a total of 6 different majors declared, ends up in the humanities and still angsts about it
    ISFP - majors in art or music. known for their sense of style. occasionally protests with INFP
    ESFP - eventually majors in advertising; better known for partying and having awesome sex
    ISTP - majors in engineering, occasionally disappears for days doing some extreme sport
    ESTP - majors in marketing. joins frat and takes 5 years to graduate because parties on the weekend (thurs - sun)
    INTP - takes a long time to decide major, ends up in physics. blows stuff up on the weekends
    ENTP - takes a long time to decide major, ends up in physics. blows stuff up nightly
    INTJ - majors in physics from the get-go. plots world domination on the weekends
    ENTJ - majors in law from the get-go. plots world domination daily
    ISTJ - majors in accounting. sweet, but hates ESFP sorority chick roommate who comes back every night at 4 am
    ESTJ - majors in business. is in 10 student organizations and shines his shoes
    ISFJ - majors in social work, works in the school library and paints
    ESFJ - majors in education, also joins sorority. talkative and well-known on campus
    INFJ - majors in philosophy, but later decides to become a counselor. writes
    ENFJ - majors in psychology, joins and leads several social student organizations

hope i didn't miss anyone feel welcome to fine-tune, they are all tongue-in-cheek...

MBTI
    ENTP

How come there are so few people majoring in physics then? Where are all those ENTPs, INTPs and INTJs? That's 3/8 or the types!
    This ENTP did choose physics right away and never blew something up (yet) No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

ISTJ - majors in accounting. sweet, but hates ESFP sorority chick roommate who comes back every night at 4 am.
    Bahaha. The accounting part is wrong, but I have hated every 'typical college female' roommate I have ever had. I had a sorority girl roommate once. I wanted to choke her on a daily basis.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ !

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.
    huh really? my INTP brother and ENTP cousin blow stuff up all the time, and my INTP dad set his chem lab on fire once. maybe it's just our family...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    No plans for blowing up anything, by the way. Too S.
    Not an S but mentos and coke are fun. So are Bunsen burners and assorted chemicals.

skylights, not just your family and not only men.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm majoring in Chemistry... I think, a physical science none-the-less.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ESTP - majors in marketing. joins frat and takes 5 years to graduate because parties on the weekend (thurs - sun)
    :rolli: everyone knows that the weekend starts on WEDNESDAY!

not to mention that I have 3 degrees in Liberal Arts and enjoy blowing things up as a female
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I enjoy blowing things
    Oh?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Oh?
    you dirty, dirty man!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett