• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh Look! Another person needing YOUR help on typing :)

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Hi everyone. I am, once again, for the 300th time, doubting my type. I've gone from thinking I was INTP to INFP to INFJ and now I am thinking I am a Sensor! The thing is, I've gotten ISTP on lots of tests. I don't think I am a Sensing type though....of course, I am not that educated in the world of Myers-Briggs testing, so I am looking for help... please?

1) I like for things to be aesthetically pleasing - organized, symmetrical. I rewrite things if my hand-writing is not up to par with my standards. I clean my room quite often (daily if I have time). I find it difficult to get things done if I am in a disorganized environment.

2) I have a strong desire to help others, however, it is hard for me to sympathize with people. It's hard for me to have strong emotional reactions in general. Emotions I do feel and can identify very well are anger/panic/worry/sadness. (Don't I sound like a pleasant person to be around?)

3) I'm pretty introverted but I so desperately want to connect with people! The more I talk to people (one-on-one or in small groups) the happier I feel! Contradictory, no?

4) I worry A LOT. I daydream A LOT! I like to re-live experiences in my head. I think about the future often. I find it hard to focus on the present moment.

5) I am constantly asking myself how I feel. I don't think I ever really know! I'm great at analyzing my behavior and reactions but not so great at feeling them... if you get what I mean

6) I'm constantly in my head and having an internal dialogue. Although sometimes i do like to just sit and listen to something and not think about ANYTHING, but it is quite hard for me to do so.

7) I have trouble coming up with things to say to describe myself. I'm cautiously optimistic. I like to give everyone a chance (multiple chances), and while I am no saint, I strive for acceptance and respect towards all. I like trying to understand people.

8) It is sometimes hard for me to understand abstract ideas, which is odd since I tend to speak/think abstractly - although it is rather unconscious I think because I have a hard time explaining myself and what i think. My mind often feels like it is in a state of disarray and murkiness. Very, very hard time expressing myself

9) I'm a closed shell.... it's hard for me to get to know others/have them get to know me.

Uh, I don't know what else to say. I could go on probably but who knows if that would even help. Thanks to those who read&respond :)

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
:shrug:

can anyone explain
the differences between N and S?
and how they are identifiable

streetlightfancy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
:shrug:

can anyone explain
the differences between N and S?
and how they are identifiable

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In a nutshell, do you gather and interpret information from your imagination or from your environment more?

It's possible to be an N and an S, as I might be.

You sound more like an N, imo... maybe an INxJ? :shrug:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In a nutshell, do you gather and interpret information from your imagination or from your environment more?

It's possible to be an N and an S, as I might be.

You sound more like an N, imo... maybe an INxJ? :shrug:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm thinkin' IxFJ. Mos def not P. I could be wrong on the F, but I do get the sense that you take everyones opinion/feeling into account when in a group (Am I wrong?). And the S and N divide? Well, understanding abstract concepts quickly is more of a NT-ish thing, in my experience, meaning I don't find anyone besides me who gets off with such flighty discussions. NF's start off strong, but then get bored once the T kicks in. I'm going to say... N. Do you find yourself enjoying topics that aren't exactly practical?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ yeah, it's true. NTs eventually own us in the abstract realm because generally, NFs ultimately want ideas to be relevant to people, but NTs like them regardless. though i'll say that an NF beats an NT if you want an engaging discussion about abstract humanistic concepts like "love" and "culture."

anyway, that's neither here nor there. i agree IxFJ -

it occurs to me that if you're taking tests which base their answers off the jungian cognitive functions, the reason you could be getting ISTP is that you might be testing high in introverted Thinking, which is an element in both IxFJ personality types.

as to N and S, i think generally the easiest way to tell is whether you're more of a "big picture" or "small detail" person. Ns will tend to make jumpy connections, while Ss will make more linear connections. i think it can be a little hard to differentiate for NJs and SPs because J makes Ns more practical and P makes Ss less practical. i'd say that if you can be described as "down-to-earth," you're more likely to be an S. if you're more "head in the clouds," you're probably an N. probably.