Hi everyone. I am, once again, for the 300th time, doubting my type. I've gone from thinking I was INTP to INFP to INFJ and now I am thinking I am a Sensor! The thing is, I've gotten ISTP on lots of tests. I don't think I am a Sensing type though....of course, I am not that educated in the world of Myers-Briggs testing, so I am looking for help... please?
1) I like for things to be aesthetically pleasing - organized, symmetrical. I rewrite things if my hand-writing is not up to par with my standards. I clean my room quite often (daily if I have time). I find it difficult to get things done if I am in a disorganized environment.
2) I have a strong desire to help others, however, it is hard for me to sympathize with people. It's hard for me to have strong emotional reactions in general. Emotions I do feel and can identify very well are anger/panic/worry/sadness. (Don't I sound like a pleasant person to be around?)
3) I'm pretty introverted but I so desperately want to connect with people! The more I talk to people (one-on-one or in small groups) the happier I feel! Contradictory, no?
4) I worry A LOT. I daydream A LOT! I like to re-live experiences in my head. I think about the future often. I find it hard to focus on the present moment.
5) I am constantly asking myself how I feel. I don't think I ever really know! I'm great at analyzing my behavior and reactions but not so great at feeling them... if you get what I mean
6) I'm constantly in my head and having an internal dialogue. Although sometimes i do like to just sit and listen to something and not think about ANYTHING, but it is quite hard for me to do so.
7) I have trouble coming up with things to say to describe myself. I'm cautiously optimistic. I like to give everyone a chance (multiple chances), and while I am no saint, I strive for acceptance and respect towards all. I like trying to understand people.
8) It is sometimes hard for me to understand abstract ideas, which is odd since I tend to speak/think abstractly - although it is rather unconscious I think because I have a hard time explaining myself and what i think. My mind often feels like it is in a state of disarray and murkiness. Very, very hard time expressing myself
9) I'm a closed shell.... it's hard for me to get to know others/have them get to know me.
Uh, I don't know what else to say. I could go on probably but who knows if that would even help. Thanks to those who read&respond