User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'd love to hear from those of you who have a career that totally doesn't match up with stereotypes for your MBTI.
    After some soul searching and research I decided I'm an ISFP... And I work at a community college as their Helpdesk Technician... All day long I troubleshoot PC problems, and if it's something I can't do over the phone I send a tech to take care of it...

love it? use the differences to your advantage?
    The only thing I enjoy about it... My office is generally quiet and free of people...now if I could just get everyone to email me instead of call me. It's an okay fit for me though, I'm pretty good at troubleshooting most of the problems people bring to me... Now if someone has a seriously high tech issue I'm clueless and just send a tech.

hate it? wish you were somewhere else? working on getting out?
    I'm working on getting out. I'm back in school for Nutrition and Wellness. I'll likely minor in Fitness. I guess all my weight loss efforts have really inspired me and made me want to help others experience what I experienced. I think this would fit my type pretty well... Knowing how I am in a large fitness class, I think I'd take on clients one on one or in very small groups to help them feel at ease and less embarrassed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I am studying business informatics. People say INFP + business = evil.

MBTI
    INTJ

I'm an ISTJ and I'm in audit. You'd think I love it. I hate it.

TOO much detail, TOO much structure. I really don't care if somebody didn't sign the TP report!

Don't get me wrong- I appreciate structure. If anything it helps me to learn the job. But the structure shouldn't be paralyzing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Skylights : Concerning your "need for structure" comment...I think it's a common misconception ENFPs love lack of structure.

If there is one type that needs some sort of structure it's the ENFP. I used to think freelancing might be something I'd greatly enjoy.

Now, I realize the benefits of some structure. Specially if I'm not the one dictating said structure. When I know what is required of me, provided it's not suffocating, it makes me a lot more productive. As long as I meet my boss' requirements of WHAT to achieve, I can dictate HOW I go about doing it.

Besides, to have complete freedom requires us to come up with the structure ourselves. That's something I'll gladly leave to someone else to think about :P
    haha, i completely agree!! i hate setting up structure for myself because there's no stable system of rewards and drawbacks if i'm the one implementing it. and one of the things i'm best at is streamlining a system, so for me, to be inside a system is actually pleasing in that i can always work on ways to make it better. i'm fine at coming up with a system for someone else, but if i'm the one making my own system... well, i know my own tricks, lol :/

i held a tutor job for a while that allowed me to do my own thing within the bounds of an external structure, and i really enjoyed it. it was enough leniency, because as long as i was getting results, i was fine to implement the strategies however i pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    I'm working on getting out. I'm back in school for Nutrition and Wellness. I'll likely minor in Fitness. I guess all my weight loss efforts have really inspired me and made me want to help others experience what I experienced. I think this would fit my type pretty well... Knowing how I am in a large fitness class, I think I'd take on clients one on one or in very small groups to help them feel at ease and less embarrassed.
    sweet, excellent for you! despite my E i really despise large fitness classes, and i would way more prefer that setting too.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411
    But the structure shouldn't be paralyzing.
    so, so true.