User Tag List

First 36768485868788 Last

Results 851 to 860 of 960

  1. #851
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I can usually explain it if i know the person. But if your stuck in mysticism...it applies to Si as well...its Pi actually

    So is this, how does Ni feel or what is it?
    Why do you say I'm stuck in mysticism?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #852
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You're Ni-dominant, apparently. If you want to explain Ni, then describe yourself.

    Now that I've had some time to ponder your example above, waiting for people to stop debating and then jumping in with a thread-puller is a great example of Ni applied in a Te kind of way. Ni within the mind operates by sudden insight, but it often has to wait for the mental hubbub to calm down first and then brings order out of chaos (Te). It operates the same way outside the mind.
    For a "dominant" function sudden insight is short lived which means they are actually dominant something else using that mindset...or maybe its the process that they use day in and day out that is Ni and the sudden insight is an actual subconcious function.


    I meant stuck on mysticism...for example...Ni loves to get stuck on a perception and thing...if i could just get this out it explains perfectly...ooohhh...Ni moment...i got it....that moment is NOT Ni, its the internal perception day in and day out. Their DOMINANT function.

    Ni is the "stuck" the "belief"...internal perception, the intuition so up until it comes out Ni is rolling around doing its thing. The end is not the function, its the result of the function...its what they sit in most of the time.

    Its why i call them a "solid" head in the clouds as opposed to a bouncy head in cloud like Ne. Yes, Se vs Si is the same, i am the bouncy version of S.
    Im out, its been fun

  3. #853
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    For me, it's taken me a long time to be able to explain to my ENFJ mother that when I put off decision making, it is not procrastination or apathy. It has more to do with needing all the data to come in (even if I couldn't define what all I'm looking for), and it's happened enough times that once I've pondered the questions for a time, all the sudden everything comes into focus and I'm ready to take action. It frustrates me that even I often don't know when that will be, but I am now convinced that it is actually a process that has a purpose, even though from the outside it resembles just not bothering to take action when it's called for. In the times I have rushed on before I've felt things click into place, I've usually regretted it and realized I had reservations for a reason, because I was missing adequate information.

    I love the way you explained this. It totally desribes my own experiences with people rushing me or accusing me of not taking action. I have had some people feel the need to jump in and start talking for me. I hate that.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  4. #854
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    For a "dominant" function sudden insight is short lived which means they are actually dominant something else using that mindset...or maybe its the process that they use day in and day out that is Ni and the sudden insight is an actual subconcious function.


    I meant stuck on mysticism...for example...Ni loves to get stuck on a perception and thing...if i could just get this out it explains perfectly...ooohhh...Ni moment...i got it....that moment is NOT Ni, its the internal perception day in and day out. Their DOMINANT function.

    Ni is the "stuck" the "belief"...internal perception, the intuition so up until it comes out Ni is rolling around doing its thing. The end is not the function, its the result of the function...its what they sit in most of the time.

    Its why i call them a "solid" head in the clouds as opposed to a bouncy head in cloud like Ne. Yes, Se vs Si is the same, i am the bouncy version of S.
    As @Wind Up Rex said above, 'This resonates. I don't usually "think" through problems, particularly complex ones. I just do my best to define the question, throw it down the shoot, and go for a run or something. By the time I'm finished running, I'll have my answer.'

    That's an example of Ni at work. But there is a consciousness of the subconscious nature of the process. There is a consciousness of the fact that something happens and an answer appears. It doesn't require typology to know this on a conscious level, and in fact it's a phenomenon that's been discussed long before typology was even a thing.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

  5. #855
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    As @Wind Up Rex said above, 'This resonates. I don't usually "think" through problems, particularly complex ones. I just do my best to define the question, throw it down the shoot, and go for a run or something. By the time I'm finished running, I'll have my answer.'

    That's an example of Ni at work. But there is a consciousness of the subconscious nature of the process. There is a consciousness of the fact that something happens and an answer appears. It doesn't require typology to know this on a conscious level, and in fact it's a phenomenon that's been discussed long before typology was even a thing.
    I do that all the time. I just call it a break, not Ni i am awesome at this Ni thing and i didnt even know it was Ni. So what are you during "during" the breaks, i mean leading up to Ni moments?
    Im out, its been fun

  6. #856
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I do that all the time. I just call it a break, not Ni i am awesome at this Ni thing and i didnt even know it was Ni. So what are you during "during" the breaks, i mean leading up to Ni moments?
    What are you awesome at exactly? If you're talking about straining to remember something that's just on the tip of your tongue, the trick to think about something else or do something else, and the memory suddenly comes back. There are different kinds of "breaks" such as that.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #857
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    What are you awesome at exactly? If you're talking about strainging to remember something that's just on the tip of your tongue, the trick to think about something else or do something else, and the memory suddenly comes back. There are different kinds of "breaks" such as that.
    I am talking about, after sitting and analyzing i give up and put it off until the answer appears. Not memory...i am talking about analysis of data. Its a avoidance personality mechanism that avoids until an answer is found. I just had this discussion with my GF not to long ago. Some go off of first partial truth or react in other ways.

    I never called this Ni processing. Thinking or Ti is rolling stuff around in my head, like almost reptitively fine tuning. I do that ALL the time. I also use pattern recognition which i struggle with more then dom Ni because it ALWAYS passes through my Ti which means its fine tuned and damn it...the pattern match is wrong here and here and here which will cause this and this and this. Its a search for truth. A search that a Dom Ni doesnt do...because its not about "truth" but transferance of perception through pattern matching. Goal is transferance, not accuracy. If the person can see the perception its successful whether accurate or not to life.

    When i am on the phone with my INTJ boss and my ENFJ co-worker. I am the middle man between Ni pattern matching and her inability to understand his pattern. I have to break down his pattern into another pattern that is a much closer match then what he uses that she would understand. I become the middle man of communication between Ni and dom Fe. He jumps on pattern based off of programming and i have to cross reference it to walmart process that she understands. This drives me nuts because of the inaccuracies and "truth" which aligns with inferior Ti because i can answer her questions of inaccuracies and its affect based on pattern matching....


    Damn, that was alot. I know, not much compared to Ni...just a continuos explanation accuracy stream.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #858
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I am talking about, after sitting and analyzing i give up and put it off until the answer appears. Not memory...i am talking about analysis of data. Its a avoidance personality mechanism that avoids until an answer is found. I just had this discussion with my GF not to long ago. Some go off of first partial truth or react in other ways.

    I never called this Ni processing. Thinking or Ti is rolling stuff around in my head, like almost reptitively fine tuning. I do that ALL the time. I also use pattern recognition which i struggle with more then dom Ni because it ALWAYS passes through my Ti which means its fine tuned and damn it...the pattern match is wrong here and here and here which will cause this and this and this. Its a search for truth. A search that a Dom Ni doesnt do...because its not about "truth" but transferance of perception through pattern matching.

    When i am on the phone with my INTJ boss and my ENFJ co-worker. I am the middle man between Ni pattern matching and her inability to understand his pattern. I have to break down his pattern into another pattern that is a much closer match then what he uses that she would understand. I become the middle man of communication between Ni and dom Fe. He jumps on pattern based off of programming and i have to cross reference it to walmart process that she understands. This drives me nuts because of the inaccuracies and "truth" which aligns with inferior Ti because i can answer her questions of inaccuracies and its affect based on pattern matching....


    Damn, that was alot. I know, not much compared to Ni...just a continuos explanation accuracy stream.
    You kind of drifted away at the end. But I have a question: when it comes to using the word "stuff," I find it very off-putting because it doesn't mean anything typologically. It could be sensory stuff, or ideas, or a mixture.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  9. #859
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You kind of drifted away at the end. But I have a question: when it comes to using the word "stuff," I find it very off-putting because it doesn't mean anything typologically. It could be sensory stuff, or ideas, or a mixture.
    For me its rolling around words. Like repetitive rambling. No real path, it just goes wherever it goes. Its conceptual, nothing sensory. Thats my external function. When i write its given better direction, but i still fine tune as i go for clarity and go back over the same thoughts for clarity.

    My sensory side is a method of pulling data in, lots of data. Would overwhelm to analyze it all to a deep degree.
    Im out, its been fun

  10. #860
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I do that all the time. I just call it a break, not Ni i am awesome at this Ni thing and i didnt even know it was Ni. So what are you during "during" the breaks, i mean leading up to Ni moments?
    You seem to want to Ni. You should. You should very much Ni.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What the hell is an INTJ?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. Naomi Klein: What the hell is her problem, anyway?
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. What the hell is going on in this picture?
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 01:52 AM
  4. What the hell is going on? (Conspiracy)
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 07:10 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO