First 3575838485868795 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Well, it isn't as if there are any examples along the lines of, "I had my consciousness plugged into the mind of an Ni dom, and you'll be amazed at what happens next!"

I mean seriously, we're trying to communicate across cognitive differences. The BEST you can hope for is a "good description" to spot Ni types and a general idea of what they're good at and a vague idea of how they do it.
    You're Ni-dominant, apparently. If you want to explain Ni, then describe yourself.

Now that I've had some time to ponder your example above, waiting for people to stop debating and then jumping in with a thread-puller is a great example of Ni applied in a Te kind of way. Ni within the mind operates by sudden insight, but it often has to wait for the mental hubbub to calm down first and then brings order out of chaos (Te). It operates the same way outside the mind.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    My point is that there are no examples. There are explanations, but no examples.
    For you, there is no examples. Your minds current position will not see them. Had nothing to do with "women looking through (insert item)". Nor is any one example gonna be 100 percent ONLY possible through a Dom Ni user or a user with Ni in MBTI 4 function stack. Until you accept this you will fight every example due to your mindset, not due to the example. Again...i give up, its hopeless with your mindset at this time. May change in the future...who knows...even after this post, but my guess is someone else is gonna have to explain it in words that you can see better.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    For you, there is no examples. Your minds current position will not see them. Had nothing to do with "women looking through (insert item)". Nor is any one example gonna be 100 percent ONLY possible through a Dom Ni user or a user with Ni in MBTI 4 function stack. Until you accept this you will fight every example due to your mindset, not due to the example. Again...i give up, its hopeless with your mindset at this time. May change in the future...who knows...even after this post, but my guess is someone else is gonna have to explain it in words that you can see better.
    I gave two of my own examples just above this post, and also accepted Uumlau's example as something indirectly related to INTJ.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."

MBTI
    STP

I gave two of my own examples just above this post, and also accepted Uumlau's example as something indirectly related to INTJ.
    So you say there are no examples and then...
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    So you say there are no examples and then...
    That was before they were posted. I've also said that you don't have any, and you don't.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Here's another Ni example, a real one this time, about Henri Poincare:
    "He never spent a long time on a problem since he believed that the subconscious would continue working on the problem while he consciously worked on another problem."
    Henri Poincare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This resonates. I don't usually "think" through problems, particularly complex ones. I just do my best to define the question, throw it down the shoot, and go for a run or something. By the time I'm finished running, I'll have my answer.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    This resonates. I don't usually "think" through problems, particularly complex ones. I just do my best to define the question, throw it down the shoot, and go for a run or something. By the time I'm finished running, I'll have my answer.
    Basically the same for me. Sans the running. I hate running.

It can be frustrating at times though if something doesn't come to you. Makes you feel like you don't have that much control.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

yes
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

For me, it's taken me a long time to be able to explain to my ENFJ mother that when I put off decision making, it is not procrastination or apathy. It has more to do with needing all the data to come in (even if I couldn't define what all I'm looking for), and it's happened enough times that once I've pondered the questions for a time, all the sudden everything comes into focus and I'm ready to take action. It frustrates me that even I often don't know when that will be, but I am now convinced that it is actually a process that has a purpose, even though from the outside it resembles just not bothering to take action when it's called for. In the times I have rushed on before I've felt things click into place, I've usually regretted it and realized I had reservations for a reason, because I was missing adequate information.
    Likes Ene liked this post

MBTI
    STP

And so you will say I disagree with your examples. But you haven't given any. You've given your psychological spin on Ni. I don't disagree with your examples because they don't exist. I disagree with trying to explain Ni because it can't be explained without relying on some kind of mysticism, as with Jung. People have flashes of insight, and we don't know why. You can call it a synthesis, but it doesn't explain the cause.
    I can usually explain it if i know the person. But if your stuck in mysticism...it applies to Si as well...its Pi actually

So is this, how does Ni feel or what is it?
    Im out, its been fun