MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Tertiary Temptation in INFJ | Stellar Maze
    And again...
    "So, for an INFJ, which is using introverted intuition as a dominant function and extraverted feeling as an auxiliary function, there is a temptation in the introverted thinking tertiary function for them to bypass their auxiliary function in order to stay locked into introversion.

You should develop the dominant and auxiliary functions of your type before you focus on any of the other functions. The tertiary is tricky and it is best to exclude serious activities or professions related to it as a rule. The tertiary is like the hobbyist function, the amateur, it is what you like to do to stimulate yourself and to grow as a person."

Looks like the same idea as SW's. Are they all on the wrong track?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

Personality Type Paradoxes - An I/ENFP example

These natural changes and growth in adults account for the apparent paradoxes we sometimes observe in people of all types. Development of the NeTe face of INFPs accounts for the "coolness" and "detachment" we sometimes observe in them.

INFP mid-life changes, such as an increasing desire to organize and take charge of one's life or to stop being used as a doormat by others, are consistent with this developing outer NT. Some INFPs have become quite proficient in masking their "true feelings" with their NT face. This same facility in their ENFP cousins has them able to mimic ENTJ stereotypical behavior. They can assume control, take charge of a situation, make the hard decisions, and move on with their job. They can have masterly control over lawyer-speak, slicing careful nuances in meaning and logic. Even though they prefer Feeling over Thinking, they can become and are competent attorneys.The NeTe face on ENFPs and INFPs also explains why these two types are among the top four types having home pages on the Internet (From data on Doug Ingram's Personality Index page. The other two top four types are INTJ and INTP). While NFPs are people-oriented folks, many are drawn to latest technology and technological gadgetry of all sorts - which I ascribe to their extraverted NT face.

Full article here:

Personality Type Development | Myers Briggs

The ENFP isn't in a satanic Ne-Te loop, but the person who suggests they are may need to see a psychiatrist.
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

What is the Ni-Ti loop? Ni-Fi? - Confessions of a Myers Briggs-aholic
    Again...
    "They may become an exaggerated version of themselves, overwhelmingly outgoing or extremely withdrawn. They will also seem to miss a huge part of their normal, healthy personality; whatever behavior or thought processes their auxiliary function would normally govern. However, these differ for each type depending on the function being skipped."

So far anyway, nobody is contradicting SW's theory.

It's necessary to also mention, with regard to the INFJ in particular, that this type is not automatically social or sociable simply because Fe is the auxiliary function. With Ni as the dominant function, Fe becomes a very broadly - applied or generalized - theory of social values.

If the INFJ is not in a loop, then the theory will be applied, not just generalized. The INFJ will be actively engaged in trying to change the world in accordance with a vision. Examples of that (not speaking for any particular INFJ) would be fighting for human rights on a global scale and the transforming of society in accordance with a personal vision of a better world. Tertiary Ti, although less developed, attempts to add a logical backdrop in the form of philosophy or rationally persuasive argument (a treatise, for instance).

If the INFJ loses hope and confidence that the vision will be realized, then withdrawal and a sense of hopelessness will be the result. I'm not agreeing with SW that this would result in a Schizoidal personality or any personality disorder at all. But depression is a given.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    Likes meowington liked this post

"Depression is a given." Get Zoloft for the satanic loop.
    Likes meowington liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post

Looks like the same idea as SW's. Are they all on the wrong track?
    You can explain this using general psychology/ understanding of people, without even needing to bring in cognitive functions. 'Don't spend too much time focusing on what you don't particularly enjoy, that makes you depressed, or that causes you stress. Focus on what brings more positivity to your life, what you do effortlessly and spontaneously, things that don't stress you out, and what you are naturally inclined towards.' Cognitive functions just slap a label on things, with the goal of outlining every possible contingency that occurs within a person -- thus eventually having to bring in all 'demonic' functions to describe when someone is really down and out. Which appears to be of use to some people, so that's fine.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    You can explain this using general psychology/ understanding of people, without even needing to bring in cognitive functions. 'Don't spend too much time focusing on what you don't particularly enjoy, that makes you depressed, or that causes you stress. Focus on what brings more positivity to your life, what you do effortlessly and spontaneously, things that don't stress you out, and what you are naturally inclined towards.' Cognitive functions just slap a label on things, with the goal of outlining every possible contingency that occurs within a person -- thus eventually having to bring in all 'demonic' functions. Which appears to be of use to some people, so that's fine.
    Someone asked a question. I showed that the same answer exists all over the internet. Then I gave my own answer which includes Fe in the mix. The original question didn't ask if it was real or useful or couldn't be answered with general psych.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Someone asked a question. I showed that the same answer exists all over the internet. Then I gave my own answer which includes Fe in the mix. The original question didn't ask if it was real or useful or couldn't be answered with general psych.
    Sure, that's fine. That's your style, and that's cool. Other people will always look at things / reply a bit differently, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

How would it make a forum *about typology* look if someone asked a typology question here and was told that typology isn't necessary to answer it? Even if that's true, it's still a valid typology question because it's a question about JCF. You've just invalidated the reason this forum exists.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It looks even lamer to question the validity of the question when our esteemed administrator has previously posted a video that answers the question.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

How would it make a forum *about typology* look if someone asked a typology question here and was told that typology isn't necessary to answer it? Even if that's true, it's still a valid typology question because it's a question about JCF. You've just invalidated the reason this forum exists.
    I disagree. I think it's still highly relevant to discuss the merits and usefulness of cognitive functions, for example. And there's plenty of discussion around definitions of cognitive functions. I also didn't really nitpick your examples of people 'falling into the grip' and such things, because I simply don't have the energy to do so / feel like I've soapboxed on a lot of that many other times on the forum, in many other threads over the years.