User Tag List

First 2868767778798088 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

How is this thread still alive lol, is apparently the repetition of mostly the same answer not enough for you all lol?
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

Likes Smilephantomhive liked this post

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I personally regard it as a post hoc ergo propter hoc description of something that's already well understood in other terms. Functions aren't things in your head that do things and interact with each other. They're patterns, part of a typology. So if you want to talk about what Ni is, or what an Ni dom is like, you can actually have a coherent conversation on that level. But if you want to talk how Ni interacts with Fi or Ti and how it can be healthy or unhealthy, you're starting to mix psychology (mental health) with function theory and MBTI, and neither of these typologies describes neuroses very well. There is something to be said for mapping Enneagram to mental health, and the Riso-Hudson books describe the various levels of integration in a way that coheres remarkably closely to the DSM.
    So if someone asks about a dom-tert loop such as the Ni-Ti loop, you're response would always be skeptical about the entire idea?
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    I'm an extrovert trapped within an introverted soul.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's why this forum lacks popularity. People come here with questions. They are told the question is invalid. They go elsewhere for the answers.
    "If you try to build something that is idiot-proof, the universe will build a better idiot."
    Likes meowington liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    That's why this forum lacks popularity. People come here with questions. They are told the question is invalid. They go elsewhere for the answers.
    That's their prerogative. imo there are plenty of people on the forum who believe very much in function theory, as well as those who don't. Do you propose that those who don't, just not post an alternative or challenge to the theory at all? My own beef with all of it is that to one of @uumlau 's points, in the end it IS simply theory. Does it have any basis in reality at all? If there's something more reasonable in reality to explain the same thing, wouldn't it be better to look at that too? And also to his point, the internet and social media is filled with a million people posting their own opinions and editorials and theoretical frameworks as facts, with millions of people watching and reading. Isn't some healthy skepticism...healthy?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Bitching. Bitching. Bitching.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    That's their prerogative. imo there are plenty of people on the forum who believe very much in function theory, as well as those who don't. Do you propose that those who don't, just not post an alternative or challenge to the theory at all? My own beef with all of it is that to one of @uumlau 's points, in the end it IS simply theory. Does it have any basis in reality at all? If there's something more reasonable in reality to explain the same thing, wouldn't it be better to look at that too? And also to his point, the internet and social media is filled with a million people posting their own opinions and editorials and theoretical frameworks as facts, with millions of people watching and reading. Isn't some healthy skepticism...healthy?
    And healthy skepticism toward the healthy skepticism.

Here is one person's experience with the Ni-Ti loop:

INFJ: the satanic Ni-Ti loop & escaping its... : too absent-spirited to count

"INFJs in a loop are withdrawn and shut people out. When I’ve looped in the past, I completely cut off a close friend who was nothing but wonderful to me, simply because I was busy & our friendship was a lot of work. Not your stereotypical INFJ saint, eh? And the worst part is that toxic Ti’s logic will fool you. It’s hard to get out of a loop because Ti makes the looping make 1000% logical sense. You’ll say to yourself, “Hey, ignoring this person isn’t awful of me, even though she’s going through a lot & needs my friendship. This is just what makes sense. I have to look out for myself.” Wrong! You’re just acting like an asshole. I promise you, I could have handled my shit and also have been a good friend. Ti was just a lot more convenient for me to use in that situation. That’s what I mean by selfishness.

So: You lost your Fe, and Ti’s making all of your decisions, and you don’t like it. You feel trapped in your mind, and often disconnected from your emotions. Likely you feel numb and detached. So what do you do?"

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The answer/theory at that page is very similar to SW's theory. Do you suppose they copied each other's ideas? Did they develop their ideas independently? If enough people repeat the same idea, instead of just one "kid" making up a theory that became "authoritative over time," does it become true?

Satanic loop. Satanic.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Video: The Ni-Ti Loop Explained
    Posted by our esteemed forum owner.

I don't give a shit if Elvis posted it.