User Tag List

Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: Ni - What the hell is it?

Ni In popular culture:

Hello

the Dark Prophet of Kualu Array
    MBTI
    RAD

Anyhow, since autistic brains are unable to store information in a clear structure, thus causing it to reinterpret all data over and over

Serendipity: wouldn't this be very close to the Ni state
    Serendipity: ?

Serendipity: Where as Ni is an intuitive process that doesn't store data but reinterprets as it goes?
    Serendipity: Thus autistic persons could exhibit extreme Si-tendencies but actually may be part of the Ni-core
    Serendipity: Because the wish for strict rigid structures in the external environment is seemingly Si-typic but as
    Serendipity: autists have trouble because it is reinterpreted over and over
    Serendipity: it is a safe-haven for a Ni-inclined character.
    Serendipity: Forcing a Si structure on the outside world instead of the internal.

Thoughts?
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Cannot explain myself too well, but for me, I think Ni-doms are the type who love to talk about things inside the box, and this manifests to something like talking about philosophy.
    Ne-doms think outside of the box, and this manifests to creative problem solving.

That's just one example. *hides*
    No remorse 'cause I still remember
    The smile when you tore me apart
    Likes ZNP-TBA, Punderstorm liked this post

Privileged Sh!tlord Array ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post
    Cannot explain myself too well, but for me, I think Ni-doms are the type who love to talk about things inside the box, and this manifests to something like talking about philosophy.
    Ne-doms think outside of the box, and this manifests to creative problem solving.

I like this analogy. If Ni's are still 'in the box' then they desire to transcend the box not just thinking about what's in the box but what the meaning of the box is itself and maybe why it's even there or recognized as a box?

Ne just gets bored with the box and go somewhere else.
    Likes Nørrsken, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Ni is in use when I subsume a concrete fact under a concept.
    Ne is in use when I create the concept.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Ni is in use during the recognition of some thing or event as related to a known concept, one that already exists in the mind. For example, if I read about the concept of Borderline Personality Disorder, and then experienced an event which I recognized as an example of BPD, then my mind has subsumed that event beneath the concept of BPD. It occurs in my mind as a discovery, although it's not a new discovery per se since BPD is already known. I think to myself, "A-ha! That's an example of BPD." As such, it forces its Ni truth on the mind without any need of proof as an effect of cognitive integration. That doesn't mean it is actually true, perhaps it is and perhaps it isn't. It just feels true, and this feeling of integration poses itself to consciousness as truth.

A real example of this comes from an INTJ (mormon) friend of mine. He related to me an experience he had in a college genetics class (he was studying to be a veterinarian). While he was studying some genetics, a suddenly realization came upon him like the proverbial light-bulb over the head: God IS real! Genetics proves it! He did not say how genetics proves it, but it had something to do with the idea that only God could have made the gene. Although my Ti says his experience of truth in this case was non-objective, it was real, therefore objective to him, and that's what counts to him. An integrative moment is, to him or to any Ni-dom, equivalent to an objective proof, as infallible as instinct.

What distinguishes this from Si is the conceptualization behind the event. Si is non-conceptual. You will find with Si a worship or adoration of symbols. But God is an idea. God presumably falls under the concept of reality. But God was a known idea or entity already, and many people already believe and take it for granted, so nothing new has been discovered beyond a strong feeling of truth.

Ne takes the opposite approach. It does not subsume new instances under a concept, it creates the concept based on a variety of instances. Its approach to knowledge is not one of absolute conceptual Truth, as with Ni, but with coming closer to the Truth. There are never enough facts to acquire Truth, so the best Ne can hope for is to keep trying. It's approach to Truth is also integrative (as with Ni), but only in the external sense of data-gathering and combining until a theory is arrived at. Ne's approach is not internal (except to the extent which it makes use of logic or subjective values, as with Ti and Fi), and is more playful than Ni. Even concepts such as God are just things to play with in order to invent fresh ideas and theories. It may take a known object and make something new out of it as in the inventive process via many experiments.
    Last edited by Mal12345; 05-18-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Ni and Ne learning difference:

Ni gathers facts and data, subsumes them under a known concept.
    Ne learns using the jigsaw puzzle method. All the pieces are fit together to form a pattern. Unlike a jigsaw puzzle, some of the pieces have to be discovered.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Ni and Ne learning difference:

Ni gathers facts and data, subsumes them under a known concept.
    Ne learns using the jigsaw puzzle method. All the pieces are fit together to form a pattern. Unlike a jigsaw puzzle, some of the pieces have to be discovered.
    Well actually it's Se that gathers the data. Ni then takes the information and synthesizes it into a whole.
    Ne takes the object and reorganizes it in such a way to be influenced from Si's Impressionism.
    ​Cusp of Rebirth

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by theforsaken View Post

Ni doesn't speak inside the box, it speaks of the box. It is metathinking.

Everyone thinks and sees inside the box anyway.
    ​Cusp of Rebirth
    Likes VagrantFarce liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Well actually it's Se that gathers the data. Ni then takes the information and synthesizes it into a whole.
    Ne takes the object and reorganizes it in such a way to be influenced from Si's Impressionism.
    Ni is a perceiving function. Facts and data are objects of perception. And it doesn't synthesize anything, it subsumes information under a concept.

Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast