• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Ni - What the hell is it?

Dashy CVII

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well first of all, let's get the shoe off the horse and note you're talking to another Perceiving dom, so I'm similar to your open comprehension and trial with better ideas. Peterdeadpan, to compromise both valuations seems tricky because Se pairs up to define Ni, an opposite approach of conceptualizing reality through self meaning (Ni) rather than the situation (Ne), so having 4 conflictory perspectives (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) can get messy for a lot of people. Everyone uses all of these functions in their day, but the Ni-->Se ultimately goes with Detached Intuition as it hits us much more profoundly that we can bring ultimate perspective and solutions to enjoying Se for what it is, where Ni gives definition to Se subjectively in order to grasp it, in opposition to solving deep puzzles and situations individually. Ni focuses on the question how our mind is like a world, and thus brings its own definition to the world (Ni<-->Se.) Lenore Thomson succinctly said that Ne sees what's really what externally, but Ni knows what something is to them, and thereby can attempt to solve an external puzzle by looking at it with a new brain or angle on meaning. The Ni might say I figured out the answer: "it doesn't matter" or he'll answer it with another question that leaves the original question behind. Ultimately the subjective valuation over Intuition/Imagination has no realistic situation or external knowledge to attach fully to, but a perspective and philosophy tied to one's earnest valuation of raw Se immersion, that is what we're doing--having an impression of perceiving the outside (seeing a process,) rather than having a perception of the outside itself. Then holding onto Se. If Xe relates to the real reality, Xi tries to relate to an image or representation of their own interpretation. I realize I didn't answer your question directly because I prefer pictures-worth of words if I'm to make a certain typing--I think I'd rather have an 'Fi-like' familiarity of someone in order to subjectively twist where they might fit into some universal such as MBTI, which is something we could do.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Well first of all, let's get the shoe off the horse and note you're talking to another Perceiving dom, so I'm similar to your open comprehension and trial with better ideas. Peterdeadpan, to compromise both valuations seems tricky because Se pairs up to define Ni, an opposite approach of conceptualizing reality through self meaning (Ni) rather than the situation (Ne), so having 4 conflictory perspectives (Ni, Ne, Si, Se) can get messy for a lot of people. Everyone uses all of these functions in their day, but the Ni-->Se ultimately goes with Detached Intuition as it hits us much more profoundly that we can bring ultimate perspective and solutions to enjoying Se for what it is, where Ni gives definition to Se subjectively in order to grasp it, in opposition to solving deep puzzles and situations individually. Ni focuses on the question how our mind is like a world, and thus brings its own definition to the world (Ni<-->Se.) Lenore Thomson succinctly said that Ne sees what's really what externally, but Ni knows what something is to them, and thereby can solve an external puzzle by looking at it with a new brain or angle on meaning. The Ni will often say I figured out the answer: "it doesn't matter" or he'll answer it with another question that leaves the original question behind. Ultimately the subjective valuation over Intuition/Imagination has no realistic situation or external knowledge to attach fully to, but a perspective and philosophy tied to one's earnest valuation of raw Se immersion, that is what we're doing--having an impression of perceiving the outside (seeing a process,) rather than having a perception of the outside itself. Then holding onto Se. I realize I didn't answer your question directly because I prefer pictures-worth of words if I'm to make a certain typing--I think I'd rather have an 'Fi-like' familiarity of someone in order to subjectively twist where they might fit into some universal such as MBTI, which is something we could do.

It's quite alright that I am not getting direct answers because the more I read descriptions of Ni from Ni-dominant users, the more I realize I have no fucking idea what they are talking about, no matter how hard I try to wrap my head around it, which in a sense is affirming that I likely do not prefer Ni.
Plus, look at my fucking name and "Pome" in the spoiler of my sig - this is where I derive joy from.

I think being an Ne-dom is weird because you can't really engage in an Se sense unless you're like... three sheets to the wind and you spontaneously decide turn the welcome banner on your neighbor's door upside down and skip childishly down the hall while narrowly missing the fire extinguisher in a sloppy air-kick intended mostly for your own amusement. Hopefully you don't have a dog, cuz that thing is probably getting fucked with for the next 15 minutes.

Or so I hear.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
Ni is like a subjective interpretation and contruction of reality ... It's like imagination for good or worse ( you can reach conclusions that are totally wrong more easily ).
Ne is about creativity , think outside the box and find others possibilities.

Extremes are total bullshit tho , It's an spectrum . Intp can have high Ni... i have more Ni than Ne and i actually do art work ( Ne is alot better to create logic structures that use Symbolical/logical meanings that you see in highly craft art).

Really ... this is a semi-joke but you can see the difference that Ni users like to use too much words for simple concepts , Ne can find the meaning in alot less words.