User Tag List

First 949575859606169 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I searched the INTJ page at celebritytypes.com and came up with this perfect quote from INTJ John Nash's quote list:

"Nash acquired his knowledge [not] from studying ... but by [seeing the] truth for himself. ... Einstein once chided him for wishing to amend relativity theory without studying physics."
    "There seems to be a deep instinct in human beings to make compulsory that which isn't forbidden."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Neither does the definition of 'table.'
    Well, it's a bit easier to agree on the definition of a table. Bald assertions claiming to be a definition beg the question.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Well, it's a bit easier to agree on the definition of a table. Bald assertions claiming to be a definition beg the question.
    I'll have to assume Jung's definitions anyway which could be entirely fantasy when they lack scientific investigation.
    "There seems to be a deep instinct in human beings to make compulsory that which isn't forbidden."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Here is a great quote about John Maynard Keynes which expresses the INTJ mindset:

Roy Harrod: "Keynes [spoke] on a great range of topics, on some of which he was thoroughly an expert, but on others [he had] derived his views from the few pages of a book at which he had happened to glance. The air of authority was the same in both cases."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

I'll have to assume Jung's definitions anyway which could be entirely fantasy when they lack scientific investigation.
    And if Jung is an Ni dom? Where does that put Ni, or all the rest of the functions, if it was just made up from whole cloth as you assert.

Here is a great quote about John Maynard Keynes which expresses the INTJ mindset:

Roy Harrod: "Keynes [spoke] on a great range of topics, on some of which he was thoroughly an expert, but on others [he had] derived his views from the few pages of a book at which he had happened to glance. The air of authority was the same in both cases."
    Well, it sounds like we probably agree more or less on the validity of Keynes' analysis. For various reasons, however, I would currently type him as ISTP. The way he looks at equlibria and assumes that if they "aren't in equilibrium," that they need to be "fixed" is very Ti in its need for self-consistency (rather than supposing that like a swing, equilibria will always tend towards equlibrium without any outside influence).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    And if Jung is an Ni dom? Where does that put Ni, or all the rest of the functions, if it was just made up from whole cloth as you assert.
    From the whole cloth of Jung's unconscious mind, perhaps. Or wherever the cloth comes from. According to Kant (INTJ), the universe of our spatial perceptions could be said to be made up of a uniform and indivisible "cloth," or as he called it, a "pure intuition."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Neither does the definition of 'table.'
    Mendeleev might beg to differ.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Mendeleev might beg to differ.
    Not that kind of table.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    351 sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    A lot of people use both, therefore they have a difficult time telling which is which.. They are the same thing just going in different directions. They do the same thing except with a different emphasis ..

Ne is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Ni is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.
    I've looked over many people's cognitive function tests, and I haven't found one that have been able to consistently tell people with Ni apart from people with Ne. Most questionnaires end up giving people scores where they are suggested to have 90% chance of having Ni, and 80% chance of having Ne, with very small percentual differences between the two. Socionics does a fairly consistent job of telling the two apart, but do so by generalizing on Ni and Ne to have personality traits that I believe are unrelated to the two functions.

I still like the definition provided here, in particular Ne being in response to stimuli, and Ni being independent of outer stimuli. Ni is activated by using top-down processing (which means looking at the world from a set of previously conceived beliefs, values, knowledge) so Ni always has a bias based on whatever is within their field of interest. Ni is found managing the working memory. Ne on the other hand, is responding to the outer world. Ne indicates looking at new information conceptually, as if it was a fantasy, while Ni (Se) looks at new information realistically, critically, as if there's potentially something wrong with everything new they see/hear. Ni is open-minded and conceptual about values, beliefs, and knowledge, able to synthesize, generalize, and play with their sense of self, their knowledge on a topic.

Both, I think, are focused on future possibilities, both enjoy and are motivated by discussing what could be. Intuitives have an amazing connection. They connect better with each others than with they connect with sensors, because they speak the same language. Ni and Ne just indicates that their interest in intuition is expressed differently, and experienced in different situations. For example, Ni-users will experience themselves being more open-minded when they are goal-oriented and determined, while Ne is more open-minded and creative mid-learning new information.
    Neojungian Typology Developer (www.neojungiantypology.com)
    Likes Z Buck McFate liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm an exception, where Ne is high (strongest when I first took it, then moved to the accurate second place), and Ni was always my weakest. I believe this is because both Ne and Si are strong for me (Si also, accurately third place), so I simply have a greater clarity of preference for the "Inquiring Awareness" functions than for the "Realizing" ones. (Se was always next to last, as well).
    Other N's who do not have as great a clarity, may just be strong in general "iNtuition" and score high in both (while for NP's, Si will be weak).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas