Thread: Ni - What the hell is it?

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Introverted intuit is generating all thoes ideas that can't be expressed reasonably yet makes sense.
    Just like how feelings can't be expressed verbally..
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

For me,

Ne : Knows something about everything.
    Example: Brainstorming - look for possibilities, other outlets, branches, when you watch TV Series and able to predict several ways to END it (or several ways of HOW the END should be)

Ni : Knows everything about something.
    Example: Summarizing - from every angles, directions, cost/benefit calculations, you deduced to that one 'piece of mind' that "clicks".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Whenever I see this thread come up I want to do this:

nickel.gif

So I'm doing it!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ni's biggest facet is its pattern recognition. It collects information from the outside. It takes in new information and seeks connections to the older that it has already formulated and internalized. Once that is done it begins to evaluate the new information and see whether the connection makes sense or does not. If it does not, Ni gives the way to the extroverted judgement to deal with it (pretty much disqualifying the information at easiest and tearing it apart at hardest). If it does resonate with Ni, it will accept the information and instead will change its entire worldview to match it. Ni experience constant conflict between the outside and the inside perceptions. This is why it takes longer for Ni to fully grasp and embrace the new. Once it does, however, Ni allows the new information inside its system and, by connecting it to other dots in the system (even some of the more distant ones), Ni becomes much more insightful in using that information than majority of others who would take years to get where Ni just made a sudden leap. Because Ni cannot help but connect things, this is why it is so prone to recognizing patterns, generalizing and becoming wise within a shorter span of time. Ni ponders over many things, but, while doing that, it tries to resolve many existing problems by connecting different dots within its system together. This is why Ni is so strong in its vision and ability to predict.
    Likes laurapants08 liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by ObnoXious View Post
    Ni's biggest facet is its pattern recognition. It collects information from the outside. It takes in new information and seeks connections to the older that it has already formulated and internalized. Once that is done it begins to evaluate the new information and see whether the connection makes sense or does not. If it does not, Ni gives the way to the extroverted judgement to deal with it (pretty much disqualifying the information at easiest and tearing it apart at hardest). If it does resonate with Ni, it will accept the information and instead will change its entire worldview to match it. Ni experience constant conflict between the outside and the inside perceptions. This is why it takes longer for Ni to fully grasp and embrace the new. Once it does, however, Ni allows the new information inside its system and, by connecting it to other dots in the system (even some of the more distant ones), Ni becomes much more insightful in using that information than majority of others who would take years to get where Ni just made a sudden leap. Because Ni cannot help but connect things, this is why it is so prone to recognizing patterns, generalizing and becoming wise within a shorter span of time. Ni ponders over many things, but, while doing that, it tries to resolve many existing problems by connecting different dots within its system together. This is why Ni is so strong in its vision and ability to predict.
    Someone once made reference to my personal Ni flow was it's constantly looking at a grid. It's as if the pattern is perceived but unfortunately there's trouble with expressing externally. The only way it comes out is in short patterns for someone else to figure out the pin points.

This comment came from an intj.. I hope he wasn't judging me [emoji24] [emoji23] [emoji13]
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Isnt Ni like being pulled in to something. A function that captures you and makes you want to understand everything about a topic?

So Ni is more of a pull and Ne is more of a push?
    I guess that could be said about the relationship between any introverted and extroverted function though.

What is Ni actually like for those who use it? Anyone from INTJs to ESFPs...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Isnt Ni like being pulled in to something. A function that captures you and makes you want to understand everything about a topic?

So Ni is more of a pull and Ne is more of a push?
    I guess that could be said about the relationship between any introverted and extroverted function though.

What is Ni actually like for those who use it? Anyone from INTJs to ESFPs...
    My friends and I are rather mysterious when it comes to what functions we use and our types. Its almost like a giant guessing game. I have what I call 'advisors" I have three go to people when I really want to untie the strings to my brain and let my thoughts hang out. What that has to do with anything right now I'm not sure but l'll continue you. If that's not a intuitive sign of friendship I dont know what is. Let's just say we all have taken the Myers/Briggs test but only myself and one other released out types. Tangent. Back to center.

Ni I'll conclude as a pull. Its like being driven or directed to obtain, in my case some kind of knowledge. I'm constantly craving information on all kinds of subjects, either my choice or by suggestions. If someone says "hey this made me think of you' I'm going to look into the subject and see if it grasp my attention. Here's a quick example of me following the pull of Ni. The artist perspective

Ignore spelling errors in the second photo is only a draft. Hopefully this answered something. This has been a not so evil pants moment.
    Ni - What the hell is it? Attached Images
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

"You have to make the right choice. As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible”-9 Year Old Nemo"

“In chess, it’s called Zugzwang… when the only viable move, is not to move at all.”- 9 Year Old Nemo

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by laurapants08 View Post
    For the record, there is no "5th dimension" in standard relativity. There are a lot of competing unified field theories, the only ones of which that remain standing today aren't specific enough w/r to real physical phenomena to distinguish between them. In string theory, I believe most of the 10 or 11 dimensions are spacial, not timelike. It is arbitrary whether a particular dimension is spacelike or timelike.

Also, I personally believe that it might be an accident that describing gravity as a 4-dimensional curved space-time is a "coincidence" of the principle of equivalence. A similar issue occurs in quantum mechanics with the notion of wavefunction "collapse". In both cases, people (even experts) tend to think that the math is the reality, where in my view, the only truth is that the math describes the reality in a consistent quantitative way. For instance, QM makes use of infinite-dimensional vector spaces to describe QM behaviors. That doesn't imply that the physical world is comprised of an infinite number of dimensions. It's just a convenient mathematical tool.

As for Ni, I stand behind my prior descriptions in this thread. (There are several, but I'm partial to the most recent.)
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    For the record, there is no "5th dimension" in standard relativity. There are a lot of competing unified field theories, the only ones of which that remain standing today aren't specific enough w/r to real physical phenomena to distinguish between them. In string theory, I believe most of the 10 or 11 dimensions are spacial, not timelike. It is arbitrary whether a particular dimension is spacelike or timelike.

Also, I personally believe that it might be an accident that describing gravity as a 4-dimensional curved space-time is a "coincidence" of the principle of equivalence. A similar issue occurs in quantum mechanics with the notion of wavefunction "collapse". In both cases, people (even experts) tend to think that the math is the reality, where in my view, the only truth is that the math describes the reality in a consistent quantitative way. For instance, QM makes use of infinite-dimensional vector spaces to describe QM behaviors. That doesn't imply that the physical world is comprised of an infinite number of dimensions. It's just a convenient mathematical tool.

As for Ni, I stand behind my prior descriptions in this thread. (There are several, but I'm partial to the most recent.)
    Can you quote me your first response?
    Quote me.

I mean... Wait, what?

Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast