User Tag List

First 3038394041425090 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Are you looking in a mirror? I didnt recieve any sensory data that was meaningless, I have a screen, it shows me what people type, my sensory data pulled everything in so I can read the screen, that is the extent of my sensory data. Are you hearing voices again that you dont understand? You lost me.
    I know I lost you.

This is because SP types are good at just accepting the connections their Ni fills in.

What they aren't good at is consciously mulling them over, discussing them, etc.

In fact, I think doing so often almost provokes some kind of anxiety in them.

Makes them start trying to do things to pull them back into the Se world.

Questioning the source of their interpretations is antithetical to Se.

They need to immediately accept as true what it is they see.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Like I said, I go back and forth between Se and Ni. I eat, breathe, and sleep Ti.
    Yes, in the tertiary, your suppression of it isn't as high.

But it usually is still there, and you'll tend to naturally "use" Se more easily.

If you succumb to tertiary temptation/your dominant loop, then this will be less the case.

Even then, though, you'll often be one quick flip away from embracing Se and suppressing Ni.

That wasnt very crass, I can be much more crass then that when I want to
    If only functions had asses to slap or be jeered at.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I know I lost you.

This is because SP types are good at just accepting the connections their Ni fills in.

What they aren't good at is consciously mulling them over, discussing them, etc.

In fact, I think doing so often almost provokes some kind of anxiety in them.

Makes them start trying to do things to pull them back into the Se world.

Questioning the source of their interpretations is antithetical to Se.

They need to immediately accept as true what it is they see.
    Dont think

What you are talking about sounds like you are referring to ESTP and inferior Ni, not ISTP with tertiary Ni.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ

S'up mo'fos.

Conscious perception is partisan, but because of the nature of consciousness rather than the nature of perception. Perception itself is a natural amalgam of what we call S and what we call N. But it gets worse. Sensory information, by which I mean neither S nor N but whatever data intrudes on and gets through to your nervous system, is as closely related to perception as a channel of static is to a tv show. Perception, like a tv show compared to static, is sensory signal organised over time. (I say organised, but don't get too hard just yet: it's perceptual organization, not judgment.)

The Ni+Se organisation allows that sensory information is immediate, but only because it contains elements that can be grouped conceptually and thus is coherent. The Ne+Si organisation resists immediate sensory information as always incoherent. Experience, removed from the moment, is always dissected into elementary parts and current experience is coherent only if some assemblage of past parts can be discovered of sufficient similarity to that current experience that it can be understood to "have" (which is to say, "refer to") content.

So, what is Ni? In persistent aspect, it is a scheme of concepts that provides organisation for an immediate physical world. In dynamic aspect, it is the construction of that scheme. The construction proceeds by increasingly abstract layering of concepts. The ultimate test of any one concept is whether or not it creates fundamental (which is interesting, as opposed to contingent, which is boring) contradiction within a lifetime system of coherence.

/zapf
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    STP

Even then, though, you'll often be one quick flip away from embracing Se and suppressing Ni.
    Is it your inferior Se or your dominant Ni that says Se and Ni cant play nice together and build as opposed to tie each other up? I cant ever remember if heat warms up the cold or cold cools down heat either In my mind they just merge and both adjusts to each other.
    Im out, its been fun

ReflecTcelfeR

It's an assemblage of the external world in a form that flows and finds a path of least resistance. Like water flowing downstream. It is not manipulation, the path that the external world could plausibly (which I think is a necessary difference between the extroverted counterpart's term "possible") flow towards is chosen.

So Possible vs Plausible.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Is it your inferior Se or your dominant Ni that says Se and Ni cant play nice together and build as opposed to tie each other up?
    It's your faulty tertiary Ni that's gone and made an unfounded assumption.

MBTI
    STP

It's your faulty tertiary Ni that's gone and made an unfounded assumption.
    and what assumption is that?
    Im out, its been fun

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

and what assumption is that?
    The accurate one I've been making all along: that SPs tend not to understand the source of their Se's interpretations all that well; they just go with it (it being, whether they realize it or not [and, naturally, not usually being versed in Jungian psychology, they usually don't], what their subconscious Ni tells them it means), which is essentially the same thing you've said yourself.

Well, that, and its specific and proper application to your flawed assumption that I don't think Se and Ni can play nice together.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

The accurate one I've been making all along: that SPs tend not to understand the source of their Se's interpretations all that well; they just go with it (it being, whether they realize it or not [and, naturally, they usually don't], what their subconscious Ni tells them it means), which is essentially the same thing you have said yourself.
    Why would SPs, who prefer Se, utilize Ni at all? They are diametrically opposed functions. Where do you get this?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com