User Tag List

First 1927282930313979 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    When I think of Ni, I think of the the Detective's monologue in V for Vendetta. I think it's a good example of how it can manifest.

I don't know if that helps anybody.
    I think this is actually a very good example of Ni in action.

I remember watching it when it came out and thinking "that's what I do".

The best part is when the other guy asks if he knows what's gunna happen and he honestly says, "No, it was a feeling..."

"But I can guess...", as he goes on to describe exactly what happens.

Awesome scene.

The reason I think it's demonstrative of Ni (and most likely Ni+Te), is that it shows Ni "sliding along the time axis" -- as the Socionics descriptions are very keen to point out.

It's very similar to the Ni vision I spent an hour writing up the other day that got lost to the void, when I didn't foresee that, upon hitting submit, I was no longer logged in.

The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It's very similar to the Ni vision I spent an hour writing up the other day that got lost to the void, when I didn't foresee that, upon hitting submit, I was no longer logged in.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/6984/

This has been one of the most anti-frustrating, useful, and outright computer-saved-being-thrown-out-a-window downloads of my life. Get it or continue to lose your Ni to stupid factors.
    INTP - Ti > Ne > Te > Ni > Fi > Se > Fe > Si

I am not a Strange Loop, for I will always grow and mature.

Society is a Strange Loop, preventing us from growing and maturing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Aye... thanks for the rec, but I use chrome...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Aye... thanks for the rec, but I use chrome...
    https://chrome.google.com/extensions...mgopdkppkifgno

Still in beta apparently

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Sweet. Thx

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I find Chrome annoying.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I find Chrome annoying.
    Well hopefully you found at least something useful form your original post, hehehe. Kinda got off topic a few times.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by TacEight View Post
    Well hopefully you found at least something useful form your original post, hehehe. Kinda got off topic a few times.
    Well I've only read about the first 10 or so pages and there was a lot of contradicting answers, but I think I got the jist.

Let's see if I can get this somewhat right.

Ne searches for external input and generates possibilities from recieving new information, coming up with many ideas.

Ni takes previous experience and looks at it from different perspectives until it finds one that fits it's unique vision, or contributes to shaping it.

Is that somewhat right?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Personally, I get a very "Ne" feel, from all of the "connections". It suggests an Ni perspective with the symbology (dominoes all falling in an orderly fashion, etc.).

I see Ne as being more of a "connect connect connect" seeing common objective/extroverted patterns that all relate to each other, suggesting an underlying order. Ni, on the other hand will just think, "Oh, it's this," and draw a conclusion, and Fe/Te will come along in a second pass and prove/disprove it.

Perhaps the clip can be regarded as Ne seeing the overall patterns of a partially-executed Ni/Te plan?
    I don't know - you could be right but it seems like a decent example of Ni to me. There's a lot of talk about all the connections but the important thing I get out of it is the realization of "oh it's this" just as you describe. The key thing that I saw is the insight - the realization - which takes all these different things into account. He says he doesn't know what's going to happen and then goes along and says what's going to happen...

I think it's hard to find isolated functions in action because most of the time there are multiple ones at work in combination.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP

The way I (at last) understand it: Ni belongs to a Judger, Ne to a Perceiver.
    Ni is good for preparing things, for making plans. It will make all sorts of scenarios: this could happen, that could happen. It also works in the past: you could have done this instead and then...
    When I'm preparing lessons, Ni can be very useful: "what if the students ask this? What if they start acting out? What if...?"
    Ni is the reason why those _N_Js always seem to cover all bases. Well, they DO; they have thought out the possibilities beforehand. And if something goes wrong, they will incorporate this in their next plan.

This Perceiver's Ni comes up when I'm nervous. Then I can't think about anything but all sorts of disastrous scenarios. The problem is, in that case Ni is not helping at all. It doesn't generate scenarios in which solutions are present; which would make me better prepared indeed. Instead it's predicting "you'll fail" scenarios all night long. If I'm really rnervous, it's Ni which keeps me awake all night.

Ne? No, even a dominant Ne doesn't come up with solutions beforehand. That one comes up with ideas on the spot.
    When preparing, Ne says: "Don't worry! We'll see! Let's do something fun instead."
    Ni: "Whatever you prepare, the situation will be different and you'll fail!" (a better Ni probably comes up with more ideas than just "you'll fail", at least, I hope so for our Ni users out there!)
    Ne: "You see? Preparation is useless. But you'll succeed, trust me."

To correct the extremely pessimistic view: even my Ni comes up with useful scenarios once in a while But it's the most thought-occupying when I'm in the "I'll fail anyway" mood. Well, Ni is supposed to be my "opposing" function in the archetype theory!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :hi:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink: