User Tag List

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ni - What the hell is it?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I just spent an hour writing the most detailed description of my most signficant Ni premonition, and when I hit submit, it said I couldn't perform that action, cuz I wasn't logged in.

Grahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:HEADwall:
    Forum logs you out if inactive for over an hour, gotta copy/paste bro.

Where was the Ni future telling on that one!?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Up my ass, apparently.

Should've listened to my spidey sense saying, "Too early. Something is wrong here."
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    And I remember back then having a bit of an a-ha, thinking, oh man, what I write, seems so self-evident to me, that I naturally don't feel the need to explain all of the background or the why's as to why I think something, because it seems so 'obvious' to me.
    See, I can relate to this because it's how I feel about trying to describe Fi. Think of that "Fe/Fi Gone Awry" thread ... how the Fe users wanted the details, the thought processes ... how does one explain something you just know?

I see a pattern here.

Re. the actual 'process' of Ni - I honestly don't know if I can describe it in the way you are desiring. I'll have to think a bit. And might come back. Not sure I'll be able to do it though.
    Please do; I sure hope you can. I know it will be tough because it took me hours to compose my Fi posts in that thread, to pull apart something that seems as obvious as breathing to me.

I would love if you can even post one example - you have no idea how illuminating that could be.

I just spent an hour writing the most detailed description of my most signficant Ni premonition, and when I hit submit, it said I couldn't perform that action, cuz I wasn't logged in.

Grahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:HEADwall:
    Please re-write it - consider your first go the rough draft, and it will come faster to you to write it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    As far as epic themes go, my visions are fairly prosaic. The themes are there cluttering them up, but mostly it's all visions of mechanisms I've come to know and be associated with. And I've been telling the visions all along.

Is the mystique of the function undermined if I admit to using Ni to get by in a normal life?
    Not at all .... do share, I would love to hear. Please?

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Not at all .... do share, I would love to hear. Please?
    Oh, no, you didn't!

How is it possible to have come this far in giving a damn about something as ludicrously simple-minded as "16 types" without there having been some emerging sense of its applicability and scope?

I'm wondering what it is about the difference between Ni and Ne that the one so often hears the other not as intuition but as, if not S, then something to be glossed over in lieu of actual insight.

(Sorry. It is a puzzle, and I don't know if it's an actual difference of kind between intuitions or just a practical problem of timing.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Honestly Kalach, what do you think I am trying to do here? I want to pull something out of you, something deeper, something that makes you dig to offer it over ... share your insight!

Why do you resist? You wish to keep your secrets close to your chest? Actually have nothing to offer? I respect that, if either is the case. But don't attribute my question to some simple-minded lack of insight; I want to hear it in your words.

If you read any of that "Fe/Fi Gone Awry" thread, you'll have an appreciation for how much I offered over about Fi. Or at least tried to.

I'm not an Ni dom, so I don't want to rely on my perception of Ni alone; I want to hear, from Ni doms, if you could connect the dots, could you retell an Ni insight?

You say you have "visions" - ergo you must SEE something, literally or metaphorically or predictively. I want to know what that is, how that process feels, what types of insights you have gained, how it manifests in your daily life ...

Give it!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Please re-write it - consider your first go the rough draft, and it will come faster to you to write it again.
    Imagine putting all that time into linguistically carving out a part of your soul.

Then imagine it being lost to the void...

Then imagine repeating the surgery.

No thanks.

Especially not after that.

The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

...oh man, what I write, seems so self-evident to me, that I naturally don't feel the need to explain all of the background or the why's as to why I think something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nietzsche
    It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Imagine putting all that time in to linguistically carve out a part of your soul.

Then imagine it being lost to the void.

Then imagine repeating the surgery.

No thanks.
    It was destiny that your first draft was lost ... meant to be, for whatever reason.

And yet, it's not lost; the second version will be perfection ... it will be ... momentous! Illuminative. I can't wait to read it! Seriously.

Especially not after that.

Have a little sense of humour Z; you've had a chuckle or two at my expense after all.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp

lol. Gotta love isolated quotes. It's just like pulling one-liners from the Bible.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

It was destiny that your first draft was lost ... meant to be, for whatever reason.
    I know the reason: it was the universe telling me to stop wasting time posting.

Have a little sense of humour Z; you've had a chuckle or two at my expense after all.
    C'mon, PB.

You know I'm always playing.

The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast