User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I'll bite. Explain to everyone exactly how the OP is definitively an INTP, beyond telling people how stupid their thoughts are.
    i didnt say that peoples thoughts are stupid, i told that its stupid to discuss about this because its so clear that he is an intp.

i cba to explain every single thought why i think he is an intp because it would take me hours to do that. and i dont think this is so important that i would want to spend hours convincing everyone that he is an intp
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i didnt say that peoples thoughts are stupid, i told that its stupid to discuss about this because its so clear that he is an intp.

i cba to explain every single thought why i think he is an intp because it would take me hours to do that. and i dont think this is so important that i would want to spend hours convincing everyone that he is an intp
    So...you have no idea why you believe he's an INTP, beyond feeling, right?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    So...you have no idea why you believe he's an INTP, beyond feeling, right?
    hmm, not sure if you are kidding or if you got some trouble understanding what is written pretty clearly. either way continuing this does no good
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

hmm, not sure if you are kidding or if you got some trouble understanding what is written pretty clearly. either way continuing this does no good
    I have absolutely no problems with reading comprehension. I was pushing your buttons to see if maybe, just maybe, you might actually share why you have the feeling the OP is definitely an INTP. Writing it out might help to crystallise your feelings of being able to relate to him. This is assuming that you're not mistyped.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

okay, i've read the OP now. i think you're an INTP. your posts always sound Ti, at least more than batshit Ne, and P - and yeah, my dad (INTP) can be almost a social butterfly around people he actually wants to talk to. and like i mentioned before, i thought i was an I, but functional preference says E. i think one of the really important things i learned (from people on here, actually) is that extraversion and introversion isn't necessarily about other people.

seriously, i don't buy the stereotypes, or the "recharging" crap. all humans have metabolic energy that is exhausted more quickly when they are interacting than not, and it doesn't have anything to do with being an I. it doesn't make biological sense to say someone "recharges" around people. on the other hand, if you think about it in terms of your dom function, it makes more sense: i "recharge" mentally when i'm using Ne because it's the easiest and most natural for me. this doesn't mean talking to others - it means solving puzzles, exploring, etc. it's not like i don't get tired, but i'm mentally stimulated by it. it makes me want to think more.

so maybe it'd be useful to ask where your best mental stimulation comes from. what gets you worked up and excited about a situation? for me, yeah, i have a driving need to help the world blah blah Fi blah, but what i get really into is being in the middle of the fray and solving a problem. bouncing ideas and tangents and making connections to bring everything together as one. and from that standpoint you can look at whether you're introverted because you tend to pay attention to and get engaged by internal systems/principles most, or extraverted because you tend to pay attention to and get engaged by external patterns/connections most.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

He is an ISFJ

Obviously.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

but the op is clearly an intp. its so clear that its stupid to even talk about this..
    Of course!! >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    He is an ISFJ...Obviously.
    Of course!! O.O

Fare thee well assumers. Let me trample on thine vision of reality, or else let reality guide you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

I second Idris.

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Well what you described of yourself sounds just like me but I wouldnt go by that if I were you because I identify with Intp really well, just not as well as ENTP. The one thing I would say that makes me more of an Entp is that I like to tease people and just mess with them. Not in a mean way but just for fun. I also like to lie to people about ridiculous things just for fun. Im also somewhat manipulative, but only when a person has identified themselves as against me or my enemy (kind of immature, I know). I dont know if you actually identify with any of these things I just described.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    okay, i've read the OP now. i think you're an INTP. your posts always sound Ti, at least more than batshit Ne, and P - and yeah, my dad (INTP) can be almost a social butterfly around people he actually wants to talk to. and like i mentioned before, i thought i was an I, but functional preference says E. i think one of the really important things i learned (from people on here, actually) is that extraversion and introversion isn't necessarily about other people.

seriously, i don't buy the stereotypes, or the "recharging" crap. all humans have metabolic energy that is exhausted more quickly when they are interacting than not, and it doesn't have anything to do with being an I. it doesn't make biological sense to say someone "recharges" around people. on the other hand, if you think about it in terms of your dom function, it makes more sense: i "recharge" mentally when i'm using Ne because it's the easiest and most natural for me. this doesn't mean talking to others - it means solving puzzles, exploring, etc. it's not like i don't get tired, but i'm mentally stimulated by it. it makes me want to think more.

so maybe it'd be useful to ask where your best mental stimulation comes from. what gets you worked up and excited about a situation? for me, yeah, i have a driving need to help the world blah blah Fi blah, but what i get really into is being in the middle of the fray and solving a problem. bouncing ideas and tangents and making connections to bring everything together as one. and from that standpoint you can look at whether you're introverted because you tend to pay attention to and get engaged by internal systems/principles most, or extraverted because you tend to pay attention to and get engaged by external patterns/connections most.
    This is a very interesting framing of I/E. I like your question -- where does your mental stimulation come from. I am an E, but I get quite drained by most types of social interaction. I'm very "good" at being social -- I lead groups, I am a public speaker and present to audiences of hundreds, I have a lot of friends. BUT I am also quite drained by all but a very few types of social interactions: if I'm with a very close friend (one-on-one only), or family, I don't get drained. If I'm an attendee at a small workshop and not expected to talk much, I don't get very drained (but I still need downtime afterward). And -- here's the part that connects to your point -- though I am involved in academic and social justice work and that's the passion that drives me professionally, what keeps me "stimulated" in conversation is talking about relationships and personality types: intimate relationship dynamics and/or MB/Enneagram stuff. Anything other than that, I'm bound to get drained.

So, that would support your theory of Fe, correct? The dominant function being the one that drains you the least? Or would that be Te then?

I had been wondering about how I could be E and get drained so easily, even from one-on-one conversations.
    Last edited by psyche; 10-16-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: added info