User Tag List

First 1234 Last

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

It's funny I have an Introverted S.O. and an Introverted good friend. I find that I require way more alone/down time than either of them. It's like they can constantly be around people, but are quite capable of simply "enjoying the scenery". Me on the other hand, I'm all in the mix when I am around others - talking, making sure everyone feels included, cooking, catering to, blah, blah and I CAN'T turn it off. It is absolutely draining if I do too much of it.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

So do you think the correlation between extraverted main function and high energeticness / being social is necessarily accurate?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    So do you think the correlation between extraverted main function and high energeticness / being social is necessarily accurate?
    For ESxx definitely, for ENxJs maybe, for ENxPs NO.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Maybe or at least the energy refresh rate is different. Like there is a colour chart for seasons or months. You know that during certain months you get more brooding and other months your more cheerful in conjunction with the weather. Then I tend to say this pans out in extroverted and introverted folk too.

And then add the adaptability to situational stimuli. I'd say there is difference there too. I mean sure we can probably put this down to the percentile of I vs E. But I tend to think there is a different strategy or coping in place that generates the energies that are ensuing. Like a learned response in multiple intelligences towards the attitudes and functions on the kind of frequency that is just right to be energied enough to and the point at which energy starts to totally miss a beat.

Maybe has as much to do with how good a person is able to reflect negative energy rather than absorbing them and vise versa. Like I can easily stand to be before crowds without introvert depletion as long as I switch off in my mind and don't think of it as absorbing the energy to exhaustion where I need to sit away from the energy to collect myself.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is that because the Ne function is relatively disconnected with sensory aspects of reality?
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Is that because the Ne function is relatively disconnected with sensory aspects of reality?
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

BTW Eric B I'm stealing your function listing system from your sig.
    JiNe

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    It's funny I have an Introverted S.O. and an Introverted good friend. I find that I require way more alone/down time than either of them. It's like they can constantly be around people, but are quite capable of simply "enjoying the scenery". Me on the other hand, I'm all in the mix when I am around others - talking, making sure everyone feels included, cooking, catering to, blah, blah and I CAN'T turn it off. It is absolutely draining if I do too much of it.
    That's a big difference with someone like you.. While I may like going out, I'm kind of quiet. Enjoying the scenery, like your friends.

Besides all that, I'd rather do something than stand around with a beer and talk all night. Socializing is more fun when I'm doing something else... sports/cooking/group projects/swimming/playing music, etc.. Something like that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

teal deer on the OP for tonight, sorry, but

no.

i'm a low/moderate energy E. the only reason i'm certain i'm not an INFP is because of how much Te i use (plus my preference for Ne over Fi when i'm in a pinch). and how much i really can blabber on about things. i'm not even super social, though i open up around people. i do have a little history of anxiety, which has taken a long time for me to squelch enough to just go ahead and risk coming off stupid for the sake of social connections. but i definitely need and cherish my quiet time... i will run from crowds sometimes! though i do get bored alone - i like being alone and entertained, but sitting around alone is boring. i need stimulation.

haha yeah i think that's probably a lot of it. we're off tangent-hopping in our own minds. and we don't have Fe or Te to ground us, unlike ENxJs.

i have my suspicions that ENxPs have statistically done the most wikipedia page hopping. INxPs are probably next, and slightly (slightly) more focused in their subjects of choice.

You're more directive, dramatic and judgmental compared to the average INTP. These aren't criticisms of you, so don't take it that way. It wouldn't surprise me if you're not an INTP but since I'm not a typologist, don't have the expertise to type you.