User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

stop eating and stop doing hobbies, and attempt to get web design jobs in my free time.

and be depressed, but hey, at least i lose weight without having to work hard.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I have never seen the economy this bad, EVAR. When I lived in NC in the
    90's the economy was probably the best it has been in my lifetime...too bad I was a teenager then. When I lived in L.A. the first time, the economy was good. Even living in Vegas after 9/11 we weren't hit as hard as other places in the country because of constant tourism. Then in WV I was in college for most of the time, anyway, and the standard of living is so low there it doesn't matter much at any given time.

I must have been insane to move to L.A. in the middle of this recession (my mother certainly thinks so). I've never been in a major city and called a strip club and had them say "we're so dead we aren't hiring right now." I've never had this much trouble finding and keeping a job.

I was extremely lucky to end up in a nice house in the Valley with a bunch of roommates, and a steady part-time editing job for a kind old man. However, I've had a series of horrible part-time jobs in the mean time (to make up for the fact that editing is part-time)...right now I'm working on straight comission on the Intertardz doing something I'm not sure I would have turned to in different circumstances, though it's really not so bad. One of my roommates is trying to get me a part-time serving job where she works.

Through the worst periods I learned to live off of peanut butter, ramen, beans, and oatmeal. Yum. Although I will say being poor in CA beats the hell out of being poor in WV, it just does. Of course, I wouldn't be saying that if I was on the street...but fortunately, that's not the case.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

very badly

i am underemployed not in terms of hours but in terms of the sort of job i am doing. sure, i haven't graduated college yet so it's realistic and i am lucky to make a good amount of money but i work long hours. and i hate dealing with these people who complain that the ice cubes are 50 cents...ZOMG...or that the bottles are 2.05 instead of just 2...ZOMG...or whatever stupid, stupid thing. ugh. hard time dealing. but i do enjoy my money and i think i'm a bit spoiled and grandiose in my thinking. but still...meh.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I am definitely underemployed. I am just doing a variety of little part-time jobs... gardening, housecleaning, a little office work... and I'm going to be a part-time companion to an elderly lady. My degree is in journalism, but there are no jobs. My most recent freelance journalism job bit the dust more than a year ago. I think that my journalism career is deader than a doorknocker. It is time for a career change.
    It can be discouraging. I'm trying not to let this employment situation get me discouraged, though. I have plenty of free time for music and art, however. Since I am doing all freelance type of work, I get to set my own schedule. That is a huge benefit.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I have quite a different situation, since I live in Finland and we get to study free and so on, but I've been on welfare since my studies started seven years ago. I've had a couple of projects, but mostly I've been unemployed after the school. I don't have to worry about starving, so I can be a bit picky and not take jobs that are not my field... so I guess I don't have it too bad.

It seems that the long time poverty has made me shape my life to fit the amount of money. I don't really worry about it too much. This is in a way good thing, but then again, if I am too comfortable I am not trying too hard either. So, the P doesn't help me get jobs, but it helps me not to freak out about my less than ideal situation. My introversion is the thing that does the most damage. I hate "bragging" myself, and I am perfectionist, so I will always say what I could improve. Apparently they don't want to hear negative stuff in the interview. Not that I often get to go to an interview. My F is giving me trouble as well, since I don't see any point working for assholes.

I don't have any problem with N. That one is good.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm unemployed at the moment. Hate it.
    I can write all day now. Writing is my passion and technically, I should be as happy as pie because I've got my dream life: even if I don't earn anything with it, I can act as if I'm a professional writer! I've got two problems with it.

1) I don't want to be the poor and hopeful writer who depends on her husband (and on the social security) for ever. Always promising a masterwork, always writing badly and never improving and never getting a "real" job. This is a nightmare. I don't want to be like that. That's why I want a job. As long as I don't earn enough money with my writing, I want to see it as a hobby. Something I don't need to pay the bills.

2) I need the interaction. I need the regularity of a job to get out and get my daily dose of input. I'm both an E and a P - I need external pressure to function at my fullest.

How do I cope? My husband gives me very short deadlines for my story. Daily ones. Or I set them up myself and tell him "This is what I want to get done today". Just the fact that somebody else knows of my goals, helps me to reach them! This takes care of problem #2, but problem #1 still is there. I'd prefer a job. But. As long as I'm jobless, I don't want to idle. Not writing because I'd like it too much and need to do something boring instead of work - that's nonsense. The time is there to be used.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Badly. Sitting around not doing much except the things that I am required to do by the government in order to find work (which takes up enough time in itself). I find that at least if I have something to do, I don't end up thinking negatively as often and am happier overall. I keep imagining that any job I do manage to get will be something I hate and that I will be stuck doing it forever! I hate interviews and the idea of "selling myself" so it's pretty hard for me to get something :/ Also, I'm 17 and I've never had a job before.. and everybody wants experience...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Its amusing, I am overdeveloped yet underemployed.

This'll change but its like twigging my feet at the inflection of phlegm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

The amount of underemployed options I'm accruing at the moment, mind boggling, its like I have to buy a broom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think things like retirement(at like 65) is going to be a thing of the past, austerity might be coming to america, it's already shown it's ugly face in europe.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari