First 123412 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    my feeling is gender defines.......
    i NEVER use mbti outside this forum though.. 99.99% of people i know don't know what the fuck mbti is.
    Wow, you must be pretty popular then if you know at least 10,000 people.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Wow, you must be pretty popular then if you know at least 10,000 people.
    Notice how his extraversion matters!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Oh, if I could have been a woman.

To me gender seems to be this outward pressure to not act the way I would otherwise. Of course I need to conform to it and this effects my mind as well. It's an interaction. My gender and the expectations towards it makes me use my type differently than I would if I was a woman. So, my functions are trained to behave in a way that is more appropriate for male.

On the other hand, maybe this is not too bad. Maybe the pressure toward T has made my expression of the type more balanced? If I was just the kind of man they wanted me to be, I would have no reason to question my behavior.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Notice how his extraversion matters!
    Yes, but to whom? I don't want to know 10,000 people.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I may deal with a woman differently to a man. Perhaps there will be a more delicate interaction when dealing with a woman. It may be slightly harder for me to say no to a woman than a man. It will certainly prove more difficult for me to punch a woman than a man. With women, there is a possibility for love interest and there is none for men. The average stimuli of sound, sight, smell and even feel of a women will differ from those averages for a man. There will be an underlying preference in these differences in everyone's thoughts and ideas. And as such my own preferences may change my thought process and actions towards a woman in difference to a man.

Personality will have it's effect in my more personal dealings. I would learn more about the woman I meet and adjust my interactions accordingly.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I may deal with a woman differently to a man. Perhaps there will be a more delicate interaction when dealing with a woman. It may be slightly harder for me to say no to a woman than a man. It will certainly prove more difficult for me to punch a woman than a man. With women, there is a possibility for love interest and there is none for men. The average stimuli of sound, sight, smell and even feel of a women will differ from those averages for a man. There will be an underlying preference in these differences in everyone's thoughts and ideas. And as such my own preferences may change my thought process and actions towards a woman in difference to a man.

Personality will have it's effect in my more personal dealings. I would learn more about the woman I meet and adjust my interactions accordingly.
    Lol I treat everyone in one of 2 ways. Friend or not friend. I don't differentiate between men and women. If a girl punches me in the shoulder I punch them in the shoulder. I don't hesitate because my philosophy is "Treat people equally regardless of differences such as gender, race and sexuality". Although that doesn't apply to sexual and romantic matters obviously! Oh and also my other philosophy is "If you hit me, I'll hit you back, and that's not being an asshole, that's fair". This second one is good for preventing people from hitting me.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Lol I treat everyone in one of 2 ways. Friend or not friend. I don't differentiate between men and women. If a girl punches me in the shoulder I punch them in the shoulder. I don't hesitate because my philosophy is "Treat people equally regardless of differences such as gender, race and sexuality". Although that doesn't apply to sexual and romantic matters obviously! Oh and also my other philosophy is "If you hit me, I'll hit you back, and that's not being an asshole, that's fair". This second one is good for preventing people from hitting me.
    Hmm, if I go by that particular philosophy then I'd be fine hitting little kids and toddlers that hit me first.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Hmm, if I go by that particular philosophy then I'd be fine hitting little kids and toddlers that hit me first.
    So long as it's with the same force!

No, well really it just applies to people who are a similar age to me. Fortunately I don't get random little kids hitting me very often. If they do, just block them. They get frustrated and eventually leave.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

So long as it's with the same force!

No, well really it just applies to people who are a similar age to me. Fortunately I don't get random little kids hitting me very often. If they do, just block them. They get frustrated and eventually leave.
    I see.

There are too many cases for one to treat others differently depending on the situation for someone to treat someone equally. I will try not breach my integrity by doing something I personally find unethical. If a girl punches me I will not punch her back. If a physically disabled person punches me I will not punch them back. If an emotionally shattered man punches me I will not punch them back. My main concern would be directed at understanding why I was punched for if my only reason to punch them back is because they inflicted some physical pain upon me, that may make me more worthless than they are.

But then this is a discussion on ethics. It will be subjective and will depend on the person's values.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I see.

There are too many cases for one to treat others differently depending on the situation for someone to treat someone equally. I will try not breach my integrity by doing something I personally find unethical. If a girl punches me I will not punch her back. If a physically disabled person punches me I will not punch them back. If an emotionally shattered man punches me I will not punch them back. My main concern would be directed at understanding why I was punched for if my only reason to punch them back is because they inflicted some physical pain upon me, that may make me more worthless than they are.

But then this is a discussion on ethics. It will be subjective and will depend on the person's values.
    Uh... well perhaps I was too ambiguous with what I meant. I was just reffering to casual situations. I wouldn't punch someone back either if they were obviously in a lot of distress or had a handicap. But being a woman isn't the same as either of those. There's only a mild physical difference. I don't initiate harm on a woman or anything. I'm not going to assault anyone. But for example, one of my female friends used to punch me when she was annoyed at me, but when she did, I returned it, and after a while she learned that if she hits me she gets the same back, and so she doesn't do it anymore. I had a similar thing with a male friend, except it was more mild. They don't think I'm an awful person for it or anything, because I've explained that I am using equal force against them because I'd rather not get hit. Simple. Easy. Nobody expects special treatment either, and they know it and accept it.
    JiNe