User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 135

  1. #91
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    FWIW I just want to say again that a big part of feminist theory would not exist if people didn't think there were any differences between the genders. For example, ecofeminism, hierarchy theory, and feminist criticism of Kohlberg's stages of moral development.

    But I agree type matters a lot, and in many cases can make these differences small or non-noticeable. I'm really interested in differences in how the genders express type.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Congratulations, this is the creepiest comment you have ever made.
    I learned from the best! @The Great One


  3. #93
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That reaction will differ significantly based on type.
    I agree.

    I also notice that there's a very strong trend in this thread for people whose type "aligns" with their gender to say that gender is most important, and for people whose type does not align with their gender to say that type is more important. (I'm no exception.)

    edit: if I'm not mistaken, people from both groups have supported type as the most important, but I haven't seen any female Ts or male Fs saying that gender is the most important factor. I may have missed it, though.
    -end of thread-

  4. #94
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I agree.

    I also notice that there's a very strong trend in this thread for people whose type "aligns" with their gender to say that gender is most important, and for people whose type does not align with their gender to say that type is more important. (I'm no exception.)

    edit: if I'm not mistaken, people from both groups have supported type as the most important, but I haven't seen any female Ts or male Fs saying that gender is the most important factor. I may have missed it, though.
    Interesting point.

  5. #95
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I learned from the best! @The Great One
    Just be careful or someone might misinterpret your communication based on their gender based subjective experience and report you. That goes for you too, TGO.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Hmm, it seems that the word "rape" evokes far stronger (and noticeably more hostile) reactions out of women; now why would that be?

  7. #97
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Hmm, it seems that the word "rape" evokes far stronger (and noticeably more hostile) reactions out of women; now why would that be?
    Yeah, you've just illustrated my point. There are some things which are nearly universal among women, which one can't really say about type. Or maybe we can; I do sometimes on here and get criticized for it.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, you've just illustrated my point. There are some things which are nearly universal among women, which one can't really say about type. Or maybe we can; I do sometimes on here and get criticized for it.
    It's all God's fault; he dictated your incarnation onto the weaker of the 2 human spectral ends.

  9. #99
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    It occurs to me that personality and "what matters more" fluctuates within the individual on number of levels including trait, place, time, role, perspective, self-definition, and so on. It plays out in a multidimensional timespace.

  10. #100
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    I can't help but laugh when misogynistic men assume all Women think and act like ESF's.

Similar Threads

  1. What matters more, intention or consequence?
    By magpie in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 12-20-2015, 07:17 PM
  2. What does your type and gender mean to you?
    By Vilku in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
  4. What's her type? Or maybe she's a mental?
    By Typoz in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM
  5. What is my type? (or not)
    By Laurie in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO