Thread: Fe/Se loop???

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Default Fe/Se loop???

Anyone care to explain this ..

Since I can't seem to see how these functions could create a loop.

Please help?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm not sure. One possibility that I see - My mother becomes hyper aware of her surroundings under stress and often becomes either overly solicitous of us, doing stuff that she really doesn't need to or worried about how much she is/isn't doing. I also wonder if the guilt thing is connected to a Fe-Se loop in some way. Can't feel happy unless everyone else close is or takes on unreasonable amounts of responsibility for other's behaviour/happiness etc and feels deep unfounded guilt. I don't know if that would be Fe-Se or not. Since most types seem to have a loop, I've been curious whether ENFJs do and what it would look like. Domino said she loops through these, but didn't say in what way. My mum is the only ENFJ I am really close to, so I don't have a big pool of subjects to observe.

MBTI
    INTJ

Choosing action over interpretation?

(More so than usual.)
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Anyone care to explain this ..

Since I can't seem to see how these functions could create a loop.

Please help?
    An Fe-Se loop would create hyper-awareness for the surrounding emotional state and values. If Fe leads, then that creates neurosis about fitting in. If Se leads, that creates an impulse towards grandiose and histrionic displays.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Most primary-tertiary loops in extroverts result in too much action without taking the time to think about anything. Without the introverted auxillary creating a drive to pause and consider what has been experienced little is learned, leading to the person repeating the same mistakes or a some other comparable afliction.

In an Fe - Se loop there is an urge to attend to social needs combined with the urge to experience things first hand and experiment. This often results in the person feeling like they have to be there for everyone at all times. It can also result in a sort of mindless fivolity (especially in Se-Fe rather than Fe-Se) in which the person excessively seeks the sensory stimulation of group activitues such as parties, sports or whatever.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.
    Likes bundleofsunshine liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Consider this from typelogic:

Extraverted Sensing
    Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.
    It seems like a FeSe loop can be an overvaluing of things perceived through the senses. Example: these ENFJs may seem shallow, obsessed with their image and material status or maybe they adopt an ascetic attitude towards material things. It might even appear very inconsistent to others, where the ENFJ seems to value some things & not others without any discernible principles behind these feelings. Or they may indulge in hedonistic pursuits to block out their own feelings - their alone time with Ni can result in a brooding that they're trying to avoid.

I also think here is where we get the "manipulative" ENFJ people talk about. It's basically the flip of an ESTP Se-Fe loop, which is probably what is behind their used car salesman stereotype.

Fe is a thought process which is very adaptable in the sense that it accommodates the people around them, knows how to affect them, picks up on their vulnerable emotions, etc. Se is a thought process that sees tangible clues easily - it may aid in reading body language, for example. Se people will act on the immediate options they see - adjusting their approach as they go according to the sensory signals they pick up & testing what they can get away with. Combine all that with the Fe inclination to read people emotionally, and you have someone who can easily affect others. They may know how to set someone up for the response they desire. This does not have to be used for evil, but even if it is not, it can seem manipulative to people who fall for it.

I have an ENFJ friend who is definitely NOT manipulative. I would never define him with that trait, but I will say he knows how to get a rise out of someone if he wants to. This is also what can make ENFJs good at banter & teasing. I think the Se adds to the playful side & is positive when its anchored by Ni.

The Fe + Se loop may also cause an ENFJ to gauge their moral standards by whatever their current atmosphere happens to be. Everybody else does it, so it can't be that bad. Ni provides an insight beyond the moment, unveils the principles behind Fe so as to not blindly follow whatever seems good at the time.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Fe/Se loop?

When Fe leads the Fe/Se loop: See Babylon Candle on Ventrillo. It's like a bad/amazing Jim Carrey Movie! All action, no real meta perspective thought. It's all about physical displays of emotion aimed at getting a rise out of other people

When Se leads the Fe/Se loop: See the typical "normal guy" ben stiller character. Just of "lives". Everyone tends to see themselves in you. You aren't really much of anything. You just sort of float about merely concerned with your satiety, safety, comfort, surroundings, tasks etc. Its not hedonistic of accomplishment oriented though, hence the Fe aspect.

Glycerine

Things have to get done NOW NOW NOW!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Se can have a bit of an action bias though. ESTPs are daredevils and very accomplished schmoozers. As OA mentioned, ESTP Se/Fe loop leads to the "used car salesman" type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp