• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe/Se loop???

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Anyone care to explain this ..

Since I can't seem to see how these functions could create a loop.

Please help?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not sure. One possibility that I see - My mother becomes hyper aware of her surroundings under stress and often becomes either overly solicitous of us, doing stuff that she really doesn't need to or worried about how much she is/isn't doing. I also wonder if the guilt thing is connected to a Fe-Se loop in some way. Can't feel happy unless everyone else close is or takes on unreasonable amounts of responsibility for other's behaviour/happiness etc and feels deep unfounded guilt. I don't know if that would be Fe-Se or not. Since most types seem to have a loop, I've been curious whether ENFJs do and what it would look like. Domino said she loops through these, but didn't say in what way. My mum is the only ENFJ I am really close to, so I don't have a big pool of subjects to observe.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Choosing action over interpretation?

(More so than usual.)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone care to explain this ..

Since I can't seem to see how these functions could create a loop.

Please help?
An Fe-Se loop would create hyper-awareness for the surrounding emotional state and values. If Fe leads, then that creates neurosis about fitting in. If Se leads, that creates an impulse towards grandiose and histrionic displays.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Most primary-tertiary loops in extroverts result in too much action without taking the time to think about anything. Without the introverted auxillary creating a drive to pause and consider what has been experienced little is learned, leading to the person repeating the same mistakes or a some other comparable afliction.

In an Fe - Se loop there is an urge to attend to social needs combined with the urge to experience things first hand and experiment. This often results in the person feeling like they have to be there for everyone at all times. It can also result in a sort of mindless fivolity (especially in Se-Fe rather than Fe-Se) in which the person excessively seeks the sensory stimulation of group activitues such as parties, sports or whatever.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Consider this from typelogic:

Extraverted Sensing
Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.
It seems like a FeSe loop can be an overvaluing of things perceived through the senses. Example: these ENFJs may seem shallow, obsessed with their image and material status or maybe they adopt an ascetic attitude towards material things. It might even appear very inconsistent to others, where the ENFJ seems to value some things & not others without any discernible principles behind these feelings. Or they may indulge in hedonistic pursuits to block out their own feelings - their alone time with Ni can result in a brooding that they're trying to avoid.

I also think here is where we get the "manipulative" ENFJ people talk about. It's basically the flip of an ESTP Se-Fe loop, which is probably what is behind their used car salesman stereotype.

Fe is a thought process which is very adaptable in the sense that it accommodates the people around them, knows how to affect them, picks up on their vulnerable emotions, etc. Se is a thought process that sees tangible clues easily - it may aid in reading body language, for example. Se people will act on the immediate options they see - adjusting their approach as they go according to the sensory signals they pick up & testing what they can get away with. Combine all that with the Fe inclination to read people emotionally, and you have someone who can easily affect others. They may know how to set someone up for the response they desire. This does not have to be used for evil, but even if it is not, it can seem manipulative to people who fall for it.

I have an ENFJ friend who is definitely NOT manipulative. I would never define him with that trait, but I will say he knows how to get a rise out of someone if he wants to. This is also what can make ENFJs good at banter & teasing. I think the Se adds to the playful side & is positive when its anchored by Ni.

The Fe + Se loop may also cause an ENFJ to gauge their moral standards by whatever their current atmosphere happens to be. Everybody else does it, so it can't be that bad. Ni provides an insight beyond the moment, unveils the principles behind Fe so as to not blindly follow whatever seems good at the time.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe/Se loop?

When Fe leads the Fe/Se loop: See Babylon Candle on Ventrillo. It's like a bad/amazing Jim Carrey Movie! All action, no real meta perspective thought. It's all about physical displays of emotion aimed at getting a rise out of other people

When Se leads the Fe/Se loop: See the typical "normal guy" ben stiller character. Just of "lives". Everyone tends to see themselves in you. You aren't really much of anything. You just sort of float about merely concerned with your satiety, safety, comfort, surroundings, tasks etc. Its not hedonistic of accomplishment oriented though, hence the Fe aspect.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se can have a bit of an action bias though. ESTPs are daredevils and very accomplished schmoozers. As OA mentioned, ESTP Se/Fe loop leads to the "used car salesman" type.

G

Glycerine

Well, that's HOW I experience it... but I might be ENTJ for all I know......

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It ultimately depends on why/what things have to get done ASAP, I suppose...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was noting the general tendency, smartass. :rolli: Frankly a bias for action (or anything else behavior-oriented) isn't really type-related, but certain thinking styles do tend to think in certain ways.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, that's HOW I experience it... but I might be ENTJ for all I know......

Your sense of urgency to act will just be in terms of value. You may make certain tasks more important than they are and overwork yourself to complete them, maybe. Just a possible way it could play out.

What I want to know is how ENFJs become lazy - is the Fe-Se loop going the other direction? Becoming so wrapped up in the immediate pleasures they put off their responsibilities? I just say this as I know two who do something like that.....

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure laziness itself is that heavily type-related either. I'm one lazy-ass Te-dominant fuck myself. :laugh: And THE laziest person I have met in my life is ISTJ.

G

Glycerine

ummm... actually, I tend to get like that when I am really stressed so I thought that the sense of urgency could be somewhat Se fueled like it has to be done at the present moment or I freak out. Who knows if truly is or not? Why are people discounting how I personally experience my Fe-Se loop? I'm supposedly an ENFJ. Shouldn't I know?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it is, actually. Se grounds you in the present, and Fe could (not will, but usually does) give people a sense of duty to others. Together they'd certainly do that. Sense of responsibility + "there ain't nuttin but the present" attitude = "Get your ass in gear, right the fuck NOWNOWNOWNOW!"

G

Glycerine

OA, lazy could = being overwhelmed for some ENFJs. I know that after I experience my Fe-Se loop and things don't get resolved... I try to avoid the problem....

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
how can you loop two extroverted functions?
that would be like a train coming out of a tunnel and then coming out of the same tunnel without ever going back in.

it can't happen. there's no such thing as an Xe + Xe loop.

what you're observing can be explained by some other method. try and figure that out instead of trying to learn imaginary typological forms.