User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Haven't changed anything but I'd say if there's anything that can switch it would be my T/F function. In my INFP results, my F is the weakest one! The other three are STRONG!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

1) Not really. Now that i understand the functions and how i metabolize information, i don't have much doubt.

2) I used to think i was 6w5. lol ahhh good times haha. i still question my tritype sometimes though
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I wonder how all these "votes" shake out if you factor in for the comments about "when I was a kid/younger"? I assume that many on this forum are not over 25. (Do we have stats on this??)

I am of the opinion that early life (heredity, family of origin, circumstance, etc.) sets us off on a few most likely paths. Without some large trauma or other life changing events, we will end up much like we started, reinforcing early tendencies until they become relatively fixed as a young adult. So in this sense, we may experiment with different personalities or shift in response to events when we are younger. By our early 20's I believe it gets much harder to change at a fundamental level.

That said, I think Enneagram doesn't change after early 20's. I do think one can learn skills and patterns of behavior that would have someone test a different MBTI. Now, did their underlying functions change, or did they just learn to rely on other ones more than their natural tendencies? I will say the latter, but it could still mean that they act, seem and test differently.

I have had rather strong tendencies since a young age, and little to shift them. And so I think I've been the same for quite a long time.

1. Do you think that you were ever (genuinely) another MBTI type?

There was a point in my teens when I was (badly) coping with things by completely repressing every single one of my emotions, and I tested as INTJ. But before and after I've tested as INFP, so I don't think I was ever really any other type. Sometimes I wonder about the different types I could've been if I were the same person with a different life. Or if I met alternate universe me. I think would've made a good ESFP.

2. Do you ever think that you were ever another enneagram type?

Hmm. I don't know. I never took any enneagram tests until very recently and I'm not sure I have enough objective knowledge about myself to categorize past me in this way. But it all changes as a person changes. Or at least, it doesn't have to stay the same.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by estorm View Post
    I wonder how all these "votes" shake out if you factor in for the comments about "when I was a kid/younger"? I assume that many on this forum are not over 25. (Do we have stats on this??)

I am of the opinion that early life (heredity, family of origin, circumstance, etc.) sets us off on a few most likely paths. Without some large trauma or other life changing events, we will end up much like we started, reinforcing early tendencies until they become relatively fixed as a young adult. So in this sense, we may experiment with different personalities or shift in response to events when we are younger. By our early 20's I believe it gets much harder to change at a fundamental level.

That said, I think Enneagram doesn't change after early 20's. I do think one can learn skills and patterns of behavior that would have someone test a different MBTI. Now, did their underlying functions change, or did they just learn to rely on other ones more than their natural tendencies? I will say the latter, but it could still mean that they act, seem and test differently.

I have had rather strong tendencies since a young age, and little to shift them. And so I think I've been the same for quite a long time.
    I am 45. I don't believe my type has changed, just my perception of myself is clearer as I do inner work and remove ego constructs.

It is clear to me that I have always been a ENFJ. It fits how I have lived even if not how I conceived myself.

I took the official MBTI several times in my early 20s and tested as a ISTP, which makes since I tried to reject feelings as a coping mechanism from childhood. I was never a ISTP, just in the grip of Ti.

As for enneagram, I really am not sure still. 9w8 is in my stack. 2w3 (or 3w2) is there as well. But I still have more work to do on this midlife transformation....

I need to keep seeing myself better.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Gryffindor Prefect OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so

1. My natural P/J distinction is so minuscule that I've tested ENFJ before. However, I've observed that my general preference is slightly P and that I resort to extreme J when I'm stressed, which I frequently am. I've also wondered before if I was INFP because of the amount of alone time I require, but I attribute this to the typical ENFP need to be alone to recenter. (My N and my F are off-the-charts high.) All the other evidence points ENFP -- my way of speaking, my cognitive functions, and pretty much all of the absent-minded/flighty/head-in-the-clouds/can't-start-a-project-for-her-life ENFP stereotypes that exist!

2. I used to be certain I was a 7, but now I don't know what I am. I'm definitely either a 2w3 or a 3w2, but I'm not sure. I fit descriptions of both 2 and 3 to a T.
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP 3w2-7w6-8w7 sx/so
    Neutral Good | SLUAI | Sanguine-Choleric
    Gryffindor | Wampus
    Sagittarius Sun | Sagittarius Moon | Aquarius Rising

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

When I was younger, I was very 4-ish. Though I'm still not 100% positive on my enneagram, I believe I'm a 6w5. I've tested as 5w4, 9w1, and 1w9. Most recently, and seemingly most accurately, however, 6w5.
    As for my MBTI, I was much too detached as an adolescent to even know, to be quite honest. I hated people as a whole, but loved each individual I met. Even though I disliked most of them... I've always been sort of a walking contradiction, so who knows!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

When i first did the test(like 8 months before joining the forum) i got an intj and it seemed to fit reasonably well according to the tests description, so i thought i was an intj. But after looking at type theory bit in more depth i quickly realized i was an intp instead.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I used to think I was an INTP. The researching part of the descriptions match, but INTP does not fit me at all.

I'm still not sure on the S/N divide, but I don't randomly "get" things the way high Ni users do.

I think I got ESTJ and INTJ the first few times i took it. On the surface, my demeanor and the way I communicate can come off TJ-ish but when I reveal my actual thought process and motivations, it's a more calculated, less warm Fe approach.