User Tag List

First 34567 Last

1. Haven't sourced enough information to understand MBTI to the degree necessary to make this call.
    2. Enneagram appears to be a Fe-based construct which I reject beyond the instinctual stackings. As far as these are concerned if sx is defined as intimacy, then from as far back as I can remember, it's been the same. I have a strong need to connect but sp will put the brakes on if it senses any issues.

Since other members have expressed concern over point #2, I should clarify. This response is solely focused on E8.
    Last edited by bechimo; 01-08-2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Addition of the last paragraph.

MBTI
    INTJ

Nah,

I don't think we change types; who you are is at the core. Life experiences may suppress or develop what's less prominent in you, though. For instance, I think I was definitely more ISTJ as a teen, but I have developed other functions to a point where I am balanced. I still consider myself ISTJ at the end of the day though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

1. Do you think that you were ever (genuinely) another MBTI type?

I am always in doubt about me, but I only seriously thought I was a different type at the very beginning when I didn't understand MBTI. I thought that there was no way I was an intuitive because I'm mind-blind and take things literally.

2. Do you ever think that you were ever another enneagram type?

Well, at first I thought that I was a 5w6. Now I see that I don't have a 6 wing but I am still torn between 5w4 and 4w5. I was 5w4 for a long time but now I am slightly leaning toward 4w5.

ReflecTcelfeR

I was probably more Infp as a child, but this is because of my environment not because it was me. I think I have always been xNTP. I'm more I than e, but tests seem to cut me down the middle of that line.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Just curious.

1. No, not really. If anything, I was ISXP and then ISFP. I think I was always ISFP although the F part of my personality wasn't really solidly present until my early teens.

2. Not for a second.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I've never really been certain of my MBTI type. I am pretty sure that it's an sfp type... either isfp or esfp. I can go back and forth between the two of them.
    As for the enneagram type, well, I don't really understand enneagram, but I suspect 7w6 is the right one for me.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

The first time I've token this test, I've gotten INFP.

I'm quite set around IXFP. I was quite set that I was an IXXP type to begin with.

Though other types do pop up here and there.

At first, I thought I might have been a 4w5 or a 5w4. I think what changed my mind was that type 4 and type 5 sounded like extreme cases to me.

As of right now, I'm set on 9w1 unless I can somehow be proven that I have an 8 wing instead of a 1 wing.

Junior Member Modern Warrior Poet's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    ----
    Socionics
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Just curious.

I was solidly an ENFJ when I was younger, but as I became older, wiser, and a bit more cynical, I have become a ENTJ. Apparently, this is a very common transition.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I tested as an ISFP the first time I took an mbti test. Read the description and it really struck home. I became hooked to the mbti for that reason. It was just so dead on. Through all of the changes I've under went, from childhood, the teenage years, depression and who I am today, ISFP has always been fitting.

However, I do believe that, as marm described earlier in another thread, ISFP is more like a default mode. I don't think humans are so fixed and rigid that we are incapable of utilizing other functions. Sometimes I seem more like an ESFP, other times, an ESFJ, yet other times INFP or even ISTP. But ultimately, ISFP is always my true reality.

With the enneagram, however... I'm not so confident. I don't know that I can relate to 4w5 in my childhood or teenage years. This is more something that seemed fitting once I got to college and in my adult life. I may have been more of a 9 before, I don't know.

I consider MBTI to describe the way in which one takes in information and then processes that information. The enneagram is more like your fixation or direction of utilizing the mbti tools. I can't see the enneagram as being completely fixed... but perhaps I don't understand it well enough. All I know is, if I were to look at who I was at age 16 that 4w5 would not be a proper fit to me. But maybe the enneagram just takes more time to fully blossom and show than mbti. I could possibly say that my experiences from childhood and the teenage years may have ultimately led me to become a 4w5... but it was those experiences plus traumatic experiences of the late late teens and early twenties that gave that final push.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't think I was ever genuinely ever another MBTI type. Whenever I take that brutally honest personality test I always get ENFP...and I've taken it at least five times in the last five years. I also think I'm close on E/I, so sometimes that skews my results. Let's see...I'm also an ENFP on the facebook MBTI (oooh I know, so accurate) and an ENFp in socionics, at least on tests.

NOW, on some Keirsey type tests I get INFJ. I think there are various reasons for this. I think it may have to do with WHAT I THINK I SHOULD BE BECAUSE I WAS RAISED IN A VERY SJ ENVIRONMENT. So sometimes I think I get FJ because I have that feeling as a child of my wicked step-monster breathing over my shoulder telling me what's right and wrong, and that may be why I test INFJ.

For serious.

Also, apparently INFJ is the ENFP shadow so I could go into that under stress, which makes sense. As IndyAnnaJoan pointed out, we behave differently in different situations.

If I look at function theory I appear to be ENFP (functions tests points to clear Ne dominance, with Fi second, and Ni third), as does my behavior over the past fifteen to twenty years of my life.

I think social anxiety could also skew my results toward INFP or INFJ.

But do I think I actually was one concrete type and became a different person? No.