User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Hmmm just to be clear. I don't mean if you've ever TESTED as another type, I mean do you genuinely think that you've changed types before, this is for both MBTI and enneagram.
    My point was.. you can't genuinely change type. You just go into shadow and it can look very different from your true type.
    Other times situations force you to use functions outside of your preference. Over a long period of time this might become habit.. but it's still not the same as preference.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    My point was.. you can't genuinely change type. You just go into shadow and it can look very different from your true type.
    Other times situations force you to use functions outside of your preference. Over a long period of time this might become habit.. but it's still not the same as preference.
    I fundamentally disagree, though I assumed that's the position a lot of people have. It's not easy but with some major changes in life personalities definitely change. I'm convinced that I'm was an INFP as a child and if you think about it, that's not such a bit change, on all accounts. Ne and Fi just swapped places. I was very much introverted, very much socially anxious and awkward. I spent a lot of my lunch-times and school bus trips alone with my thoughts. It wasn't until I moved to New Zealand that I was forced to be more extroverted, to have any friends at all. Till this day, I am convinced that I am an ENFP.

My ennegram type however has always been the same - type 4w3. This is also why I created this thread in the first place
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

1. Do you think that you were ever (genuinely) another MBTI type?
    I was probably INFP or INTP as a kid.

2. Do you ever think that you were ever another enneagram type?
    Probably not, actually...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i agree here about not changing types... that's kinda the point of personality psych, after all. to identify and study the parts of our identities which stay stable over time.

1. you would have sworn up and down that i was an INFP as a younger child, but i feel like this was probably more due to my environment than anything. i guess i did like team sports and butting in people's conversations to ask questions an abnormal amount for your average INFP.

2. screw the enneagram, it's really confusing, lol. i probably seemed more like a 4w3 as a kid than the 3w4 i currently think i am - though in truth, i have always had 3w4 core drives - that i seek self-definition and self-awareness for the sake of being successful and fulfilled. i think this goes perfectly hand-in-hand with moving from INFP to ENFP, and again, it very likely has been more about environment than my own default preferences.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No & No. I tested INTP for years, but never accepted it. Not until I learned what Fi was did I really identify with a type. I've always tested 4 or 5, leaning towards 4. Sometimes I questioned if I was 5w4 instead of 4w5, but that's about it. I don't think type changes either. I think people test wrong or develop atypical behavior for their type, probably in response to something in their environment. INFP 4w5 is the mindset I have always had, as far back as I can remember.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFJ

I thought I was an ENTP once....I'm just weird ENFP I guess.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

INFP -> major depression/breakdown in personality -> reconstruction -> INTP.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I disagree with those who say you can't change type. Why not? After giving it a bit of thought, I was probably XNXP as a child. I'm not so sure about my I and E. I was more adventurous than I was contemplative, whereas now it's the other way around. I really don't see any reason someone can't change type. Someone's environment can cause them to change the way they think, and sometimes it can just happen naturally. An ISFJ may one day feel they are tired of living a settled, progressive life and feel like just having fun, so they turn into an ESFP and forget all there troubles. It is unlikely this would ever happen instantaneously, except perhaps in case of a traumatic event, but over time I think it is entirely possible to change how you judge and percieve.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ummm...I took one of those "kid" MBTI tests based upon my memories of myself when I was little and I got INJ child. I also tested INFJ when I was seventeen...I remember being displeased with the result because J meant "Judging" I remember that INFP seemed more appealing to me, like it was mystical or something.

I consistently tested INFJ, even at points in my life where my behavior actually seemed MUCH more ExxP than it does right now. However, on other tests I have gotten INFP and ENFP.

I identify most strongly with Fi, not Fe, through function theory...which makes me an xNFP. My value system is just not Fe enough. I may use some Fe, but it is NOT my preferred function, so I can't be INFJ in terms of function theory.

HOWEVER, apparently I seem IxFJ to some people in person.

All of this would seem to point to INFJ, but broken down into Ni/Fe/Ti/Se...NO WAY. Especially the Fe and the Ti. I identify much more strongly with Fi and Te.

Not only that, but I'm quite openly expressive, though I'm not especially social and spend plenty of time alone. I'm a borderline I/E but ....yeah.

This isn't an exact science. If you try to make it into one you might end up tearing your hair out.
    Likes SteinitzGamgbit liked this post

Banned
    Just curious.

1. Do you think that you were ever (genuinely) another MBTI type?
    No; I believe that if you understand the cognitive basis of MBTI rather than drivel tests then you will understand your 'lifelong type'. This in my view would only change with a mental breakdown and personality reconstruction.

2. Do you ever think that you were ever another enneagram type?
    Yes, possibly a 5 instead of a 6 and maybe even a 4 before that. Then again, enneagram theory says we move clockwise around the types soooo... hmm.

Just wait, when I become a 7 I'm buying a Porsche .