• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most S-like N, most N-like S

username666

Any thoughts or opinions on which Intuitive types seem closest to an S type? And vice versa?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ISFPs are the NFs of the SPs, and ENTJs are the SJs of the NTs.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've actually heard that ISTP is the most N of the S types, and I would believe it from the ISTPs I've encountered on-line.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Yeah, ISFP is probably the most N, though ISTPs have been known to go into sort of N areas like engineering.

I also agree with ENTJs being the S-est Ns.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ISxP are Ns
xNTJ are Ss.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTJs, yes, because of tertiary Se and the fact that they always seem to be "doing"...but INTJs (hint: Ni is their very first function!)? INPs actually have Si as their tertiary.

The truth is, though, is that some people are just more N or S than others, no matter what their type is. Every person of a particular type is not going to have the same percentages of I/E, N/S, T/F, J/P...nor will they use all of their functions with equal preference.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
ENFJ -> S
ISTP -> N

IMO

I'm pretty much using the logic that INTPs are the N-est of Ns and ESFJs are the S-est of Ss. Pretty shortsighted of me in a dizzying plethora of ways, for sure. I don't really care, though.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I would probably think ISFPs are most N-like of the SPs. I have a good friend who I thought at first was an N - probably INFP - though I think I have a slight tendency to assume that when I feel quite a strong connection to someone. I'm pretty sure by now she's ISFP.

SPeaking for myself, as an INFJ, I think I can be quite ISFJ-like. But perhaps that's a bit more unusual.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENTJs, yes, because of tertiary Se and the fact that they always seem to be "doing"...

ENTJ was the first type that came to mind.
I always have trouble seeing their N; usually everything is getting T'ed, and sometimes they seems conventional in how they manage things. I usually detect the N through an absence of S civility. (ESTJs, I actually seem to be able to connect with better; they seem more quietly self-assured, and seem to have developed a more formal and thus explicable social manner.)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
This explains why I can never find my shoes!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This explains why I can never find my shoes!

+1

After I did my original ISFP profile video, I've had several comments about how people think I'm actually an INFP. I'm pretty sure I'm an ISFP, but I always thought it was interesting that a few people saw that in me (or were at least not very good at typing). Then again I've had people who think I'm either an ISFJ, ESFP, or INFP. So who really knows. :shrug:

Anyway, I accept this was great honor. :D

username666

ISFp and ENtj?

They both have either Se or Ni in the tertiary so i guess that makes sense.. How about ENFJ and ISTP? Are they equally able to seem the most S-like or N-like respectively?

Qre:us

ISFp and ENtj?

They both have either Se or Ni in the tertiary so i guess that makes sense.. How about ENFJ and ISTP? Are they equally able to seem the most S-like or N-like respectively?

It's the bias of seeing Thinkers as more rational, thus, "less obscure/abstract". I.e., they make more "sense" which seems to be assumed as counter to "intuition" (those crazy intuitives).

So, Fe<Te, just as Fi<Ti.

Giving us: ENTJ>ENFJ (S) and ISFP>ISTP (N)

The second bias is that Ni is considered the optimal representation of "intuition" while Se is considered the optimal representation of "sensing".
This is the reason why INxP (tert Si) and ESxJ (tert Ne) are not part of the consideration.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
EXXJ because perceiving functions are 2nd and 3rd function and primary p function is introverted. intj might also seem like S because of Te and obsessiveness of what is true/false(is easily mixed with "what is" by S types) that comes with it

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
It's the bias of seeing Thinkers as more rational, thus, "less obscure/abstract". I.e., they make more "sense" which seems to be assumed as counter to "intuition" (those crazy intuitives).

So, Fe<Te, just as Fi<Ti.

Giving us: ENTJ>ENFJ (S) and ISFP>ISTP (N)

The second bias is that Ni is considered the optimal representation of "intuition" while Se is considered the optimal representation of "sensing".
This is the reason why INxP (tert Si) and ESxJ (tert Ne) are not part of the consideration.

I completely agree with this post. The only other thing I'd like to add is that we ENFJ's tend to be very idealistic in our dealings with people, which is what allows ENTJ's to pull ahead on the S scale. Some ESFJ's like to sweep things under the rug but when confronted with the facts they won't deny them and will in fact fess up. We ENFJ's will avoid that. We like to hold to the ideal.

wolfy

awsm
+1

After I did my original ISFP profile video, I've had several comments about how people think I'm actually an INFP. I'm pretty sure I'm an ISFP, but I always thought it was interesting that a few people saw that in me (or were at least not very good at typing). Then again I've had people who think I'm either an ISFJ, ESFP, or INFP. So who really knows. :shrug:

Anyway, I accept this was great honor. :D

That seems like fun. I envy you getting the you're another type shenanigans.