User Tag List

First 12

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As an aside, what did you think of Duniho's DDLI test, which includes additional validation of function sets (i.e., two functions that work in tandem)?

I'm not question mark but judging from the results from this site the test has a bias towards the Ti + Fe & Ne + Si function sets.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As an aside, what did you think of Duniho's DDLI test, which includes additional validation of function sets (i.e., two functions that work in tandem)?
    I like the test questions. Some of the results were a bit confusing, but overall it was a good test.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    You think Plato was an INTP?

I'm cool with that.
    Keirsey is also INTP from what I understand.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Keirsey did not alter the temperaments, he simply gave them new names and made a comparison to Meyers' work instead of keeping his types independent of MBTI. They do not correlate exactly to MBTI anymore than the enneagram types.
    I really don't know temperaments well enough to know, but I was merely passing on the assessment of Gianninni in his book 'Compass of the Soul'. He has 22 pages in this book where he discusses his criticisms of Kiersey, Bates and Berens. I'll come back to this thread later and summarize what he said. I would like to know what others think about his view.

His book is one of my favorite type books because he goes into depth about practically every type theory in existence. I came across some things in his book that I hadn't seen anywhere else such as Lowen's work.

Has anyone here read this book?

I don't think that Meyers systemized Jung's work, but simply devised an assessment to determine Jung's prototypes. We could have done okay without having the J/P dichotomy because in the end I prefer Ti-Se by Jung's standards, no matter if I am reading MBTI or Socionics.

If anyone systemized the work, I think that was Lenore Thomson and John Beebe. Since then, Linda V. Berens and Dario Nardi have been able to make it more applicable and easier to determine your best fit type, in my opinion, far more than Meyers-Briggs work. They are all great contributors.
    I agree with you. Myers didn't systematize Jung's ideas to the extent that others did, but she did make his ideas easier to understand.

I like the work of all of those theorists. Beebe in particular made me understand type more clearly. I doubt typology would be as popular if it hadn't attracted many other theorists. Kiersey definitely helped to popularize MBTI.

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Giannini title

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    I really don't know temperaments well enough to know, but I was merely passing on the assessment of Gianninni in his book 'Compass of the Soul'. He has 22 pages in this book where he discusses his criticisms of Kiersey, Bates and Berens. I'll come back to this thread later and summarize what he said. I would like to know what others think about his view.

His book is one of my favorite type books because he goes into depth about practically every type theory in existence. I came across some things in his book that I hadn't seen anywhere else such as Lowen's work.

Has anyone here read this book?

I agree with you. Myers didn't systematize Jung's ideas to the extent that others did, but she did make his ideas easier to understand.

I like the work of all of those theorists. Beebe in particular made me understand type more clearly. I doubt typology would be as popular if it hadn't attracted many other theorists. Kiersey definitely helped to popularize MBTI.

No, but I'd like to. My library doesn't have it, but has a book about Intuition with the same title written by Lynn Robinson.

Where did you get your copy by Gianninni?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    No, but I'd like to. My library doesn't have it, but has a book about Intuition with the same title written by Lynn Robinson.

Where did you get your copy by Gianninni?

Jae Rae
    I got my copy on Amazon.com which I found through an extensive search of type books. I've never seen anyone else mention the book on the forums. Its a thick book that is entirely about theory, and so maybe that is why its not overly popular. Its not the kind of book you turn to in order to easily figure out your type.

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool, thanks for the information.

My library has Link+ which gives me access to a number of academic libraries, so I thought perhaps it was a foreign publication.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    xNTP

Personally I like the idea of temperament more than that of type.

For me it's difficult to determine if someone is an ISPF, ENFP, ISTJ OR ENTP yet much easier to say some is an Artisan, Idealist, Guardian or Rational.

Also, Keirsey's notion that you cannot truly understand the minds of others but you can type them based on their actions seems like an ingenius approach.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post

For me it's difficult to determine if someone is an ISPF, ENFP, ISTJ OR ENTP yet much easier to say some is an Artisan, Idealist, Guardian or Rational.

Also, Keirsey's notion that you cannot truly understand the minds of others but you can type them based on their actions seems like an ingenius approach.
    I could understand why you would like it for that reason.

My guess about why I prefer MBTI is partly because I learned about it first. On top of that, I like how the theories of Beebe and others have developed it into a very complex system.

I do see that MBTI includes both behavior and cognitive processes. If you look at MBTI Step II, you'll see what looks the same as behavioral traits in the Big Five. Thinking individually or Extraversion individually is a behavioral trait that groups closely related sub-traits. However, when we speak of Extraverted Thinking, we're speaking about cognitive processes. The MBTI, like any test, is forced to measure according to behavior, but the MBTI doesn't stop there. It uses the traits to figure out the cognitive processes.

I think Temperaments are initially easier to figure out, but I'm a person who enjoys complexity. If I wasn't a bit challenged in trying to understand MBTI, then it wouldn't have intrigued me enough to obsess over it as I have. I feel that once a person understands MBTI, then its as easy to use as Temperaments in determing the types of others. However, I suppose most people aren't willing to try to understand a system like MBTI. And that is where the whole type descriptions come in. Many people never go beyond reading some particular description that resonated with them, and that is probably good enough for basic purposes.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post

I don't think so. I feel like I have many traits of every temperament except Artisan. I don't see how it's easier rather than harder... I identify much more with INFJ and that functional order specifically than any temperament group. I don't necessarily relate to other Idealists considerably better than Rationals, for instance. (Although I do seem able to get along well with NFJ's well, NFP's are a little harder, almost like another group of people altogether.)