• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne Te loop...tell me about it.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I've been reading about loops and shadows. I originally thought I was in and ISTJ shadow for many years, but now I'm wondering if I was stuck in a Ne-Te loop for many years???

So what is it like to be caught in this circle?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Good topic, I've been wondering about this too. /subscribe

I would also be interested in comparing this with Ne-Fe loops...

revolve

my good friend of many years is an ENFP but i thought she was an ISTJ for the longest time (even after i gave her the humanmetrics.com test over & over & she swore up & down "yep, i'm totally an enfp . . . i just don't show it" . . .) anyways, the NE TE loop deal really helps me to "believe" that she is an ENFP . . . because she is all sorts of unconventional / crazy but has had lots of complaints in her life with people at various jobs / school / social situations where people did not like her or complained about her etc. for being, "blunt, crude, rude & lacking social tact" . . .

so . . . what is it like to be caught in this circle???

well, for starters i feel she's been stuck & struggling in this NE TE thing for years (and i have not) we are both enfps & we both feel we are 7w6 SX . . . and we are the same age so here's what's different:

she is more hardened & skeptical than i - i am more naive / gullible
she doesn't trust people for years & years, they have to prove themselves to her - i trust until a person messes up
she claims that she likes being single & i hate being single
she is ok with a person that she's seeing having a SO & she is just the "mistress" so to speak - i am jealous as heck- i could never do that & would never want to

ok there's some more but i feel like what i'm writing is useless & tedious

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
a short-term loop is when i get off on a theoretical tangent and start forgetting to account for human factors. when i start thinking of people as problems to be solved and not people. which can be useful in the correct setting - chemistry, for example - but bad in the wrong one, such as psychology.

it's also useful when people are freaking out in a crisis and i'm able to ignore that and get around it. Ne generates possibilities for quick solutions and Te dictates which will be most efficient - so hopping on the Ne-Te train during a crisis is awesome.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm curious about the Ne Fe loop also. How do they differ? It's obvious to me I was operating in a loop or shadow for many years, I just haven't identified it yet....

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
A primary-tertiary loop in extroverts is characterised by a tendancy towards action without thought. Specifically, in a Ne-Te loop there is the urge to explore new things and attend to what has to be done... but without the introspection to pause and actually think about what really matters to them (Fi or Ti). Thus the person becomes overly concerned about things that are irrelivant, buzzing around like a a fly trapped against a window, their efforts diffuse and misdirected.

Only once Ji starts to decide what is important can the person Je to organise things to make time for what really matters to them.