User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Ne Te loop...tell me about it.

I've been reading about loops and shadows. I originally thought I was in and ISTJ shadow for many years, but now I'm wondering if I was stuck in a Ne-Te loop for many years???

So what is it like to be caught in this circle?
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Good topic, I've been wondering about this too. /subscribe

I would also be interested in comparing this with Ne-Fe loops...

my good friend of many years is an ENFP but i thought she was an ISTJ for the longest time (even after i gave her the humanmetrics.com test over & over & she swore up & down "yep, i'm totally an enfp . . . i just don't show it" . . .) anyways, the NE TE loop deal really helps me to "believe" that she is an ENFP . . . because she is all sorts of unconventional / crazy but has had lots of complaints in her life with people at various jobs / school / social situations where people did not like her or complained about her etc. for being, "blunt, crude, rude & lacking social tact" . . .

so . . . what is it like to be caught in this circle???

well, for starters i feel she's been stuck & struggling in this NE TE thing for years (and i have not) we are both enfps & we both feel we are 7w6 SX . . . and we are the same age so here's what's different:

she is more hardened & skeptical than i - i am more naive / gullible
    she doesn't trust people for years & years, they have to prove themselves to her - i trust until a person messes up
    she claims that she likes being single & i hate being single
    she is ok with a person that she's seeing having a SO & she is just the "mistress" so to speak - i am jealous as heck- i could never do that & would never want to

ok there's some more but i feel like what i'm writing is useless & tedious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

a short-term loop is when i get off on a theoretical tangent and start forgetting to account for human factors. when i start thinking of people as problems to be solved and not people. which can be useful in the correct setting - chemistry, for example - but bad in the wrong one, such as psychology.

it's also useful when people are freaking out in a crisis and i'm able to ignore that and get around it. Ne generates possibilities for quick solutions and Te dictates which will be most efficient - so hopping on the Ne-Te train during a crisis is awesome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm curious about the Ne Fe loop also. How do they differ? It's obvious to me I was operating in a loop or shadow for many years, I just haven't identified it yet....
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

A primary-tertiary loop in extroverts is characterised by a tendancy towards action without thought. Specifically, in a Ne-Te loop there is the urge to explore new things and attend to what has to be done... but without the introspection to pause and actually think about what really matters to them (Fi or Ti). Thus the person becomes overly concerned about things that are irrelivant, buzzing around like a a fly trapped against a window, their efforts diffuse and misdirected.

Only once Ji starts to decide what is important can the person Je to organise things to make time for what really matters to them.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.