User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I go all over, the NT and NF states I am naturally more predisposed to than the ST and SF states however there is a cross section or overlap where I have delved in the thought patterns across the board. While naturally comfortable where the heart is.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I'm having trouble understanding the groups in the OP. The S stuff and the N stuff are obviously different, but I can't distinguish SJ from SP and NT from NF.

How are golf clubs and bunches of grapes 2 different things? Or football players and a crowd? I'm not really following.

Same thing with evergreen trees... isn't that just a way to describe how those trees differ from other trees? Differing species I guess. Same deal with canines, or indie music.

Eh... I don't get it I guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I'm having trouble understanding the groups in the OP. The S stuff and the N stuff are obviously different, but I can't distinguish SJ from SP and NT from NF.

How are golf clubs and bunches of grapes 2 different things? Or football players and a crowd? I'm not really following.

Same thing with evergreen trees... isn't that just a way to describe how those trees differ from other trees? Differing species I guess. Same deal with canines, or indie music.

What I derived was NFs focus on the similarities when grouping whereas NTs focus on the differences. I don't really think it's accurate though.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    What I derived was NFs focus on the similarities when grouping whereas NTs focus on the differences. I don't really think it's accurate though.
    I thought of that too, but I thought finding the similarities and finding the differences are really the same thing, so maybe I'm just being NF and looking at the similarities between the two styles.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    We all have our different ways of grouping items and people together. I think it'll be interesting to explore this topic and examine whether we all really talk like this or not, along with coming up with more groupings for each temperament.

Artisans (SP) - sets/arrays/varieties - (golf clubs, knives, office furniture, football players, acting cast, wines)

SPs talk about sorts of things such as various wines because they're the artists of society and the masters of variety and spotting opportunities.
    I am intersted in aesthetic analysis of artworks. deconstructing works of all sorts to gain an insight into their eventual appearance...the casting of films and even the various crew members involved in productions lead to a deeper understanding of the overall work and directorial vision...otherwise it is just another "movie". While not very interested in knives as such, cutting tools both hand and power are always something I am involved with and I find that a knowledge of their particular history and evolution informs my productive use of them. Tools and materials carefully arranged in any discipline are appealing; the "compare and contrast" dialouge I find engaging to the point of distraction...I cannot help but want to know and understand more and more of those subjects that catch and hold my interests. Can make me a bit narrow I'm afraid....and capable of glazing over the eyes of even my best friends...and you too I expect...if you have managed to read this far and stay awake....
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Me too, Hirsch. If it's a topic I know something about and have a good deal of interest in, I can ramble on and on about endless distinctions and details. Even just about everyday experiences, I'll keep going down different rabbit trails talking in-depth about each aspect of the story.

With golf clubs, you have different types of clubs. A 5 iron, 8 iron, 9 iron, putter, etc. With a bunch of grapes, you just have... grapes. Have you ever differentiated between individual grapes?

You're just being a typical NF and classifying each group.

The difference is, an SP loves variety in groupings, and an SJ prefers to organize and count. For instance, my SJ girlfriend will sort her skittles out by color and count the groups. I just grab a mixed handful and shove 'em in my mouth. In fact if there's not enough variety sometimes I'll interchange a few.

Not necessarily, no. If you were talking about ALL trees, you could list tons of similarities between them. And though the grouping might not exist without distinctions from other things, you're not focusing on that. In fact, NFs often go on to talk about the whole universe and many of them speak about how all is really one.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    Interesting. I'm an NF, but I definitely relate to the NT classification the most. I am a sorter to the extreme as much as it bothers me sometimes. I can go on for days about differences between things.
    I don't know you, so don't take offense, but how sure are you that you're an NF? You might have tons of other traits that point to that, so forgive me if I'm wrong. But I've found that the current typology here can be full of holes and it's a lot tougher to figure out one's type because the definitions can be so wishy-washy.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'd say my preference goes as follows: Sorts, Clusters, Sets, Classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade
    NTs talk about sorts of things because they take great pains to distinguish one type of thing from another so as to not get them confused. Their distinctions can get deeper and deeper, creating more efficiency and thereby evoking accusations of splitting hairs.
    I see myself doing this everyday. For some things I take pain, but for others I do it without effort.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I don't know you, so don't take offense, but how sure are you that you're an NF? You might have tons of other traits that point to that, so forgive me if I'm wrong. But I've found that the current typology here can be full of holes and it's a lot tougher to figure out one's type because the definitions can be so wishy-washy.
    Man that would throw me if ended up being an ENTP. If you look at my function order my Ti is very low, so I'd be a pretty unhealthy ENTP if I was one... I'm pretty certain about my type, as certain as anyone can be about type, I guess. I do think I was in an ISTJ shadow or stuck in some kind of loop many years (I'm in process of researching these concepts to determine).
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------